Hunter

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

When Ji-Yong woke up, Amelle's side of the bed was cold. He lay there in his boxers, his mind trying to grasp at what had just happened. In what had seemed like years, he had been finally able to touch her again, and she had stayed in his bed, the bed he had never let Ji Eun sleep in. He reached out with his good arm to touch her but she was nowhere to be found. Finally, registering the noise in the background, Ji-Yong realised she was in the shower. He considered joining her, they had a lot to talk about, a lot to do, to find their daughter and fix their marriage. 

Sitting up, he smiled sadly to himself. He always felt closest to her when there was a tragedy. She was unable to hide herself from him in those moments. Heading to the bathroom, he hung by the door hesitantly. There was a chance that she wouldn't want him to be with her. That what had happened was simply a passing fling. He pushed the thought to the back of his mind.

"Amelle, when you're done with the shower, I think we should talk"

Turning round the corner to find her, Ji-Yong saw that the bathroom was empty, the shower running on nobody. Reaching in, he turned off the shower and frowned. If she wasn't in there, then where was she? He remembered telling her to buy milk when she had to go out, but checking the clock on his phone, he could tell that was ages ago. She had been gone for four hours now. He headed into the kitchen willing her to be asleep on the couch, tv turned down low, btu the tv was off and the couch was empty. Ji-Yong crossed the apartment, and cracked open Jae-sun's door. The rise and fall of the covers proved that he was in there, but the shape was too small to be her.

Returning to his room, Ji-Yong sat down on the bed and tried to stay calm. 

"Tae, have you heard from Amelle? I can't reach her phone" Ji-Yong urged, talking rapidly down the phone to his hyung. Amelle had been gone for five hours now and the shops weren't that far from their home. It was only when she didn't pick up his third call that he began to worry.

"No man I haven't. It's pretty late. You sure she's not over at Hwayoung's or something?"

"No, I'm sure. I'm definitely sure. I already checked. They haven't seen her either"

Taeyang was quiet and Ji-Yong could practically hear the cogs winding down in his head. 

"Tae...I think I'm gonna call the police-"

"Woah! Ji- Do you really want to do that...We already have a media storm over our heads..."

"Bae, you know what happened after Jae-sun got shot. She went off on a tangent and almost murdered someone. This is her baby. I think she's..." Ji-Yong couldn't dare even utter the phrase. He knew where she had gone. He knew what she had done. 

"Call the police Bae, I'm going to find her"

 

 

"Are you Hunter?"

The man barely grunted, not bothering to give Amelle even a glance in her direction. Frowning, she ran her tongue across her teeth and made a loud tutting noise. She didn't have time for his bull.

"I said ARE YOU HUNTER?"

The man turned to face her, throwing down the piece of machinery he had been working on. He wiped his oily hands on his jeans.

"Listen -"

Before the sentence had exited his lips, Amelle was pressing the cold nozzle of her new glock 22 with it's silencer against his temple. He froze, clearly not expecting the violent entrance she was making. Amelle cleared again.

"Now listen lady-"

"You know at this point, I don't really care whether you're Hunter or not...Regardless you're going to tell me what I need to know" While she sounded brave and dangerous, Amelle couldn't qwell the swirly feel of vomit as it churned in her stomach. She hadn't eaten for days maybe and she was high off adrenaline. She would crash pretty soon. She trained her focus on the man attached to her gun. He was large and muscular, and could easily take her. Maybe he was just playing easy. She had to pull a card somewhere, he had stopped for his life.

"Don't you recognise me?" She prodded, trying to force herself into his memory. She pulled the gun away from him, placing the safety back on. She hadn't even cocked it. The man shook his head, a nasty look spreading on his face. His fists were curling in the corner of her eye, something she could sense was designed specifically for her.

"Now now Yuki, that's not how we treat a guest" A thin man swam into the background, a long cigar clinging to his thin lips. With his dark hair slicked back, and his nose sharp, he reminded Amelle of a crow. She hated crows. Nature's scavengers. She forced her lips into a smile. Rolling up the sleeves of his greying shirt, the man extended a hand made of long artistic fingers. Amelle's eyes travelled down to his fingers and the ends of his sleeves. They were drenched in blood, still wet.

A groan emerged from the back room, followed by the sound of a muffled 'help'. The thin man's eyes swivelled to the door he had just left and reached for the monkeywench perched precariously on a pile of tools. Clasping it firmly in his skeletal fingers, he flashed Amelle a look that told her better than to ask, and strode over to the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

Amelle tried to fixate on her surroundings as the sound of metal hitting wet, palpable flesh slipped under the door towards her. Bile rose in as the reality began to seep into her pores. She had been out of this game for so long, she had grown soft. She had allowed her cushy life with her idol husband and modelling career to break down the hard outer layer that had protected her from people like him. Her ears pricked up at the sound of water running. At least the man had the decency to wash his hands after killing someone.

"Hunter, at your service" He bowed slightly, an action that looked as if he was mocking her. Amele forced herself to shake his hand. As her skin touched his, he dug his fingers in and forced her hand palm down, his other hand the bones of her knuckles, playing them like a piano.

"People only come to me for one reason" He stared into his eyes on hers, intently. She fidgeted slightly. She had fought mafia bosses and netizens yet this man made her uneasy.

"I highly doubt you came here for a social visit"

"I need two things from you"

He laughed loosely before fixing his gaze on her again.

"Well that IS a suprise. Most of my visitors don't even have the gall to ask for ONE thing"

"The services I provide do not come cheaply...."

"Will you do it?"

He smirked again. Amelle was starting to grow sick of that smile.