Drunk

BAP gumdrops; drabble-shots

 

The phone rang incessantly by his ear and Yongguk jumped from his sleep. He didn't have to check to know who it was.

 

 

"Hello? Himchan-ah?" 

 

 

Yongguk slurred, rubbing his eyes. He must have fallen asleep waiting for Himchan. 

 

 

"Heh... HELLOOOOOOOOO!" 

 

 

Yongguk shouted a quick "ouch" before putting some distance between his abused ear and the phone. Damn it Himchan was-

 

 

"Kim himchan! Are you drunk?" 

 

 

"W-what! NO! WHO IS? I- Hello? Yongguk hyung? Yes... Uhm... This is Youngjae. Himchan hyung is dead drunk. He wants you to come get him..." 

 

 

Yongguk groaned and picked up his car keys before he stumbled out the door, feeling a little drunk on sleep himself. The drive there was mostly occupied by thoughts of how to deal with Himchan later. A drunk Himchan is a difficult Himchan, Yongguk would always say and the worst part of it all is that Himchan conveniently forgets the day after. 

 

 

When he reached the club, he didn't need to look long before he found Himchan. He was stumbling to stand upright, one hand slumped over a tired-looking Youngjae. Yongguk shook his head. Who the hell drunk that much at a company party? Then again, Himchan was never good at holding his liquor. 

 

 

"Yongguk hyung? Sorry... I tried to tell him not to drink... But he insisted..."

 

 

"It's ok Youngjae-ah... What was it this time?"

 

 

"Jaegerbombs..." Youngjae paused to sigh, "6 of them..."

 

 

--

 

 

"Six Jaegerbombs... Really Himchan? Really?" 

 

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes at Himchan who was giggling non-stop in the passanger seat. Realistically speaking, Himchan wouldn't even be able to handle one, let alone six. 

 

 

"YOU ARE THE BOMB!" 

 

 

Himchan shouted, giggling and prodding Yongguk's face with a finger. Yongguk sighed. All this shouting sure was giving him a headache. Himchan did awful aegyo for no reason when he was drunk and now he was taking keen interest in the seat belt.

 

 

"Gukkie when did you (hiccup) buy this thing! Wow! You're (hiccup) amazing! I love it! H-how did you know?" 

 

 

Yongguk assumed Himchan was talking about the seatbelt but then again it could be anything. 

 

 

"Anything for you, babe..."

 

 

Yongguk replied with an amused chuckle. If there was one thing he learnt from Himchan getting drunk at every Christmas party they had, it was that not playing along with him was dangerous. Himchan giggled more before slurring what sounded like "I knew you could be romantic", which thoroughly offended yongguk because, seriously? He was the most romantic man he knew.

 

 

"Who's that ?" 

 

 

Himchan snapped, and Yongguk whipped his head towards Himchan's direction. What?

 

 

"WHICH HAVE YOU BEEN SEING BEHIND MY BACK?" 

 

 

Himchan got a lot more articulate when he shouted. 

 

 

"What ? What? What're you talking about, Chan-ah?"

 

 

At this point Yongguk was getting worked up too. Yongguk could swear upon his life and all the ramen in the world that he, Bang Yongguk, has never and would never cheat. But drunk Himchan thought otherwise. 

 

 

"Smells like Chanel... Number... Something..." 

 

 

Himchan sniffed at the seatbelt, frown playing on his forehead.

 

 

"Himchan! It's your damned cologne! Private collection Ylang Ylang whatever..." 

 

 

"Ohhhhhh~" More giggles errupted from Himchan's belly. Ohhhhh~ I see.

 

 

"YONGGUKKIE!" 

 

 

Himchan shrieked once more, this time using both hands to cover his boyfriend's eyes. 

 

 

"!"

 

 

Yongguk rarely swore, but seeing he nearly swerved into the mini van in front of him, this could well be an exception. 

 

 

"HIMCHAN! Don't ever do that again! You nearly got us killed!"

 

 

Yongguk wanted to retract that sentence as soon as it left his mouth because, simply because Himchan was sensitive (very sensitive, mind you) when he was drunk. Sure enough, Yongguk heard sniffling. The unmistakable sound started filling the small room available in the car.

 

 

"Himchan why are you crying?"

 

 

Yongguk sighed, placing a comforting hand on Himchan's thigh.

 

 

"M-Mookie's angry... He hates Himchannie!" 

 

 

Himchan managed to choke out. Yes, Yongguk was "Mookie" sometimes when Himchan was drunk. To be honest, Yongguk had no clue what a "Mookie" was. He assumed Himchan's tongue got too lazy to pronounce the "g" in his name. Yongguk sighed, pressing a quick kiss on where he assumed was Himchan's cheek, his eyes not leaving the road.

 

 

"No... Mookie loves Channie, alright... Just stop crying... Please?" 

 

 

At this point in time, Yongguk wondered if they could get home safely without potentially getting killed by Himchan. But all seemed quiet and well. Too quiet and well for Yongguk's liking. Thankfully the light turned red and he pulled up, checking for signs of life from the man beside him. To his relief, he found Himchan prodding and rubbing at his stomach in strange wonderment. 

 

 

"Yeobo, what are you doing?"

 

 

"Mookie? I want a baby... (hiccup)... Let's make a baby..."

 

 

Yongguk laughed, his hand squeezing Himchan's tightly, "You're a boy, Himchan..."  

 

 

"Oh... Right..." Himchan looked crestfallen, his hand stilled against his stomach.

 

 

"But we can always adopt..." Yongguk smiled gently.

 

 

"That's good... That's very good, gukkie... Let's get a baby..." 

 

 

With that, Himchan drifted off to sleep. Yongguk smiled to himself, heart fluttering, quiet chuckles slipping past his lips. He hoped Himchan wouldn't forget what he said the next day. 

 

 


A quick, mindless, not so short drabble coz Himchan got an instagram^^

Oh... and hello new subscribers! Thanks so much for subscribing!