Threat

In Between Love

CHAPTER TWENTY
[Threat]



Dara asked Dae for a break just for today. Jiyong still won't let go of her even though they had spent the whole night and morning together. They also didn't go out of her house. Mr. Choi just told her that he'll go to the supermarket for some supplies. It was just an excuse since the old man felt like a third wheel in the house. He let the youngsters took over the whole house.

After the last time in bed (you know already), they decided to watch a movie in the living room. The movie was great at first but the ie Jiyong couldn't just get his hands off her. In the end, they forgot the movie and did something else more exciting than the movie.

They were now in the couch, Dara on the top of her with only a blanket covering their bodies. The credit in the movie was long gone and was now a blue screen. They didn't mind though for they were not paying attention to it.

Jiyong was drawing circles on her back while she was listening to his heartbeat. They didn't talk but just enjoyed each other's warmth. There were moments that he would just kiss the top of her head then continued doodling on her back.

"Ji, how did you know I was here?" she was meaning to ask him that. He knew that she didn't like staying in this house so it kinda surprised her that he showed up where it's the least expected place for them to think of her to be.

He didn't answer at once. She looked up and their eyes met. She was waiting for him.

"I always come here ever since you left." she was shock to hear that. She thought he was joking but his face told him so.

"Why?" she asked.

"I was here the day before you left- Chaerin and I." she remembered that. Chaerin stayed with her that day and the next morning, she sneakily went out of the house to the airport. She thought Chaerin was on the other room so she was cautious since CL was a light sleeper.

He continued. "When I woke up and saw you not there in your room, I panicked because something might have happened to you." she lowered down her gaze. She was feeling very guilty.

"If it's not because of Chaerin, I might have thrown myself outside the window and into the road without thinking. She calmed me down asked and around. She used her connections and we found out that you're planning to leave for Paris." his hand on her back stopped moving but she felt him made a fist.

"We went to the airport to stop you from leaving but it was too late. I booked a ticket to Paris to go after you but we received a call from Chaerin's mom that your engagement was set and you'll be marrying Kang Daesung once you get there." She only told Aunt Lee about her engagement but she didn't tell her anything else. She asked her to tell Chaerin her decision for she was quite sure Jiyong would get the message.

"I was devastated of that. I could not control my emotion that’s why I went back to my old habit. I kept on thinking how much pain you gave me but in spite of that, I could not tear you up in my mind. I still do the things we do together. I always look for you on every woman I sleep with. I would still go to places we've been and places that connect you and that include your house." tears were forming again in her eyes. His voice was full of sadness remembering the past. "And when I saw a car last night, I knew you were back. My only plan was to see you for the last time but it took me a while to decide so that's why I tried to talk to you on the phone. But my tongue would roll back when I hear your voice the instant you answered. Luck was on me when you decided to come out and that gave me courage.”

She was already crying and it could be heard on the room. He lifted her face and cupped her cheeks. "I planned to forget you for good. I wanted to hate you but my love for you is more powerful. Just seeing you, crumpled the thick wall I created for the past three years. I realized I could not live without you."

"I'm sorry, Ji..." that was always been her dialogue ever since she came back. She felt like she didn't deserve to be forgiven.

"I want us to start over again, Dara. Whether you like it or not, I'm not gonna let you go again. I'm not asking for your opinion on this matter because I know you'll be thinking of leaving again." she looked away. How could he read her like an open book?

"I hope you're not thinking of that." he said then faced her again. "As I said, I will forget everything. We both will start anew and by doing that, you'll also have to let go of something that's stopping you." He held her head and looked straight at her.

She wanted to rejoice. She wanted follow what he said. She also wanted to be happy and he's her happiness. She smiled and hugged him tightly. "I cannot promise you a thing, Ji. I hope you understand."

He was about to retort but she beat her to it. "I'm afraid that if I promise, I might break it again."

He heaved a sigh. "I understand." and he kissed her.





They were both preparing dinner when the door rang.

"I'll get it." he said while taking off the apron.

She just nodded and went back to the soup. She then realized that if it's Mr. Choi, he had a key with him. So, who's on the door?

She lowered the flame of the stove and went out to see who it was. There, in front of the door was Seunghyun. Both men were staring darkly at each other. This was not good. She knew how overprotective Seunghyun could be with her and judging from Jiyong's face, the latter knew of her friend.

"Tabi, what are you doing here?" Their intense gazes were momentarily cut off when Seunghyun turned to her.

"Am I not welcome here?" he said coldly said then back to Jiyong.

She could feel the tension in the room and she had to do something to lighten up the mood.

"Y-Yah! of course not!" she hesitantly came near them. "What makes you say that?"

Seunghyun didn't answer her but just continued staring to Jiyong. Jiyong just did the same and it was not good.

"Seunghyun, come in." She was about to grab his arm when Jiyong grabbed her closer to him that she almost stumbled.

"Stay here." Jiyong said with gritted teeth his eyes still on him.

"J-Ji, what's up with you?" She smiled then tried to pull away from him. "You don't have to worry because Seunghyun's a friend."

His hold on her was still tight so she just let it be. She turned to Seunghyun. "Tabi, is there a problem? Why'd you come here?"

His eyes were on her now. "I just wanted to check on you and invite you to dinner since I thought you're alone here."

She was about to reply when Jiyong beat her to it. "As you can see she's not alone and we are about to have our dinner. You no need to check up on her anymore since I'm already here."

They were staring like in a battle again. They moved closer and she was sandwiched with them. "Y-Yah! What's wrong with you two?"

"Dara, who's he?" Seunghyun finally asked.

She didn't know why but she could not answer Seunghyun's question. "Ahh..Ah.."

"I'm her boyfriend. You are?" Jiyong answered for her but she felt nervous when he said that.

Seunghyun's right brow rose. He looked at her confused. "Boyfriend?"

"I-I-" she looked away.

"Who are you?" it's Jiyong and she didn't like what she was seeing.

"Someone who cares for her." Seunghyun answered. She felt Jiyong came closer as well as Seunghyun. Now, she was being squished in the middle.

"Will you please stop!" she tried to push the two guys but what can a petite girl like her could do? She could already see the guys forming fists.

She then faced Seunghyun. "Tabi, now's not the right time. I'll explain it to you but please could you go home now. Just tell Minzy I'll be staying here again."

He faced to her and for a second an emotion ran in his eyes. Was it hurt? He faced Jiyong again for the last time then nodded at her. He didn't say a word but just walked out to the door.

She sighed then glared at Jiyong. "What's up with you? You're being rude with my friend?"

"Friend? Are you sure about that?" he was still having that rude face of his.

"What do you mean by that?" her forehead furrowed not getting his point.

"That GUY obviously likes you and you are all blind about that?" his voice increased and put emphasis on the guy.

"That GUY happens to be my friend who kept me company while I'm in Paris. He is just a friend, Jiyong. Why are you so threatened about it?" she said. She was having headaches because of the earlier event.

"Friend? He doesn't seem like one. He seems to have another agenda." What kind of narrow-headed person this guy could be?!

"He is a friend! More genuine compared to someone who I thought was my friend!" She blurted without thinking. She didn't like how he perceived Seunghyun.

Jiyong stared at her curiously. She then realized what she said and looked away.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked.

"Nothing. Forget I said it. I just blurt out things randomly." she was about to step away but he grabbed her.

"Dara-" he started but she cut him.

"Ji, I left what I was cooking in the kitchen. It might be overcooked." she slipped from his grasp and went to the kitchen leaving him still curios and frustrated.

They were silent during dinner. She didn't have the appetite anymore to it but it would be a waste especially that both of them prepared for it. They watched a movie again after the dinner but it was no longer the same atmosphere as before. They settled on each corner of the couch and after such, they both went to bed directly.

The next morning, he found Jiyong still on bed. She needed to go to work since she skipped yesterday. She didn't wake him up but she left a note on the bedside table and with a light peck on his lips, she went out of the room.

Jiyong was already awake even before Dara left. He just want to give her space because he admitted, he had gone too much last night. It was just that, he could not grasp the idea of Dara being friends with that guy who’s obviously had a thing for her. She might not see it but he did. The way the guy reacted proved it. But she also had a point that the guy comforted her the time he was not with her and that was an advantage on that bast@rd's side.

He took the note. She was on her office and she will just call him. He sighed and crumpled the paper. He knew that there was something holding her back. She could not even tell him she loves him. Yesterday, Jiyong kept on telling her 'I love you' and 'I miss you' but she never replied the same words. Even when he told her that he'll forget everything and went back to the way they were, she seemed hesitant about it. He couldn't help but be suspicious about her slip. She seemed betrayed and who is it, he doesn't know.

He thought of her friends- Chaerin and Bom. Chaerin could not be because she had been trying to connect with Dara. He could not also see any problem between the two. As for Bom, he realized that she didn't like to talk about Dara especially with him. For him, may be Bom was just hurt because Dara left without notifying either her or Chaerin. He also didn't wanna think badly of her because she was there during his bad times because of Dara.

He could not think of anyone else because Dara was only with Chaerin and Bom. She did consider her classmates friends but he doubted any of them would leave a big impact on her.

He got his phone and was full of missed calls and messages all from Bom. He sighed and thought of her. He could no longer lie to Bom. He knew he said that he'll give her a try but because he could not deny his love for Dara, he needed to tell Bom that it's over. He didn't want to hurt her further.

He dialed her number and even just one ring, she already answered it.

"Oh my Goodness, Jiyong! I was so worried of you. You were not answering my call and texts. I even went to your place but you weren't there. I thought something bad happened to you." He could imagine the worried look she had. "Where've you been?"

"Bom, we need to talk?"

There was silence before she broke it.

"What is this all about, Jiyong?" her voice was cold.

He sighed before he talked. "I still love Dara. I already went to her and told her to forget everything and start anew. I know I promised you that I'll try to you but I could not deny my feeling for her."

Silence again and it’s quite deafening to him.

"What did she say?"

"She didn't give an answer. I don't know why she's hesitating." he held his head on the back. He was getting frustrated.

"Maybe she doesn't love you anymore." Bom said still with the cold voice.

"I feel she still is. I won't let go of her, Bom, even if she will push me away. I love~"

"Stop it." she cut him. "You do realize it's me you’re talking to, right? Have you ever thought of what'll I feel telling me this bullsh!t?" her voice was now rising.

He was taken aback. "I'm so~."

"No, I don't want to hear it!" she shouted over the phone. He felt guilty by hurting her again but he could not lie to her.

"I will still not give up, jiyong. I love you so much to stop now. I already went to this extent." he was confused on the last part.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked.

"I'll see you soon." then she hanged up.

He stared at his phone. What did she mean by that? Dara's words suddenly popped out of his head. No, he would not think of it. There must be another meaning to it.

He walked to the bathroom to take a bath and fished his phone to call Dara but he was just directed to the voice mail. He took again the crumpled paper and he was not able to read some words. Dara's having a meeting today. He sighed and went out of the house. He also has a business to attend to.







The moment Dara stepped in her office; Seunghyun was already there and obviously waiting for her.

"Who was that guy?" he asked with an unreadable face.

She didn't answer immediately. She walked to her table and settles herself. She called her secretary for a coffee.

Seunghyun on the other hand was gritting his teeth from waiting. "Who was that guy, Dara? Why was he in your house? Did I tell you not to let anyone get inside your home?"

She finally faced him. "He's not just anyone, Seunghyun. He's a friend."

"I'm a friend, Dara, but why did you send me away last night? And from the looks of it, he stayed there overnight." he said as if mocking her.

She closed her eyes and took a breath. "He's Jiyong."

He was silent for a while. The angered look lessened but turned to something else she could not quite comprehend.

"Dara, what am I to you?" she was taken aback with the question.

"Do you have to ask that? Tabi, you're my friend." she stood up and went to him.

He just stared at her then sighed. "I'm not gonna say I'm happy for you. He was the reason why your friendship with Bom broke apart."

Her eyes widen. "How did you know?"

"I just put two and two together. It's not that complicated since I witnessed what happened the other day." he took her hand and held her with so much gentleness.

"Dara, I just hope you'll choose what's best for you. Open your eyes to see the real situation. I'm not gonna say bad about Bom since for you she's still a friend. I'm not gonna detest you as well if you'll choose that guy. Just remember, I'll always be here for you." he cupped her cheeks and looked at her.

She smiled. "Thank you Tabi for everything that you've done. I no longer know how to repay you."

He leaned over and kissed her forehead. "You don't need to owe me anything. Being with you is enough."

"But still, thank you." then they hugged.



Seunghyun was already on his office. Dara had a close meeting with Daesung and some executives. He should be there but he chose not to. He just wanted to settle with his feelings. He still cannot comprehend his feeling towards her. Sure he cares for her even gives his life for her but would that still be considered as friends? When he saw that guy with her yesterday, he felt like something pricked his heart. Is he falling for her?

He was on the middle of debating with himself when the door suddenly burst open revealing Bom with his secretary tailing behind her. Her expression's not good and he had an idea why she's here.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Choi. She just suddenly walked in without any appointment." his secretary said that earned a glare from Bom.

"It's okay, Min. Take a break first and just come back later on." Min looked at him worriedly but bowed down and left the office.

"Why are you here?" he said coldly at her. He was still comfortably seated and did not even offer her a seat or anything. He didn't just feel like it. She moved and walked near the couch just to put down her bag.

"Mr. Choi, I am here to ask for your help." she was here to ask for his help but her voice didn't say so.

"And what is that?" he leaned on his backrest.

"Get Dara away from Jiyong." she said while eyeing him.

"And why should I do that? I don't have any business concerning Dara's relationship especially on that Kwon Jiyong." At the outside, he seemed okay with it but of course it's already bothering him.

"I know you like her, love her maybe. Are you just gonna sit there and let her be taken away?"

"I don't know what you're talking about?"

She raised an eyebrow while looking at him then smirked. "You think that being by just her side, her feelings will direct to you? You have to move yourself before she’ll be taken from you."

He stood up from his seat and went in front of her.

"I don't force someone just to like me unlike you. So before I lose my patience, leave this office and never set foot in here again. I don't want Dara to see you. She might be upset seeing you again." he then faced back from her.

Her eyes formed a slit. "I will never gonna lose from her. I will not gonna give him up even if I have to ruin her life again."

He clinched his teeth and next thing she knew, she was already pinned on the wall with his hands on . "I'm gonna kill you if you ever lay a hand on her." his voice seemed like a poison to her.

She was shock at first but then recovered. "Then, keep her away from Jiyong. I don't back out on my words. She may be once my friend, but I don't have mercy with her since she ruined my life first."

He tightened his hold on her. She was starting to have difficulty in breathing and the pain from his grip was affecting her but she showed no fear and steadied her gaze on him.

He was no murderer. When the girl in front of him showed lack of emotion, though it boiled him more, he loosened his hold and stepped back. She held her neck then stood like nothing happened.

His gaze was still intense and a little push, who knew what he'll do. She smirked again.

"I came here as a friend. Settle your feelings now before it's too late." she got her bag and left him furious in the room.

After she left, Daesung went in to his office.

"I saw Bom stepped out of your office furious. What happened?"

"Nothing." he was still furious himself. If only she's not a girl, he could have punched him to death.

"You're trembling from anger, hyung. What happened?" he said it with a little bit of authority this time.

"I think I know why Dara left three years ago." Seunghyun said.

That got Dae's attention more. When it comes to Dara, it's all his concern. "And what is it?"

"Bom." he gritted his teeth speaking that name. The name itself is like venom.

Daesung seemed lost at first but then balled his fist. "Got it." then walked out of the room leaving Seunghyun curious of his cousin's action.



Chaerin was on the phone. She and Seungri were having lunch when her phone rang. He was not able to see the caller but she named him though. He thought that maybe she saw him curious and all that's why she informed him of the caller. She's so thoughtful even though she did it on different manner and Seungri loves her for that. She might seem cold on the outside but she's caring and loving especially to her family, friends, and hopefully to him.

They always had lunch dates since the girl was always busy and the only free time for the both of them is lunch. He had been very lucky ever since he started dating her. It was struggle for him and he had sacrifice a lot just to have her. Even his playboy image was thrown somewhere in the Pacific because of her. Only Chaerin managed to tame him.

She just kept on nodding and her face started to get furious. The grip on her phone tightened and he didn't want to be that thing. Chaerin always had this side and boy you don't want to be near her eye range of vision. Unfortunately for him, he's always there and he always ends up the target of her rage.

"Got it." she hanged up. She gritted her teeth and he swore, he could already see a crack on the phone.

"U-Uhm...what does Kang Daesung want?" Yeah, he knew the guy. Apparently, the guy was supposed to be Dara's fiancée but was canceled. He was the girls' childhood friend and treated as family. He is also one of the most eligible bachelors of South Korea because he was able to run a huge company at a young age.

"He might have an idea of what happened three years ago." she said still red with anger.

"S-so? What happened?" he was hesitant to ask.

"I'm gonna find out to the master behind it." her voice was deadly and he got scared for the life of that so called master.

"W-Who?"

She looked at him and he kinda leaned backwards because of her stares. "Bom."



 


~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~o0o~~~~
How was the update today??
I hope you like it!!!
It's getting interesting now...
:mikadance:

Please send me some love!!!
:h