Shopping Basket

BAP gumdrops; drabble-shots

In the daejae+baby!jongup; banghim+baby!junhong AU

 

 

"Jonguppie you stay along this aisle alright? You can pick up anything you want and put them in the basket okay? Wait for appa here. Appa will be back in a bit!" 

 

 

"Want?"

 

 

"Yes guppie! Sweeties for your tummy!"

 

 

Daehyun poked jongup's tummy gently and the boy giggled, frown disappearing from his forehead. Oh!

 

 

Daehyun waited for jongup to nod and flash one of his big smiles before ruffling his hair and rushing over to grab stuff by the big freezers. It would be much faster this way and besides, youngjae told him not to let jongup by the freezers too much, having just recovered from a cold. Youngjae wouldn't be too pleased about him leaving their 2 year old all by himself but jongup listened well so daehyun was sure he wouldn't wander off. Plus, the area they lived in was safe. There were few people around anyway. See? Full proof. Jung daehyun was pretty proud of himself now. (Especially since they had spent way too much time picking out food to eat.)

 

 

Jongup looked around him once his appa was out of sight. Excitement and curiosity quickly overtaking his initial anxiety. He was at the sweets section and there was chocolate and gummy worms and gummy bears and gummy-

 

 

GUMMY DINOSAURS!

 

 

Jongup liked gummy dinosaurs. Maybe just one pack of that and another of something else since daddy tells him that he'd grow worms in his belly if he ate too much sweeties. Appa always snuck him some though. Grocery shopping with appa was fun. 

 

 

He walked along the aisle after dropping the pack of dinosaur gummies (thank god they were on the bottom shelf) down into the basket, scanning the various sweeties and waiting for something to catch his eye until he seems something small approaching him from the corner. Jongup's brave so he approaches the little figure only to realize it was a boy. Smaller than him, definitely and he was sniffling. 

 

 

"Appa? Appa..."

 

 

The little boy called out weakly, tears threatening to fall again. Jongup didn't like seeing people cry. He remembered daddy crying once when he was watching a sad movie, it was awful. But appa ended up laughing at daddy (which was mean) before pulling him into a hug and kissing his forehead. Appa and daddy hugged him too when he cried after bad falls. So jongup hugged the little boy and hoped that he would feel better. 

 

 

True enough the sniffling stopped, but the little figure was still scared from the way he shrunk away from jongup a little. Daddy tells jongup to be nice to other people, that's the way to make friends. 

 

 

"I am jongup!"

 

 

Jongup does an awkward bow and smiles in anticipation for the little boy to say something. Preferably introduce himself and say his own name. 

 

 

"Jongup...?"

 

 

The little boy said quietly, tilting his head to the side. And jongup giggled because the little boy was being silly. That was jongup's name! Not his!

 

 

"No me! Me jongup!"

 

 

Jongup forgot how to use proper sentences when he got excited and he didn't know why but he had started laughing, jumping up and down. His laughter was contagious somehow because the boy started giggling too, still slightly reserved because jongup was, essentially, still a stranger. 

 

 

"Jongup!" 

 

 

The boy said, voice louder this time and eyes disappearing behind a big smile. More laughing and jongup decided he liked the little boy. He had cheeks that squished his eyes and chubby hands. Maybe he would share his dinosaur gummies with him later. After appa pays. Jongup wanted to take his new friend home with him. Maybe they could play pokemon or jongup could show him the little dust bunny that lived under their couch. He didn't dare tell his parents because they'd be sure to throw it away. Good thing too because he was sure the new boy would be able to appreciate the dust bunny. Now jongup just has to figure out how to get him into the basket. 

 

 

When daehyun returned shortly after, he was shocked to see a little boy in his shopping basket grabbing waving a pack of sweets around and having an elaborate conversation with his son using imaginary words. Imaginary words were more efficient since the little boy knew too few.

 

 

"Jonguppie! Where- H-How did you- Oh my... How did you find a baby?"

 

 

Daehyun asked incredulously as he lifted the boy out from the basket and set him on the ground, getting down to the same level as him. He could've sworn he'd seen this baby before.

 

 

"Are you lost, little guy? Where's your mommy? Or daddy?" 

 

 

The little boy looked like he was about to cry again because daehyun reminded him that he was so terribly lost and he wanted his-

 

 

"A-Appa!"

 

 

The boy started crying and daehyun picked him up and rubbed his back.

 

 

"Shhh... It's ok we'll find your appa..." 

 

 

"Junhong?" 

 

 

Someone called out and daehyun could have sworn he knew that voice. Only one person in this world had a voice like that. 

 

 

"Y-yongguk hyung?" 

 

 

No wonder the boy looked familiar. Daehyun had seen a picture of him before when he was younger. Next came a mess of 'Junhong it's okay appa's here', 'don't you dare run off without me again' and 'oh my god jung daehyun is that you?' before the conversation settled in an orderly fashion. 

 

 

"I haven't seen you and Himchan hyung in a while! How have you been? We thought you moved to America!" 

 

 

"Yes we did but we came back, just a week ago. We were about to contact you guys once we'd settle down and stuff..." 

 

 

Yongguk looked tired from the grocery shopping as he set Junhong up on his hip. 

 

 

"And thanks for finding Junhong, Daehyunnie..."

 

 

"Oh no... I didn't find him... Jongup here did... He put Junhong in my shopping basket..." 

 

 

"Really? Thank you Jonguppie... Do you still remember me? I met you when you were a baby!" 

 

 

Jongup shook his head but smiled anyway because yongguk had a funny smile. Junhong stretched his arms out towards jongup. 

 

 

"Grocery shopping's fun huh..."

 

 

Yongguk shot daehyun a dirty look. No . Himchan usually did the shopping but he had some errands to run so yongguk had to do it. 

 

 

"Wanna come over to our place with himchan hyung? We're getting takeout anyway..." 

 

 

"I think Himchan would love that... Junhong too... Looks like he made a new friend!"

 

 

Yongguk smiled, watching his son cling onto jongup and take fascination at the drawstrings on the older boy's hoodie as they made their way towards the checkout counter. 

 

 

"Just don't tell Himchan that I lost Junhonggie..." 

 

 

"Just don't tell youngjae I left jongup at the candy section all by himself..."

 

 

Both men exchange meaningful looks before bursting into laughter. They sealed the deal with a fist bump. Some things never change.

 

 


this is for @lastlaughlane oppar whose occasional and sporadic jonglo feels somehow motivate me to write for a ship that frustrates me only because so dead. 

don't know if you'll see this/like this but... ^^