The Date

Stalker From His Past

            The next afternoon, Lucy had already woken up and was spazzing out, still not being able to grasp the idea that Lee Sungjong of Infinite freaking asked her out. She was walking around the house in her pajamas, pinching and talking to herself. Yumi on the other hand was still asleep, softly snoring, dreaming about Woohyun.

“OMG ITS ALMOST TIME. CRAP. ITS ALMOST 1!!!!!!!” the night before, Lucy and Sungjong texted each other about their date.

Flashback~

After Lucy and Yumi had finally stopped fangirling and pretty much dying about Lucy and Sungjong going on a date, she had texted Sungjong,

“Hey, Sungjong. My address is___________. Where should we meet up? Or are you going to pick me up? What time?”

A few minutes later, he texted back,

“Um. I’ll pick you up at your house at around 1? I might be a bit late, depending on when our schedule ends and everything. But I probably will be there by one.”

She waited a bit, so it wouldn’t seem like she stared at her phone the whole time, waiting for him to text back or anything. She slowly typed,

“Sure. Its alright if you come a bit later. Where are we going to go? Just in case if I wear the wrong thing. Like for example if we’re going to the beach, I probably shouldn’t wear sneakers. Or something like that.”

*Darn it…. I sound weird adding that. Why do I talk/type so much when I talk to someone I like?*

He texted back,

“We’re probably just going to walk around the city, so wear anything. It might be a bit warm tomorrow, so you should wear a light jacket or something.”

“Arasso. So I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Ne. Good night Lucy~ ^.^”

“Good Night Sungjong~ :D”

Back to the present~

“OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGM I NEED TO CHANGE, I NEED TO DO MY HAIR, MAKE UP, EVERYTHING! WHAT AM I DOING PACING AROUND???” Lucy yelled. She ran up the stairs, three at a time to her room. She pulled out a plain white shirt and a plaid shirt she got a few days ago, and a pair of black jeans. For makeup, she only applied lip gloss and eyeliner, since she didn’t have any acne. She untangled her hair with a brush, and that was that. She decided not to take a bag, since she only needed some money and her phone, which she had pockets for. After grabbing that, she quickly checked her watch while walking down the stairs.

“ITS FREAKING 12:58 OMG!!!!!!!” Yumi, who was woken up from all the commotion, slowly and sleepily walked down the stairs like a zombie, rubbing her eyes.

“What’s happening?” she asked.

“SUNGJONG IS FREAKING COMING IN TWO MINUTES ONNI. TWO MINUTES!”

“OMG HE IS. AND YOU DIDN’T WAKE ME UP! I LOOK HORRIBLE!”

“I’M THE ONE GOING ON THE DATE ONNI.”

“BUT STILL. MAYBE HE COULD HOOK ME UP WITH WOOHYUN OR SOMETHING. AND THIS DOES NOT MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION.”

“WHATEVER. I’LL HELP YOU WITH THAT SOME OTHER TIME. For now, do I look okay?” Emily turned around for Yumi to see the whole outfit.

“You look awesome. What shoes are you wearing?”

“Just converse. Or should I wear something else?”

“Just wear your converse.” Yumi said, eating some random food in the kitchen. “And put them on now, you take forever putting them on.”

“Ne, onni.” She obeyed, sliding on her high tops. She was about to tie them when the door rang.

“OMG THAT’S HIM!” Lucy yelled.

“Go open the door! But not too wide, I don’t want him to see me like this.”

“Arasso.” She opened the door a bit, only to be greeted by Sungjong, who had a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

“Hi Emily. Ready for our date?” he asked.

“Yeah, I just need to tie my shoes.”

“Oh, these are for you.” Sungjong said, holding out the flowers.

“Thanks! These are beautiful.” She commented. Yumi snuck up behind her, covering her face and body, taking the flowers for her and putting it in an empty vase.

“You’re welcome. Now let’s go!” he cheerfully said.

“Yeah, just wait. I need to tie my shoes.” She remembered.

“I’ll tie them for you.” He said.

“Oh really? You don’t have to-“

“I insist. Just come out and I’ll tie it.”

“Okay.” Lucy said blushing as she walked out onto the stairs. He knelt down, and started to tie her right foot, which she stuck out a bit. When he finished tying both feet, he got up and took her hand, leading her down the stairs. Lucy of course, started blushing again. *he’s touching my hand! We’re holding hands!*

“So what do you have planned for today?” Lucy asked, making conversation.

“Um. I was just thinking that we could maybe walk around the city, go to a few shops. Also, I was thinking we could go to a restaurant for lunch, I didn’t eat yet.”

“Sure. I didn’t eat yet either.” Lucy said. When she turned her head a bit to take a glimpse at him,she noticed that he was wearing sunglasses, a hat, a dark hoodie, and skinny jeans. *cute~*

“So what did you do today?” he asked.

“I woke up, at breakfast. Then I went on the laptop for a bit. Nothing special.” She said, thinking back to her morning. “What about you?”

“Woke up, ate a quick breakfast, then we had to go dance practice until 12:30.” He said.

“Nice, I guess. How is dance practice for you guys? Is it still really intense?” she asked, curious.

“Yeah. We have to practice a lot, since we just came back with ‘Man In Love’. But its alright. Dance practice was, is, and always will be intense. There are certain times when we mess around though. Usually only for birthdays or something like that.” He said.

“That’s cool. Just out of curiosity, are you supposed to be dating anyone?” Lucy asked.

“Well, our CEO said that we should. We don’t though, because he doesn’t have a girlfriend either. For some reason though, I just decided to ask you out.” He said.

“Why did you ask me out?”

“Well I found you kind of interesting I guess.” Sungjong said. “You seem to like things that most other people don’t like. And you just seem different. Which is a good thing. I don’t like people that are like everyone else, or they try to fit in and are fake.”

“But didn’t the members say that you’re the least like yourself on camera then any of the others?” Lucy recalled.

“That’s only when it comes to being all cute and doing aegyo all the time. I’m obviously not the cute diva maknae that I used to be. I changed. I became a man. Sadly, that image stuck to me, so I still try to be cute.”

“Oh, okay. so changing topics, where do you want to eat?” Lucy asked, since they were around a lot of restaurants, and the scent of food was making her hungry.

“Let’s eat here. I think Sungyeol hyung ate here before. He said the food was pretty good.”

“Okay then. Let’s go!” Lucy exclaimed in a little high pitched voice.

“You know you kinda sound like Pikachu when you talk like that.” Sungjong commented as he held open the door for her, like a gentleman.

“Really? A few people told me that in my school. They said it was annoying. So I try not to talk like that. It rarely comes out. I guess it just randomly did this time.”

“Well I think its cute.” He said, making her blush. The lady at the front asked,

“How many?”

“Two, please.” The restaurant was a nice place, it seemed really nice and colorful, yet really cozy.

After the couple was seated, a cute waiter gave them menus and water. The two ordered, and while they waited they decided to play 21 questions. (the game is basically one person asks a question, both people answer. Its to get closer to the person; to know more about them)

“You go first.” Lucy said after taking a sip of her water.

“Okay. Um. Let’s start out simple. Where were you born?”

“New York. You?”

“Seoul. Your turn.”

“Um. Favorite recent movie?”

“Um. I haven’t watched any movies in a while. But I like the movie ‘Werewolf Boy’. It came out a while ago though.”

“I like ‘Now You See Me’. Its really good.”

“I heard about it, I really want to watch it.”

“You should. So your turn. Ask a question.”

“Did you ever date anyone before?”

“Nope. Not at all.”

“Me either. Unless you count this first date.”

“Yeah, me too. So. Who’s your best friend?”

“Easy. Myungsoo.”

“My best friend is Yumi. Remember that girl that was with me? Yeah. She almost fainted that day. We grew up together, our parents knew each other.”

“Oh yeah, I remember her. She’s cute. Woohyun was her bias right? I think they would make a good match.”

“Right? Maybe we should hook them up or something.” By then, the food came. *NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM* Lucy tried eating as neatly and as lady-like as she could, and somewhat succeeded. Sungjong ate like royalty. After they finished, they asked for the check.

“I’ll pay.” Lucy said, taking the bill.

“No, I’ll pay. I was the one that asked you out. It’s my treat.” He retorted.

“But I already took the bill.”

“No! Let me pay! I’m the guy! I’m supposed to pay!” Sungjong whined a bit too loudly, attracting a few other customers.

“That’s really ist, right? Why don’t you just let me pay?”

“Ugh. You’re really stubborn you know. How about we split the bill?”

“Arasso.  And I know I’m stubborn, you can ask Yumi.” After paying for the bill, they left the restaurant, back onto the streets of Seoul.

“Where should we go next?” Lucy asked.

“Let’s go to…. Oh I know! Let’s go to a park~ I haven’t been to one of those in a while.”

“Yeah, sure. Why not? Aren’t the cherry blossoms out?” Lucy asked. (btw guys its like march so yeah)

After walking a few blocks, they got to a park close to Infinite’s dance practice room. (idk if its in the building or not)

“OMG THERE ARE SWINGS!!!!!!!!!!” Lucy yelled, running to the swings. Her whole life, Lucy loved swings. They were the best for her. She always felt like she could fly when she was on it, like she could touch the clouds. Lucy loves clouds, she loved them since she was a kid.

“Yah! Don’t run so fast!” Sungjong yelled, catching up to her. He wanted to enjoy the nice walk with all the cherry blossom petals falling. She kind of reminded Sungjong of Sungyeol hyung, hyper and a bit childish. But it was cute.

“Push me please!” she pleaded with a bit of aegyo. She was the queen.

“Arasso, arasso.” He suddenly realized that the people at the park were looking at them. They seemed like a real couple, didn’t they.

After pushing Lucy enough for her to be really high, surprisingly high with his bony arms he got on the swing next to her and started to push himself. They were just randomly laughing, occasionally looking at each other, enjoying each other’s presence. After a while, Lucy had stopped; she got motion sick really easily. They decided to walk around the park, enjoy the cherry blossoms. After a while, they stopped in the middle of a bridge and admired the colorful fish in the stream, while the cherry blossom petals fell. Sungjong brushed his hand against Lucy’s, then gathered up all his confidence and held her hand. She blushed and realized how this seemed a lot like a scene from a drama. She looked at Sungjong, and he looked back at her. They both looked down, embarrassed. Then again, they both looked up at the same time, catching each other’s eyes. Sungjong started to lean in, closing his eyes. *OMG HES GOING TO KISS ME* she thought in her head. Lucy closed her eyes, preparing herself for the kiss. She suddenly felt something soft and warm on her cheek. The kiss was soft, but he put enough pressure for her to know what was happening. When he pulled away, they looked at each other again. They were both too embarrassed to say anything.

“Hey! Let’s go to the dance studio!” Sungjong suddenly chirped. “Its not that far away from here.”

“Jinja? Are you sure I can?”

“Yeah, of course! Manager hyung won’t mind.” Sungjong said, leading Lucy out of the park to the studio. On the way, they got ice cream. They both got strawberry on a cone. After walking a few blocks, they ended up in front of a building. They went to the side of the building, down a flight of stairs, to the dance studio.

“Wahhhh. This is so cool! Its huge!” Lucy exclaimed.

“Yeah, it is.” Sungjong commented. “Hey, do you want me to teach you a dance?”

“Yeah, sure. Which one though?”

“Do you want to do a girl group dance or one of our dances?”

“Um. Let’s do one of your dances.” They decided to learn ‘She’s Back’, since it was one of Lucy’s favorite dances. After learning the first half, they decided to do it to music.

“Oh. She’s back. She’s back. She’s back. She’s back oh. She’s back. She’s back…” the music started. Lucy danced the first few steps, following Sungjong. She heard Sunggyu sing first, and danced to the beat. “…time will tell to my love…” After that were Sungjong and L’s part, then Sunggyu, and Woohyun’s part. At the chorus, they danced the cute, famous part which Lucy loved. After Hoya and Dongwoo’s rap, they stopped.

“Wahhhh. You’re really good Lucy!” Sungjong said.

“Really? I was horrible.” She said, out of breathe.

“No. You’re really good for a first timer. Maybe we could learn the rest, then keep practicing, and sooner or later you’ll learn the whole thing!” Sungjong exclaimed.

“Awesome! I guess. But aren’t you really busy now? Since you guys just came back and all.”

“I could make time out of my schedule to teach you.” He said, taking a water bottle out of the fridge and walking over to where she was sitting on the floor.

“You don’t have to, really.” Lucy said, taking the water bottle. “Thanks.” He sat down next to her.

“But I want to. And it’ll be fun.”

“Okay then, I guess. But don’t break or bend any rules or lose any sleep just to teach me, arasso? Its not like I’m training for a competition or anything.”

“Ne. Oh and by the way, you should call me oppa.”

“Oppa? Why? You don’t know my age.”

“Yeah, I remember. You told us yesterday.”

“Oh. Well maybe I will. But I probably won’t. I don’t call guys oppa.” Lucy said, trying to play ‘hard to get’.

“Please!!!” Sungjong pleaded, doing aegyo.

“No!!!” Lucy exclaimed cutely.

“PWEASE!!!!!!” Sungjong pleaded, doing the cutest things ever. After trying so hard to resist, Lucy finally gave in.

“FINE FINE FINE FINE FINE FINE!!!!!!!!!! JUST STOP BEING SO CUTE AND ALL. UGH.” Lucy practically exploding, pushing him away from her.

“Yay!!!!!!!” Sungjong exclaimed.

Lucy looked at her digital watch she always wore, “Hey, I should really head back home.” It was already 6, and she promised she would go out with Yumi for dinner.

“Yeah, I should get going too. The rest of the guys are probably waiting for me to eat dinner.”

“Okay then.” Lucy grabbed her phone and money which she set aside on the table where the laptop was.

“I’ll walk you home.” Sungjong said while they were walking outside. The sun was setting, it looked nice.

“Sure. I don’t even know my way back.” Lucy said.

“Good thing I remembered your address.” Sungjong commented. They walked past the ice cream shop, but instead of passing the park, he took a shortcut and walked the other way. They were walking slowly, hand in hand, enjoying the weather. They decided to finish their game of 21 questions, since they only asked like 5.

“So, what’s your favorite hobby? Or thing to do?” Sungjong asked.

“I like to look at the clouds. And the sky in general. Its really interesting. How there could be so many colors in the sky when the sun sets or rises on the horizon. Or when there are so many different clouds in the sky, and they could resemble anything.” Lucy said, getting lost in thought, looking up at the sky. “Sorry, I got a little caught off guard there.”

“Its alright.” Sungjong said. He liked the way she kinda spaced out. It meant that she wasn’t like any other girl. She actually cared about other things in life then makeup, fashion, music, and all the other things most girls like.

“What about you?” Lucy asked.

“The usual. Just dancing, listening to music. Nothing special.”

“So do you like any girl groups? Have a bias?” she asked.

“Well I was pretty close friends with Hwayoung from T-ara. But she kinda disappeared. I like Secret. And SNSD. I like all groups actually. I don’t have a bias, though. What about you?”

“I like Sistar, AOA, Girl’s Day, and Dal Shabet.” Once they finished the 21st question, they were already a block away from Lucy’s house.

“We should do this again.” Sungjong said, swinging their arms back and forth.

“We should. This is really fun.”

“You know, I actually kinda expected you to like spazz out sometime during this date. After all, you are a fan.”

“Well I’m not like other fans. And I can somewhat control myself. I’m actually not like most other people I guess.”

“Well everyone’s different in their own way. Its what makes them them.”

“Not in today’s world. Everyone tries to be like everyone else. For example, in the school I went to, you had to like certain artists, wear a certain brand of clothes, have the same hair, and a ton of other things. If you didn’t then you were considered weird and an outcast. I was one of the people to be outcasted. Luckily, I had Yumi onni with me. We both liked kpop, and we had a ton of other things in common.”

“Wow. I guess that’s how it kinda is everywhere. Like in the K-pop industry for example; but instead groups have to stand out. But they can’t too much. And if someone in a group does something scandalous, like date someone, then they’re looked down on and their career is ruined pretty much.”

“Yeah. That’s how society is nowadays. Everyone also has a reputation. Once you have it, you can’t mess it up.” They had finally got to Lucy and Yumi’s house.

“I guess I’ll see you some other time.” Lucy said.

“Yeah. For now we should just text each other. Hopefully none of the fans noticed me today. If they did, I’m screwed.”

“Let’s hope!”

“Well I have to go now. Bye Lucy.”

“Bye Sungjong oppa.” Lucy said. Before he left, she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and went inside. He stood there, frozen. *Wow. Two kisses in a day. I wonder if she had her first kiss….* He walked down the steps, back to the dorm where the other members were waiting for him to eat dinner, and details on the date. 


9 pgs, 12 font, 3,256 words. woo~ sorry for the late update, i promised two weeks but its like 2 weeks and a few days. i hope u guys like it though~ the whole kiss scene was kina awkz though. 

so anyways. guys~ how's ur summer so far? i wanna know how u guys r doing~ 

ppyong~

inspiritkissmebestfriendmelody <3