Chapter 1

Switched

 

A/N: Idk why, but I LOVE THIS PICTURE. (Yea I edited it and I know my editing . This picture is from SPAO.)
 
 
2019
 
After shutting down his computer, Kyuhyun heaved a sigh of relief and frustration. The project he had been working on was finally finished, yet he was apprehensive of his boss's review on his work. Moreover, he felt daunted by the fact that he was going home. He was looking forward to resting and playing his Wii, but with his wife around, it was almost impossible.
 
Truth to be told, he regretted committing himself to a marriage. It was tiring to bring home the bread everyday while his wife spent time with his son, Myungdae. Myungdae only calls his "appa", but neither do Kyuhyun nor Myungdae feel any father-son bond forming anytime soon. Ever since the entry of Myungdae into their short-term blissful marriage life, Kyuhyun had to work hard for a promotion to afford the diapers, bottles, baby cot etc. The cost of living in Seoul was ever-rising, and his non-rising pay wasn't helping at all. His wife wanted to have at least one parent to bring the child up, so she quit her job as a science teacher in elementary school. She could interact with children better than Kyuhyun anyway, so Kyuhyun just let her be responsible  for Myungdae. In his never-enough time, he barely spared a thought for his family, and whenever he had time to think, there were a lot of "what-ifs" he would wonder about.
 
Like what if he had pursued his dream of being a singer? What if he hadn't met Sulli? What if, he hadn't proposed to Sulli?
 
He would sigh, like always, as he imagined himself singing on stage, embracing the audience with his velvety voice. Perhaps he could have captured thousands of fangirls' heart, instead of only Sulli's.
 
Having nearing 30, his dream was close to impossible. Popular singers were young and energetic enough to belt out heart-pumping, blood-racing songs that the teenagers so loved. His voice could not give out the same energy, and the only genre he is good at was ballad. He loved ballads. Sulli fell in love with the "ballad voice" of his. Now he wished he hadn't confessed to her with a ballad song. Maybe he should have used that ballad song for an audition. 
 
His phone buzzed in his pocket and he fished it out. With a glance at the caller ID, he sighed. 
 
"Yeobseyo," he answered tiredly.
 
"Kyu-ah, can you pick up Myungdae from my mother's place? And while you are on the way, please grab some milk and bread. Oh, and your suit is ready from the dry-cleaners. Pick it up, will you?"
 
He sighed. "Okay."
 
There was a pause. Then she asked, "Are you okay?"
 
No. "I'm fine."
 
"Come home early, Kyu. You sound tired."
 
Of course I am. "Yeah, sure." Only if you stop telling me to do things then I can come home early, stupid.
 
"Love you." 
 
Kyuhyun hung up without replying and headed for his car.
 
Twenty minutes after picking up Myungdae, they got stuck in a traffic jam.
 
"What the ." Kyuhyun muttered as they pulled to a stop in front of the tail of the headless line of red lights. Myungdae paled beside Kyuhyun, clutching his pants nervously. 
 
"A-appa. I have to pee."
 
"What? Why didn't you go at your grandmother's house?"
 
"I-I didn't feel like p-peeing then."
 
With a frustrated sigh, Kyuhyun ran his fingers through his hair. "Can you wait?"
 
Myungdae slowly shook his head. 
 
Kyuhyun whacked the steering wheel, making Myungdae jump at his sudden violent outburst, and with a whimper, he emptied his bladder. Kyuhyun saw the growing darkness on his son's pants and the car's seat. The fire in his heart flared.
 
"Why must you and your mother do this to me? Do you know both of you are making my life miserable? IF I hadn't met your mother, I wouldn't have been so troubled! I could have played all the games I wanted, and all the things I wanted to do! Do you know how much money I spent on you? And how much cleaning YOUR stupid mess from MY car seat will cost? WHAT did I do to deserve this? I shouldn't have married your mother, and I shouldn't have had you in my life. You're nothing more than a ball of cells that grew. " Myungdae cowered his now-wet seat as Kyuhyun shouted at poor Myungdae. Then in his blind fury, Kyuhyun added, "I WISH you have never been born, and that I NEVER met or married your mother. Both of you never existed in my life. NEVER."
Myungdae started to cry, but Kyuhyun ignored him. He had meant every word he said.
 
Myungdae and Kyuhyun kept silent throughout the car ride. Kyuhyun dropped Myungdae back home to sent his car for clean up. Irritated by the stench of urine, Kyuhyun sped up and crossed the intersection as it turned red. Suddenly, a black car appeared in front of him. The car is speeding. Before any of the drivers could brake their cars, the cars collided. While his car flipped over, Kyuhyun's air bag opened and threw Kyuhyun's head back, almost snapping his neck. The windscreen shattered and cut his arms and face. His eyes are rolled back and as his vision turns black, he sees people coming near the car to investigate. Then he blacks out, with regrets cut deep in his bones. But what happened next to him, was the most unexpected thing that could happen to him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2009
 
"Kyuhyun-ah."
 
Kyuhyun hugged his pillow closer to him, ignoring the voice that was obvoiusly trying to wake him up.
 
"Kyuhyun."
 
Kyuhyun smashed his pillow over his ears.
 
"CHO KYUHYUN. GET YOUR LAZY OFF THE BED. You have a schedule in 30 minutes."
 
With this, he jots up and starts sweating like mad. 
 
"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" 
 
"I DID! I DID SO 2 HOURS AGO AND YOU TOLD ME TO FRICKING GO AWAY." 
 
"YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID I HAD A SCHEDULE! OF COURSE I WOULDN'T WAKE UP YOU-"
 
"Guys, stop bickering." A blond-haired man peeked around the door with a frown on his face.
 
"Jungsu, he started it!"
 
"Sungmin," Jungsu sighed. "Go do your things. I'll help Kyuhyun prepare his things."
 
Sungmin stomped out of the room angrily, obviously pissed at someone. Jungsu stared at Kyuhyun as he flew up of his bed clothes and hurried himself into the suit he was wearing for his scheduled show.
 
"Is there anything wrong, Kyuhyun?" Jungsu asked worriedly.
 
"No nothing." Kyuhyun muttered.
 
Jungsu grabbed Kyuhyun's arm and sat him down on the bed, much to Kyuhyun's irritation.
 
"Kyuhyun. There is something wrong. I know it's been bothering you for quite a while now, right?"
 
"Hyung, I'm fine." Kyuhyun grits out.
 
"Kyuhyun, look at me. Please. I can drive you to the show later."
 
Kyuhyun sighs and run his fingers through his hair. "Okay, what?"
 
"Are you tired?"
 
"What? Of course I'm tired. Sungmin woke me up suddenly one minute ago to tell me I have a sched-"
 
Jungsu shook his head. "No, I don't mean that kind of physical tiredness. I mean the mental kind of tired. Are you tired of being an idol?"
 
"No,"
 
"Don't lie. You hate being exposed to paparazzi, aren't you?" Kyuhyun remained quiet, and Jungsu continues. "You don't like letting people know what you do, and most definitely, the girl you date. It's about the scandal, right?"
 
Kyuhyun reluctantly nodded. Jungsu patted Kyuhyun on his shoulder and sighed. "Kyuhyun, you should have thought of that before you accepted the chance to be an idol. An idol lives a life like this. We can't do anything about it. This is our life. Until the day we die- we'll be tracked and followed."
 
"She had to suffer the wrath of everyone because of me. Now she has so many anti-fans. I caused her so much harm." Kyuhyun whimpered guiltly, and started to tear. He blamed himself for not keeping their relationship a secret secretive enough and causing the backlash of the stupid scandal.
 
"Kyuhyun-"
 
"I'm going on my own. Thanks for your offer to drive me, but I need some quiet time to think on my own."
 
Jungsu stared at Kyuhyun's back, shaking his head at the younger man.
 
Kyuhyun slammed his car door and started his car. He wished he wasn't an idol. No paparazzi, no crazy fans that would hate on the girl he dates. He wanted a quiet and normal life, not the never-ending schedules he faced almost everyday.
 
He checked his phone.
 
11:08am.
 
He drove out of the parking lot and started for his destination. The studio crew called him as he drove. He was irritated at their incessant reminder to turn up on time. Time time time. Everything was always about time. He was sick of it. He wanted time to slow down.
 
He sped up at a intersection, wanting to beat the red light. But he notice that the traffic light had turned red. A grey car suddenly appeared from a mirage-like sheet from the same road in front of him. His heart jumped to his mouth he tried to swerve from the car. But it was too late. The two cars crashed, and he hit the windscreen. Just before he out, a small smile appeared on his face.
 
 
-----
A/N:
This is the beginning of the Switch. Yes, so when they out, their souls sort of switched. The thing is, they're both the same, yet different person. They wish to have a life that the opposite wants, and fate sort of grants them their wish.
If you're confused by the two "Kyuhyun"s, I'll try to clear this up. 
This story, is bascially set on the idea of parallel universe.
OTL. If it's still too confusing, then I'm sorry.
But anyway. The car accident is where NormalKyuhyun meets IdolKyuhyun, so basically they get switched.
Sulli is gonna appear next chapter!