Chapter 2

Switched

2019

Kyuhyun couldn't believe that this was happening. He expected to die from that rough collision, but here he was, staring at his labelmate, Sulli.
 
He had expected to see her, he could at least know she still cared for him. Despite his mistake. But instead, Sulli was beside him, taking his hands into her, with a bright smile.
 
"Are you feeling alright?" Sulli asked as she his hand. Suprised, Kyuhyun withdrew his hand from her soft grasp. "I'm fine. Where're my hyungs?"
 
Sulli scrunched her brows together. "Who are you talking about? Hyungs?"
 
"You know---" he said frustratedly. "Sungmin, Leeteuk, Shindong. All of them."
 
"Who's that?" she repeated, looking even more confused.
 
"What happened?" he thought as he stared at Sulli. "Maybe it's just a dream. "
 
He shook his head at Sulli. "Never mind. You should go back to the dorm to sleep, Sulli."
 
"What's wrong with you, Kyu? We have a house, why should I go to some dorm? And you never called me Sulli ever since we started dating."
 
"What? Holy shisus, I'm dating her?! Wasn't she dating Minho? Was she acting psycho now? Or is she secretly in love with me?" Kyuhyun thought frantically as he observed Sulli. "But... It doesn't seem like a half-bad idea." he muttered thoughtfully as he observed her matured curves with a slight smirk.
 
"What are you muttering about under your breath?"
 
"Nothing nothing." Kyuhyun huffed, a light blush flushing his pale cheeks. "You like me? But you don't mind my scandal?"
 
Sulli was frowning deeply now. "What scandal?" she whispered softly. "You're cheating on me?"
 
"What? Cheating on you? What a ridiculous---"
 
The hospital door opened and a doctor stepped in.
 
"Mrs Cho? Are you looking for me?"
 
"Yes, he's awake." Sulli said politely with a bow, and shot him a look filled with hurt and disappointment that twisted his stomach-the same feeling he had when he saw her getting verbally bashed by antis.
 
Kyuhyun blinked at her retreating back and suddenly, he remembered how the doctor addressed Sulli.
 
"Mrs Cho... Holy shisus."
 

He was old. OLD. The doctor said he was 29. That's almost ten years of difference. Ten years.

 
Was he looking into the future? But--- no, it can't be. Sulli doesn't know what f(x) is; well, technically she did, but she thought he was talking about a math expression. So, what the hell was going on? All he knew that he wasn't him. That's why she misunderstood that his 'scandal' meant that the other him was cheating on him. It was too complicated to even think about.
 
"There's nothing wrong with your brain. You might experience dizziness and headaches, but it's just because of some superficial injury to your brain. Rest for a few minutes when you experience this. Anyway, you're lucky to have survived that crash. It was crazy. Everyone thought you'd be dead." the doctor interlocked her fingers in a business-like manner as she looked at Kyuhyun.
 
"Is it possible that... I have lost some memory? Or that my memory has been altered or something?" Kyuhyun asked.
 
The doctor pondered over this and shrugged. "Doctors have no answer for this. But it isn't impossible, so I suggest you relearn things if you think you have lost memory of that. But at least you know your name and who you are, so I think there is not much of a problem."
 
"Okay. Thank you, doctor." Kyuhyun stood up and bowed. She bowed slightly in return and walked him to the door of her office. 
 
"Oh, doctor?" Kyuhyun asked abruptly as he reaches the door. "Do you know... Super junior?"
 
The doctor raised her eyebrow quizzically at Kyuhyun, and echoed, "Super... Junior?"
 
Kyuhyun nodded, with his fingers crossed behind his back.
 
"Eh, I've only heard of Superman, but no Super junior. You know, the muscular American with the cape and the outrageously red underwear."
 
Kyuhyun couldn't stop a smile from forming. "Bye," he said to the doctor.
 
She gave him a nod as Sulli got up from her seat outside. "Take care." the doctor said.
 
Kyuhyun walked away, and didn't notice Sulli walking silently beside him. When she spoke, he almost jumped out of his skin, having forgotten about her.
 
"What did the doctor say?"
 
"Huh? Oh..um---" he sighed, trying to calm himself from the fright. "She said I was fine, apart from some mild discomfort I would experience."
 
Sulli took hold of his wrist abruptly, turning him to face her directly, which freaked Kyuhyun out again. But her hold was firm, and he couldn't bring himself to break her hand away from his wrist. The look in her eyes---
 
"Kyuhyun," Sulli started to tear up, making his heart twist madly. "I d-don't know what---why--- you have another woman. But I can take it, though it would hurt a lot. Just remember me and Myungdae, arraseo? Please remember your family. That's all I ask from you. Please. Think of Myungdae, will you? Promise me. All those words you've said--- I know you're tired of this life, but just hold on until Myungdae grows up, please?"
 
Helplessly, Kyuhyun watched her tears make their way down her rosy cheeks, and slide to her chin in big droplets. Her sobs--- it was to heart-wenching to hear them. He carefully raised a hesitant finger to touch those tears, and stop their endless flow, but he felt that there was a line he could not cross. Whoever Sulli's husband is, he was not him. They shared the same identity, and perhaps the same appearance. But that Kyuhyun was not him. And Myungdae--- he assumed Myungdae is their son--- is not his. He can't reassure her that. If he did, and everything went back to normal, Sulli's husband would not know about that promise. Even he was unrelated to Sulli, there was no way he was going to let Sulli cry over a jerk that looked like him if he didn't keep the promise Kyuhyun makes.
 
But he had to do something now. He let his fingers graze softly over her moist silky skin and over her stream of tears. "Don't cry," he whispered as he slowly pulled her into his arms, wrapping her in his safe arms. She let him do that, but she was still crying. 
 
"I promise I'll try." he said softly, breathing over her brown hair as he rested his chin on her head. He raised his left hand to her hair slowly, and repeated even more tenderly, "I promise I'll try."
 
Then he let her soak his hospital gown with her heart-aching tears. Then he slept later that night, her cries echoed hauntingly in his mind. He stayed awake, watching her sleep on the chair beside him. He got up and carried her to the bed, carefully tucking her under the blanket. He sat on the chair and slipped into an uneasy sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2009
 
"Wait wait wait," Kyuhyun creased his brows together, holding his hands in front of the group of chattering boys. A blond male shushed the men up, and they all quietened down.
 
"You're Leeteuk?" Kyuhyun asked, pointing at the blond male.
 
"Yes, but Jungsu is my real name." Leeteuk added, with a dimpled smile.
 
"Okay, Leeteuk-Jungsu. And you're..." Kyuhyun pointed at a brunette guy.
 
"I'm Donghae." the man grinned.
 
Another brunette man standing beside Donghae smacked his arm and hissed, "Yah!"
 
The blond man--- what's his name? Teuksu?- even scolded them, "What are you guys doing?"
 
"Wait wait wait, you're Donghae? I thought you're Hyuk-something?"
 
The man continued grinning mischievously. "No, I'm Donghae."
 
"Okay..." Kyuhyun replied, scratching his head at the wealth of name he had to cram into his head all of the sudden. The Donghae guy whispered something to the other brunette guy with the big eyes, and soon, the other man stared at Kyuhyun with a apprehensive smile.
 
"Hi, I'm Eunhyuk."
 
Kyuhyun repeated the name and smiled slightly back.
 
Some of the men smirked and giggled (yes, giggled), among themselves. Kyuhyun being the new clueless Kyuhyun, had no idea what they were capable of. He almost screamed when he witnessed the mass intrusion of the 13 men into his room. He wondered if it was humanly possible to know everyone's name in one go. So far he only could remember one person in the room and match his name to his face.
 
And that was his own.
 
The first man that he'd seen upon waking up was named Sung-something, and another scary-looking man was named Sung-something too. Or was it something-Sung?
 
Another man spoke up. "You know who I am?"
 
Kyuhyun scratched his head. "Erm... Ryeowook?"
 
The man burst out laughing. "Wookie?! Hahaha, I doubt I'll ever be as small as that guy!"
 
"Hey, who are you calling small?!" a high-pitched shriek sounded. Kyuhyun saw some scuffling take place and was immediately horrified. However, Teuksu calmly told them to chill. Huh. Maybe they were used to this.
 
"I'm Kangin," another man piped up, offering a small grin.
 
Kyuhyun nodded at him with a smile and echoed like a child. "Kang. In."
 
"I'm Yesung," the scary looking man said. "This is Sungmin." he pointed to the adorably-feminine-looking man beside him. The man beamed at Kyuhyun.
 
"Uh..." Kyuhyun frowned, glancing at the two man. "Yesung. Sungmin."
 
An even more feminine-looking man hooked his arm around another man, who looked really handsome. He almost misgave that the feminine-looking man was actually dressing up as a female, and the two were a couple, until the feminine-looking man opened his mouth to speak.
 
"This is Heechul. And this is my hubby, Hangeng. I know he's very handsome, but you can't have him, arraseo? Anyway, you have Sungmin."
 
Kyuhyun glanced worriedly at the scary-looking man.
 
"Arraseo..." Kyuhyun trailed off, feeling that the whole situation was simply too absurd for words.
 
"Kibum." another handsome man introduced himself. Kyuhyun nodded and processed yet another name into his already-overloaded mind.
 
Teuksu nudged a awkward-looking boy and a extremely tall man beside him. "Aren't you going to introduce yourself?"
 
"We aren't part of you guys---" The boy said, but Teuksu cut him off.
 
"Nonsense! You're very much part of us. Go on, introduce yourself."
 
The boy huffed uncertainly and awkwardly gave a bow to Kyuhyun. "Hello---" The boy said in English, causing Kyuhyun to frown quizzically. The boy then flushed. "Sorry, I mean, Hello, I'm Henry." he said in korean. Kyuhyun smiled and nodded at Henry. Somehow it was easy to remember that name and he could place name to a boyish face.
 
"Hello, this is Zhoumi." the tall man grinned at Kyuhyun.
 
"Hello," Kyuhyun replied with a smile.
 
"So, that's about it. Anyway, Henry," Teuksu pointed to Henry. "Is the youngest. That's Shindong," he pointed to the chuckling man and the fuming smaller man. "And Ryeowook. Eunhyuk is---"
 
"Hyung, don't!" Donghae yelled. The others started smirking and snickering. 
 
Teuksu sighed. "You guys are so immature... Don't carry your joke too far. Anyway, Siwon said he is filming, so he can't come over."
 
Kyuhyun's eyes bulged. "You mean there's more people?"
 
Teuksu chuckled, "It's only Siwon. No one else."
 
"Oh..." Kyuhyun replied, looking thoughtfully at the men in the room. "So we're called... Super... junior...?"
 
"We are Super Junior-oyeo!" They said in unison to Kyuhyun, stretching their right arms with palms open. Kyuhyun tilted his head bemusedly at them.
 
Heechul piped up, "This is soooo weird."
 
Kyuhyun asked why.
 
Teuksu replied with a sad smile, "Because you used to do this with us. I suppose you can't remember this as well."
 
Kyuhyun lowered his head and flushed. He wasn't even part of them; how could he even know
 
"Maybe it's all just a dream. Maybe I'm dreaming about being a singer. Plus, I'm not married in here. That's good, isn't it? My wish is coming true, even if it's just a dream. " Kyuhyun thought as he smiled at all of them. But there was a thought nagging at him. Surely he looked too old to be with them?
 
"Aren't I... too old?" he asked.
 
The feminine man spluttered. "Boy, if you're old, I'll be a grandpa already. Right, Hannie?"
 
The handsome man beside him chuckled and pushed him away embarassingly.
 
"Look at yourself, Kyuhyun." Teuksu said, and brandished a mirror from his back. What Kyuhyun saw made his jaw drop.
 
His hair was blond. Blond. It was dyed, but still, blond?!
 
"What happened to my hair?!"
 
To this, the men in the room chuckled.