Taking Out The Trash

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

Amelle purred inwardly as arms wrapped around her and a warm body pressed against her back. She had caught herself thinking of Ji Yong again, and wondering if he was ok. He would have loved it here. It reminded her of the place they had gone on their honeymoon, but evidently it wasn't the same. The arms that wrapped around her were not Ji Yongs. The body that pressed against her did not belong to him. The voice that had called her name was so different from the voice she had grown to love.

SooHyun's hands ran down to her stomach as he pulled her against him, tighter. She covered those hands with her own and relaxed into him. She was in paradise with him now. Nothing could get to her. Not even Ji-Yong. She turned around and pressed her lips against SooHyun's, trying to wash away all the sadness she had felt earlier.

"Hi" he whispered as their lips parted, a smile breaking out on his perfect face. Amelle rested her head on his shoulder as they swayed in the moonlight. Ji-Yong has used to do this with her each night,  but he had gotten too busy for her. Amelle mentally scolded herself, even at times like this, she found herself comparing SooHyun with Ji Yong. SooHyun was nothing like Ji Yong, he was a completely different kettle of fish. 

"I can't believe that YG cancelled your contract"

Amelle hadn't been expecting that topic to come out on their holiday. In fact, she hadn't wanted to think about anything to do with YG Ent. This holiday was supposed to be a getaway.

"Yeah" She replied, noncommitally, trying to readjust herself against SooHyun's shoulder. He had suddenly become uncomfortable to her.

"I mean, it's crazy. You're such a valuable asset. And to choose between you and hyung..." SooHyun made a tutting noise with his tongue. Amelle as starting to get annoyed now. She rose her head to look at SooHyun.

"Let's not talk about them," she cooed, "It's just you and me, all alone on this little island"

SooHyun smirked in a knowing way and captured her lips. His kiss was tender and sweet, the way a kiss was supposed to be.

"But what are you gonna do for a job?"

The moment was gone. Unwrapping her arms from around his neck, Amelle made short, sharp strides towards the glass door that seperated their room from the balcony from their room and closed the door behind her. Lying on the bed, she wrapped her arms around her pillow and shut her eyes, her back facing the door. Moments later, she heard the door opening slowly. Hot breath appeared on the nape of her neck.

"I'm sorry Melle"

She allowed herself to be turned over and opened her eyes, facing him.

"I just really REALLY don't want to think about that sort of stuff right now ok?"

SooHyun nodded, gently tracing the contours of her body with his hands. He nodded.

"Then let me take your mind off it"

 

"Could you hold Zoo for a moment?" Ji-Yong asked, as he tried to juggle his toddler and the keys to his apartment. Ji Eun was leaning against the opposite wall, manicured nails clicking away at her little tablet.

"Ji-Eun?"

"What?" She barely looked up and it made Ji-Yong wonder why she was even there. She was being about as useful as a fart in a jamjar. 

"Can you hold Zulay for a moment?"

Groaning loudly, Ji-Eun pushed the phone into her bag and took Zulay from him, who had been happily napping on his shoulder, holding her at arms length. She looked somewhat disgusted. 

"Hold her properly, she's a child not a chihuahua" Turning to face the door, Ji-Yong rolled his eyes and wondered what Amelle would have done in his position. Probably made some charring remark that would make both him and Ji-Eun run for the hills. He smirked slightly as he unlocked the door and led Jieun into his apartment. 

His apartment. He had been so used to it being 'their' apartment. His and Amelle's apartment. Even with Jieun around to keep him company, the place felt empty. Watching as Jieun manhandled Zulay like a sack of potatoes, he wondered why he kept her around. He watched as Jieun dumped Zulay on the sofa. The landing was less than gentle as Zulay woke up and started to cry. Great. Just great.

"Hey hey hey. It's alright. Daddy's here" Zulay had warmed up to him considerably after being away from Amelle for a few days. She didn't seem to care for Jieun, simply not giving the women her time of day. Ji-Yong had even let her sleep in his bed a few nights, much to Jieun's annoyance. Ji-Yong couldn't help but feel secretly happy, Jieun seemed to be on a determined path to sleep with him as many times as possible, as if each time she got a little more famous. Ji-Yong would be lying to himself if he said he didn't wish it was Amelle each time. As he cradled his sniffling daughter, he glared at the women sitting on his couch, examining her nails.

"I told you to be gentle with her. She's just a child for God's sake"

Jieun openly rolled her eyes at the statement and continued to examine her nails. Carrying Zulay into his room, he laid her down on the bed and tucked her in, Zulay falling asleep almost instantly. He had a feeling that the next conversation he was going to have with Jieun was not going to be a pleasant one. Jieun was waiting for him when he came out.

"Why do you talk to me like that?" she asked, the tiniest hint of nastiness to her voice. Choosing to ignore it, he strolled into the kitchen and looked inside the fridge. He was not going to play into her hands.

"Like what?" He feigned innocence, taking a beer from the fridge and searching for  bottle opener. He could feel Jieun's cold glare on the back of his head, but he ignored it. Something different wad in the air tonight.

"Don't play dumb with me Ji-Yong! You know exactly what I'm talking about!" 

He placed his palms flat against the island table in the kitchen and stared at her. He was really beginning to wonder what he had seen in her in the beginning.

"No I don't. But then again, you've said all of anything important in the months that I've known you"

Jieun's mouth dropped open. Ji-Yong smirked inwardly, taking a long swig of his beer. A tickle of the liquid slid

"I've been the one picking up the pieces after you and your child ever since she left!"

"Oh pull the other one Jieun. We both know the only reason you're here is because you're a money hungry attention . Don't even attempt to convince me that you've done anything for me, let alone Zulay!"

"Well, I'm doing a lot more than her useless mother is!" Jieun shot back.

A lesser man would have lost control and struck her. Ji-Yong was not a lesser man.

"You know what, Ji-Eun, just leave. No. GET OUT! I want you out of my house!" Ji-Yong started bundling her things together and cramming them into her arms as she stood horrified at his attitude. Marching over to the door, Ji-Yong yanked it open, almost strong enough to pull it off the hinges. He gestured franticly to the hallway.

"Well are you just going to stand there or do I need to calm TVXQ to come lure your out?"

Lip shaking, Ji Eun marched up to Ji-Yong and slapped him. Hard. He slowly turned back to face her.

"Yes?"

"You're a bastard Ji-Yong!" She cried, storming away as best as her heels could carry her.

"I HOPE I AM!" Ji-Yong yelled behind her, throwing his fist into the door in anger. As he turned, he found his neighbours, Hwayoung and Ricky watching him. He sheepishly ran his hand through his hair.

"Just...er...taking out the trash"

Ricky chuckled breathlessly and shephered Hwayoung back into the house.

"Do what you gotta do man"

And at that, the door closed behind him. Ji-Yong sighed, closing his door behind him and slid down it, heaving slightly. Tears brimmed in his eyes as he realised that yet again he was alone. As he bowed his head, chubby little fingers grabbed at his hand. He looked up to find Zulay frowning at him.

"Don't cry Appa"

It was the first time in a long time that she had called him that.

 

 

She hadn't been feeling well for days, that much she knew for sure. The stress of leaving YG and separating from her husband in a few short days had really gotten to her. She looked tired, dark panda eyes appearing. Her hair was suffering too, it hung lifelessly by the sides of her face. Somehow Soohyun managed to find her still attractive. She was feeling sick, that was all she knew for sure, so that morning she had gotten up and walked to the nearest clinic.

Wearing only a white cotton sundress, Amelle shivered under the cold of the air conditioning. She was waiting for her test results to come back, the doctor convinced she had some form of stomach flu. She'd had to go through the whole painful ordeal: taking off her dress to get an x-Ray done, having blood drawn, peeing in a cup. It wasn't how she had planned t  spend her day. The doctor was sure she had a stomach bug.

"Mrs Kwon?" Amelle almost didn't recognise her surname. Yes, that was her name. It seemed so foreign to her now. She was used to people addressing her as Park now, especially as she had just gone through a very public split. She got up and followed the nurse into the doctors office, trying to ignore the knot forming in her stomach. As she was beckoned in, she tried to avoid the man's gave. He gestured to the seat ahead of him.

"Please sit, Mrs Kwon"

Slowly, Amelle lowered herself into the chair.

"It's Ms Park"

The doctor frowned.

"I've recently seperated"

"Mmhm..." The doctor gave her a look that signalled he didn't exactly approve of her current marital situation.

"I have some good news and some bad news. Which would you like to hear first?"

"The bad news" Clearly, she wanted to take the bad news and be refreshed after.

"Well, your blood sugar is a little low, so I think you need to keep an eye on it for now" 

Amelle nodded, it wasn't as bad as she had thought. If this was the bad news, the good news was probably her winning the lottery or something.

"The good news?"

"Well Mrs Kwo- I mean, Ms Park, the good news is that you are with child"

Amelle spluttered.

"I'm sorry what?"

"You're with child...it means you're preg-"

"Yes I know what it means thank you very ing much," Amelle sank deeper into her chair as the news sank deeper into her, "How is this the good news?"

"Well motherhood is a blessing, I'm sure you and your husband will be very proud to welcome a child into the world"

Realisation hit her. This baby, this inside her. The father was not the same father as her daughters.

Before she could stop herself, Amelle threw up violently into the wastepaper basket.

SooHyun was the father