Time

BAP gumdrops; drabble-shots
They were walking by the sidewalk, time lacked absolution as Daehyun kicked a gravel along the textured road, hands in his pockets, eyes sneaking glances Youngjae's way. Youngjae was beautiful. He had noticed since the day they first met. It was been a little over 10 years and Daehyun still hadn't admitted it to him. Then again, time was relative.
 
 
Daehyun thinks they could be 21 instead of 18. And he would've confessed by then. He is sneaking into youngjae's room in the dead of night and getting under his sheets. Youngjae smiles and snuggles into his side. Their parents don't know yet. They are each others' secrets.
 
 
They are 23. The world got a lot scarier. There are times in which they fight, times in which they hurt each other. But they learn that their love is stronger than they think.
 
 
They are 25 and somehow things worked out. It's New Year's Eve. Daehyun presses a kiss to Youngjae's lips at exactly 12am after his fifth shot soju. He asks for his forever and slips a silver band on his fourth finger. Time doesn't matter anymore. Daehyun now has his infinity.
 
 
They are 28 or 30. Whenever they are ready. Daehyun comes home to the little pitter-patter of feet running up to the door. Daehyun lifts his son in the air, smiling as Youngjae steps away from the mess of lego bricks, abandons his half formed creation of an aircraft carrier and walks over to join them. He kisses Youngjae on the cheek and asks him how his day went. Later in the night their son sleeps sandwiched between them. He is afraid of the dark, just as Daehyun was when he was young. 
 
 
They are 35. Their tenth year anniversary comes with the new year. They leave their son with their parents and escape for a night. Youngjae drags Daehyun into his favourite bistro and they fall in love with each other again. Just as they do everyday.
 
 
They are 50. Their son is all grown up, he's married now. Youngjae and Daehyun give one another pats on their backs because they did a great job. They think about a time when time did matter, but now it seems insignificant; minute against the backdrop of forever. Time is relative when Daehyun presses a chaste kiss on Youngjae's forehead like they are young and careless again.
 
 
But 30 years later they are old. Spending their final days together. Daehyun can truly say that he has loved Youngjae and only him till the day they are buried. They are holding hands, just like the day they did when Daehyun picked up all the courage he had. The day they were walking by the sidewalk, textured road beneath their soles, hands in their pockets, best friend silence between them.
 
 
"Dae?"
 
 
Youngjae asked, head cocked to the side, big eyes peeking curiously past the older boy's bangs. Hmm?
 
 
"You were zoning out... Again... What were you thinking about?"
 
 
Daehyun stopped to think for a moment. And in that moment he thought maybe, just maybe now would be a good time. After all, time was relative.
 
 
"I was thinking... If I would have your hand in mine when walking along this path a few years from now..."
 
 
Youngjae stopped in his tracks and Daehyun's blood froze. Youngjae was going to walk away and never come back. But maybe, just maybe Youngjae thought that time was relative too. A few years- an hour- a few seconds. That didn't really matter, not when you had already been waiting a little over ten years.
 
 
So Youngjae took Daehyun's hand in his and gave him a smile that could only be Daehyun's forever.

 


wrote this for TBB lightning round on LJ, now it's here^^