Chapter 4

Switched

2019

He stared at the bed, bewildered. It was quite small for two people, and there was a wedding portrait hanging awkwardly on one side. Sulli entered the room behind him and dropped his bag on the floor.
 
"You should get some sleep. You look terrible."
 
Kyuhyun tilted his head slightly at Sulli.
 
"Here?"
 
Sulli blinked at him, wondering why he asked such an absurd question.
 
"Yeah...?"
 
"Oh. Okay," Kyuhyun trailed off, and cautiously sat on the bed as if a bomb beneath the fresh-scented covers was going to denote any moment.
 
"Let me know if you need anything." Sulli said before exiting the room, leaving Kyuhyun alone in the quiet room. An air conditioner hummed softly in the background.
 
He lowered himself on the bed slowly, grunting as he made himself comfortable on the cotton sheets.
 
He still felt uncomfortable. Weird.
 
The bed was too big. Bigger than his old bed, that is.
 
He closed his eyes and breathed deeply.
 
Even the room smells weird. He was used to the scent of Sungmin's colonge and their wine, not the sickly citrus smell of this room.
 
For a moment, he missed his old life. But that thought faded away when he remembered his peculiar dream.
 
Oh well. I shouldn't think about this. I should think about how to go back to my body.
 
He sat up on the bed and prayed hard for everything to go right. Prayed that he was wrong and wanted to become normal again. After praying for a few hours continuously, he still couldn't see anything happening. So he decided to sleep.
 
When he woke up, he yelled, tumbling away from the bed and onto the floor. His heart was beating erratically, and he felt as if he was going to have a heart attack soon. As soon as he regained his bearing on the floor, a red hot blush floods over his cheeks.
 
It was too close for his comfort. 
 
He sighed and glanced over at the bed, before walking out into the living room to sleep on the couch. 
 
The next morning, someone poked at Kyuhyun.
 
"Mmm."
 
The person prodded harder.
 
"Yah, stop."
 
"Appa, wake up."
 
"Quiet," Kyuhyun groaned.
 
"Umma! Appa doesn't want to wake up!"
 
"Aigo. Dae-ah, can you wear your socks and shoes first? I will bring you to the school bus stop."
 
"Okay~!"
 
"Kyuhyun-ah, wake up. You're going to be late for work."
 
"I've got no schedules in the morning...."
 
"Kyuhyun, what are you talking about? Hurry hurry. I'm bringing Myungdae out to the school bus, breakfast is on the table."
 
Kyuhyun grunted in response, and Sulli shaked her head at her drooling husband.
 
"He must be dreaming something good." she thought to herself, shaking her head once more.
 
Sulli shut the door behind her, leaving the house empty. Kyuhyun snorted in his sleep, and started snoring. He shifted, but he forgot that the couch didn't have that much space.
 
"Ah-f!" 
 
The half asleep Kyuhyun groaned, rubbing his bruising hip. He glanced around, eyes squinting at his surroundings. Then he sighed, rubbing his eyes awake. He fumbled for his spectacles and put them on. 
 
He was still stuck in the same old body.
 
Why? Why me? God, what have I done wrong to deserve this?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2009
 
The manager woke everyone up at 4 in the morning, despite the fact that Kyuhyun still needed time to recover and didn't have to go for any schedules until the following week. He told everyone to follow their schedules as usual, but there has been some adjustments so that there would be at least one person around with Kyuhyun. After the meeting, some crawled back to sleep, while others started to prepare for their schedules that would start at 5. Kyuhyun was one of those who crawled back to their bed. When he woke up, he almost fell out of bed, if not for the wall blocking his tumble. 
 
"H-Hangeng?"
 
The man snorted. "Yah, Hangeng is not someone you can call so informally. And I'm not Hangeng."
 
Kyuhyun scrunched up his face in thought. "...then who are you?"
 
The man widened his eyes disbelievingly. "You don't know who I am? Me? The mighty Kim Heechul? Huh?!"
 
Kyuhyun flinched. "Sorry, Heechul-sunbae."
 
Heechul snorted again. "Better not forget," he pointed at his face, "This face."
 
Kyuhyun bowed his head. "Yes, Heechul-sunbae," Kyuhyun silently cursed his brain for being so forgetful.
 
"Oh, and---" Heechul paused, thinking, "---clean up and finish your breakfast quickly. I'm going to reteach you some important dance moves."
 
Kyuhyun buried his head into his pillow, sighing audibly. He tried to shake away his lingering drowsiness, but failed expectedly. He was never a morning person.
 
"Hurry up, you lazy !"
 
Kyuhyun hurriedly straightened. "Yes," he called back, jumping out of his bed.
 
He went into the bathroom to wash up, but since he didn't know which toothbrush to use, he randomly picked one. He was about to put the toothpaste when a shout sent him jumping out of his skin.
 
"Why are using Hannie's toothbrush, you disgusting ert?!"
 
The toothbrush and toothpaste clattered to the floor as Kyuhyun turned to face a furious Heechul at the bathroom door.
 
"I-I didn't know! S-sorry, Heechul-sunbae."
 
The elder male narrowed his eyes at Kyuhyun.
 
"Aish, has that boy grown idiotic overnight," he hissed as he turned away from the bathroom to stalk away.
 
Another voice, a kindly voice spoke. Kyuhyun perked up his ears as he picked up the dropped items from the floor.
 
"Heechul-ah, don't be so hard on Kyuhyun. He's still adjusting."
 
The reply was a scoff.
 
Kyuhyun pursed his lips. He had to get used to this.
 
"Uhm... Leeteuk-sunbae? Can you tell me which toothbrush is mine?"
 
The blond male gave a dimpled smile. "Sure," he said as he made his way to Kyuhyun.
 
Leeteuk stared at the rainbow coloured array of toothbrush, trying to recall who used which toothbrush.
 
"Pink is for Sungmin, definitely," he pointed at the pink toothbrush.
 
"Blue is for... Siwon? Wait, or is it Kangin?"
 
Kyuhyun tried not to giggle at Leeteuk's confused expression. Leeteuk blinked for a few seconds, and looked at Kyuhyun sheepishly.
 
"I'll call the members, get back to you later."
 
"Leeteuk-sunbae! It's okay," he called but Leeteuk had already disappeared.
 
He sighed, wondering how he could possibly get used to this.
 
 
 
 
Several minutes later, to Heechul's frustration, Kyuhyun finally got to brush his teeth and get ready for the dance practice. Leeteuk was joining as well, having no schedule for the morning.
 
Heechul made Kyuhyun warm up and let him free-style to a random song, which Kyuhyun just stoned on the floor, blinking in confusion at the stereo. After 10 seconds, Heechul sighed and turned off the music. He wanted Kyuhyun to just remember everything again; teaching almost 3 years of dancing to someone wasn't exactly an enjoyable job.
 
Kyuhyun felt hungry after a few minutes of practice, and felt like saying so until seeing Heechul's face. He pursed his lips, and ignored the growling ache in his stomach.
 
Leeteuk left for a moment, and came back with three bottles of water.
 
"Leeteuk-sunbae, is there any food that I can eat now?"
 
Leeteuk opened his mouth to say reply, but Heechul beat him to it.
 
"You can only eat at 12pm for lunch. There's still about 2 hours."
 
Kyuhyun was about to reply when his stomach roared embarrassingly loudly. He blushed, covering his stomach as if it was going to hide the fact that his stomach growled.
 
Leeteuk chuckled, and walked over to put his hand on Kyuhyun's shoulder.
 
"Let's take a break."
 
Heechul stared wide-eyed at the duo that was heading for the kitchen, shaking his head while sighing. He uncapped his water bottle and drank from it, before laying down on the floor. He closed his eyes for a moment, and imagined Hangeng beside him, saying dorky chinese jokes that he doesn't even understand but he would laugh anyway just because Hangeng is. Then Heechul would teach him more Korean vulgarities and make Hangeng say it to the members and laugh while watching Hangeng say those words with his innocent face. Poor Hangeng was always made fun off due to his apparent "innocence" when it came to Hangul, but Heechul always liked him that way, and Hangeng didn't exactly mind.
 
Meanwhile, Kyuhyun wolfed down the jam sandwich Leeteuk had made for him, grinning gratefully as he chewed.
 
"Fhanks, Leehheuk-ffunbae! You're fha beshh!"
 
Leeteuk nodded with a smile, and went back to see Heechul lying down on the floor, lost in his own world.
 
"Heechul-ah," Leeteuk called, while poking Heechul's side with his feet.
 
Heechul remained still, still absorbed in his thoughts. Leeteuk sighed and called Kyuhyun over. " We'll practice on our own. Heechul is spacing out again."
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
Ok... before you hit me for the lack of updates and KyuLi scenes... I was having this... RANDOM hanchul feels while writing this. Idek.
So I just had to put it in.
Oh and I'm not korean so I know nothing about Honorifics. I tried my best though. 
And for my lack of updates.. I'M REALLY SORRY. It's pretty much my fault. I got writer's block for a bit, and you can see my update is... bleh.
So so so sorry.
I'll try to update by the weekend with KyuLi scenes!
And if you're confused about anything, just ask. I don't bite. Haha