Airport Fashion

BAP gumdrops; drabble-shots

 

In the banghim+baby!BAP AU

"Appa?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Appa?"

 

"Hmm? What is it youngjae-ah?"

 

"Junhong is a baby... He can't eat ramyun!" 

 

Yongguk mentally slapped himself. His three year old had more sense than he did. "You're right jaejae! Daddy will cook something else for junhonggie alright?" Yongguk ruffled youngjae's fluffy hair and began scavanging the fridge like a vulture. He kept youngjae seated on the kitchen countertop because out of all his sons, youngjae was of relative help. He's been keeping yongguk sane for the past week. He nagged like Himchan did. And yongguk needed that presence.

 

Jongup ate like a little piglet. That's what they all agreed on. Yongguk himself insisted that jongup should start to learn to eat all by his big two year old self and like a good boy he tried his best. His best meaning a fifth of the bowl's contents on the table and another fifth dribbling down his bib. But the big smile on his face when yongguk praises him for being a smart kid makes it all worth while. After they were relatively well fed and full, yongguk crossed the hall to cross out another date on the calendar. Letting a subconscious sigh slip past his lips. 

 

"Daddy home?" jongup tilted his head to the side, his neck strained to look up at yongguk. 

 

"No jonguppie! Next week!!" daehyun said rather smartly, triggering off a word frenzy with Junhong shouting "week" repeatedly. He had began replacing babbling with real words and when Himchan was at home he would chase him around, video camera in hand to tape down every new word learnt. Junhong hated it though. The video camera was a burden. Yongguk sighed again. Himchan had been in the states for the past week and he wasn't coming back for another. His cousin needed help with wedding preparations and Himchan wasn't in the position to say no. He was good with planning . Yongguk volunteered to stay home for two weeks to take care of the kids because they predicted that they wouldn't be too good with planes. Junhong throws up sometimes when he takes the car for god's sake. Himchan agreed although that meant no family outing for the rest of the year because yongguk would have used up all his leave permits. But life was relatively fine for the first few days until yongguk realizes taking care of the squirming litter full time wasn't as easy as he thought. Plus he was missing his other half like crazy. 

 

It didn't really help that Himchan sounded like he was having a lot of fun from the alternate-day phone calls home. Yongguk didn't have a lot of time on the phone because Himchan insisted the phone be passed around to all his kids including Junhong who liked to chew on the receiver. So a week went by with yongguk feeling insecure as a puberty-hit teenager because what if Himchan's cousin has hot friends over there? What if Himchan never wants to come back? He mulled over this in his already tired brain as he sat crossed legged on the floor to (sub-standardly) fold  the laundry. Daehyun and youngjae who had just started going to nursery classes were back and they were reading big picture books beside him. Well at least youngjae was. Daehyun was just turning his book upside down and right side up again, in an attempt to search for new, less boring perspectives. Jongup was in the room too, but he had wriggled to the far corner to color because apparently appa's sighing was blocking out his creativity. He did it conspicuously though, jongup was polite like that. Junhong was napping in the other room and yongguk should probably be waking him up by now because he's been sleeping for another extra hour. But yongguk didn't want to incur the wrath of his youngest.

 

"Appa? Why are you sighing?" daehyun finally said, eyes filled with curiosity at what thoughts could have possibly been plaguing his father's mind. "Ah... My babies..." Yongguk pulled his sons to sit on his lap before continuing, "Do you think appa is attractive?" yongguk asked rather purposefully. Daehyun looked at him like he was crazy. Because who are you and what have you done to appa? So he hums a reply, scrunches his nose disapprovingly and awkwardly goes off to join jongup in his quiet, productive corner. Youngjae continued sitting on yongguk's lap, shooting a pitying gaze into his appa's eyes as if he understood the whole thing. "Appa's attwactive!" Youngjae said softly, eyes curving into crescents. At his age, the "r"s and "w"s could be used interchangeably. As usual youngjae was the closest to good help he could find around here. Youngjae reached up to poke yongguk's cheek slightly before crawling off to the exclusive corner. The poking was how youngjae showed his affection. He did it to daddy too. Great, now his children have all left him to die. But playing war with them later and chasing them around the house did help him forget Himchan momentarily. Well, his shrieking children did deafen him, that made thinking a little hard. 

 

Days thudded by like an old, sick cow and it was finally the day of Himchan's flight back home. Yongguk rushed to scrub his kids clean from all the mud and dirt and whatever that might have accumulated over the past week because he wasn't really good with kid cleanliness. They moved too much and it was hard to clean them thoroughly without potentially hurting them. Besides they were going to get dirty a little while later in the sand pits or the field near their house. Sure he let them eat a little more ice cream than they should, resulting in jongup's little tummy ache scare. Sure he dangled daehyun by his legs upon request, which Himchan would never approve of. But everyone was alive and well, so yongguk thought he did a pretty good job. He made a mental note to ask Himchan for his reward in love when he returns. Bathing them took a little longer than expected so yongguk made them line up regimental style, wrapped in fluffy towels to give them instructions. 

 

"Ok... We're running late and you all know how daddy is with lateness... So appa needs you pick your own clothes okay?" 

 

After drying them off, yongguk ran with a clean and happy Junhong in his arms towards the children's room. Daehyun was already dressed in- yongguk wasn't really sure what but well, it looked alright to him. Jongup, who was dressed with daehyun's help, went over to where yongguk was trying to get Junhong dressed in a onesie. "Appa no..." jongup tugged at yongguk's pant leg, "This one!" Jongup held up another onesie. 

 

Yongguk was pretty sure that dinosaur onesie wasn't meant to be worn outside the house because it literally came with dinosaur head as a hood and a hugeass tail. Plus it was a little baggy. But oh well, Junhong looked cute in it and Himchan liked cute things. Besides it made jongup very, very happy. He didn't have time to really check on their outfits anyway so he quickly ushered them all in his seven-seated and drove towards the airport. 

 

They were at the airport and the kids were fascinated with the glass and the lights and the squeaky floors, so much so that they kind of forgot about daddy. Only Junhong remembered as he repeated "Daddy" and "Where?" over and over again. While trying to walk around as fast as he could, with yongguk's help of course, his shoes making little squeaking noises as they went along. Junhong had started to walk almost as quickly as Jongup did. 

 

They were soon gathered near the arrival area, daehyun on yongguk's shoulders, jongup's hand in his and youngjae's in his other. Jongup was clinging onto Junhong's  tail because he loved his little brother that much more when he was in his dinosaur outfit. When yongguk saw Himchan approaching his heart beat obscenely fast. It was like meeting him for the first time all over again when yongguk was an awkward teenager. Well he still is awkward though. "Daddy!" at this stage, Junhong was bouncing up and down and the other kids ran up to hug Himchan.

 

"My babies! Daddy missed you so much! Did you miss daddy? I promise to never leave my babies again okay?" Himchan was pretty much close to tears as he hugged and kissed his children like he had just seen them after years of separation. And then-

 

"Oh dear lord... Babies what are you wearing?" 

 

 

Himchan looked at his children one by one, taking in the bad clash of colors and prints. Misfitting clothes and hair sticking out at random places. To Himchan it was a sin to let his kids be seen like this. 

 

"Oh my... Junhonggie..." 

 

Himchan didn't know whether to be flustered or to laugh because after all Junhong was cute with the hood pulled over his head and all. "Junhonggie dinosaur, daddy!" jongup said, jumping up and down excitedly. "Yes I can see that very well sweetie..." Himchan chuckled and pinched jongup's cheeks.

 

Himchan glanced over to yongguk who still didn't really know what to say. "They picked out their own clothes it's not my fault..." Yongguk mumbled. Yongguk honestly thought it wasn't that bad considering how Himchan put a large, red, obnoxious-looking ribbon on youngjae's head when he had to go abroad for work issues. He remembered arriving at the airport to a rather grumpy looking youngjae with that bow on his head. Himchan had insisted he looked pretty. Yongguk was sure that would hurt youngjae's self-esteem in one way or another. "Although you're perfectly incapable of dressing the kids, bang yongguk, I'd say you did a great job..." Himchan gave yongguk a kind smile as he stepped closer to him. Yongguk wrapped his arms around himchan's waist and pulled him into an embrace. "So where's my reward? After two weeks of seemingly not missing me..." yongguk rubbed absentminded circles into himchan's back. "Why on earth would you say that bbang? Why would I not miss you the most? I almost died missing you too much. I will never! Ever! Go on a trip without you again! And as for your reward... Maybe later..." Himchan gave yongguk a quick peck on his lips before scooping his little dinosaur son in his arms. Yongguk set the others on the luggage cart and pretended that it was a race car, whooshing the children along. 

 

He was happy Himchan made that promise. Meaning he wouldn't have to survive weeks of himchan-less induced loneliness and he probably won't have to show off his kids' airport fashion again. Well, at least not without Himchan around to fix things.

 


 

b"d more baby!bap for everyone! I'm getting down to writing some of the requests! Next one will definitely be a requested fic! thanks so much for subscribing and reading and leaving me nice comments<3