Baby Mine, Baby of Mine

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

The moment Amelle was in the vicinity of the hospital, she felt a dark cloud settle over her. A large crowd had gathered outside of the hospital doors, screaming and hollering to get inside. Clearly the hoards had heard the news about her husband before she had and were waiting for news as anxiously she was. She tried to ignore the questions screamed at her as her bodyguards escorted her and SooHyun into the hospital.

"How's oppa doing?!"

"Is he still alive?!"

"Why the hell weren't you with him?!" A girl managed to get close to Amelle and sneered it painfully into her ear. Amelle winced, but tried to stand tall as she entered the sliding doors. The fangirl was right. Why hadn't she been with him?

The bodyguard did not leave their side until their elevator reached the 17th floor. This was the floor of private rooms for the serious cases, or for the rich who wanted some quiet while they were admitted. It was admittedly quieter but the hoard of fangirl and fanboys had been replaced by a crowd that made Amelle want to vomit. The floor was crawling with police. 

Taking a deep breath, Amelle motioned to start through them when a hand landed on her arm.

"Amelle"

She turned to face SooHyun who had a sad frown upon his face. They both knew what it meant. The moment she walked into Ji-Yong's room, everything they had would be different. She didn't even know if they would be together when they left the room. He was know caught in the storm that was her and Ji-Yong and he had no idea how to keep afloat. She pressed her palm gently to his cheek and he grabbed it selfishly.

"I know" 

Taking his free hand, SooHyung and Amelle began to walk the long corridor to Ji-Yong's room. As they got closer and closer, a horrible sinking feeling began to take over her and she realised she was breathing heavily. Why were there so many police there? What exactly had happened to him? Was he alive? 

Spotting Taeyang, Amelle ran to him and leapt into his arms and hugged him fiercely, burying her head into his shirt. He cradled her head supporting her weight.

"Is he...?

She was crying now. 

"He's alive"

Pulling away, Amelle started to smile but noticed the dark look on Taeyang's face

"What? What's wrong....?"

Taeyang avoided her gaze but he didn't have to for long.

"Amelle?"

The voice travelled into the corridor and found her. She didn't need a single moment to recognise his voice. Sitting in a hospital bed behind her, looking beaten and bloody, was Ji-Yong. Hair and clothes dishevelled. Arm in a cast. Numerous cuts and bruises littering the skin that she could see. Someone had done this. Someone had beaten the out of him. 

Amelle forgot about SooHyun and found herself falling into the room and wrapping her arms tightly around him, little tears wetting the back of his t-shirt. He winced slightly and she loosened her grip, apologising profusely, but Ji-Yong had loved her holding him again. 

"I'm so glad you're ok" She whispered, wiping the tears from her eyes. A wave of relief had washed over her. He was still alive. Broken but alive. Drawing a shaky breath, she took his hand and caressed it with her thumb. It was warm.

"What happened to you?" She blubbed, her voice wavering.

"I was ambushed in the park. Three guys came out of nowhere and they beat the hell out of me. I fought back but...".

Ji-Yong swallowed. This was the worst part now. 

"And Zulay..." he trailed off, turning away from her in shame. Amelle frowned realising that she had for a moment there forgotten Ji-Yong had her. 

"So where is she?"

Ji-yong swallowed loudly and the room got oddly quiet. Crushing them.

"They...they t-....she's gone" Ji-Yong managed to force out, the words tearing his throat apart. Heat rose up in Amelle's body, rising up and hitting her in the back of her eyes. She shook her head and stood up, her whole body vibrating.

"No"

"Ams-"

"You're lying Ji. Tell me you're lying. Tell me those people don't have my baby. TELL ME!" The last was a scream, but there was no anger in her voice. Looking around her, searching, Amelle could not find her baby. Her baby was not here. Taeyang entered the room followed 

"Ji...please" It was a whisper, but the most pleading whisper he had ever seen. He could not look at her as a single tear slid down his cheek.

"No" the words slipped from Amelle's lips as her heart fell, fell down down down, past the floor, past the crowds waiting outside, deeper still. 

"No...no..no...No.No.No.NO.NO.NO" She was crying hysterically now, screaming as SooHyun and Taeyang tried to calm her. Hands clasping, tears falling. She was dying. This is what it felt like to die. To have a piece of you ripped out over and over and over. Her screams were echoing down the hall as Ji-Yong tried to reach for her. 

And as if her body had given up on living itself, a single breath escaped her lips, before her eyes rolled back and she collided, chest first, into the bedside table.

 

"How's she doing doctor?" Amelle heard Soohyun ask as she lay in her hospital bed. After she had out, she had woken up in there, no longer in her street clothes and hooked up to an IV. Her attempts to pull it out had ended up with an increase in her dosage. Now, now she was wondering why the blue curtains were blue as she lay on her side, trying not to think. 

"Hey" A warm hand on her back greeted her as SooHyun sat down in front of her, his concerned gaze warming. He rubbed her back gently, "Doctor Song said you're fine. We can leave when you're ready"

Amelle chuckled weakly as a tear slid across the bridge of her nose. So Doctor Song hadn't told him them.

"You don't know, do you?" SooHyun's brow crinkled.

"Know what?"

"What did she tell you?

"You had a minor jarring in your abdomen. No internal bleeding, no broken bones, but maybe some slight bruising in the morning"

Amelle chuckled again, it sounding more like a gargle.

"That . She really didn't tell you" Breathing heavily, Amelle knew this was the time, "She asked me, if I'd ever suffered any blows to the abdomen. You think she'd know that holding my medical chart" Amelle tried to joke as she played with the string bracelet SooHyun had given her.

"She also told me that because of this 'collision' I may not be able to have kids again. Which I would have learnt to live with, but it also meant that I...I lost the one I've been..." Tears were streaming down her face now.

"What?"

"She said something to do with the angle I hit the desk and the angle he- he's gone. And now I've lost two babies"

"You...you're pregnant?" SooHyun's voice was a mass of suprise and confusion. Amelle nodded before shaking her head and sobbing into her chest.

"Was he mine?" Amelle managed out a shaky yes, before turning on her side and facing away from him as she howled into her pillow. In the space of what seemed like nothing, Amelle had lost both of her children. All she wanted was for her bed to swallow her up and suffocate her.

A warm body climbed into the bed beside her, wrapping his arms around her as she wept. His chin rested atop of her head and he held her close.

"I lost our baby" Amelle cried into the sheets, burying herself deeper. SooHyun her hair slowly, trying to soothe her.

"It's ok darling, it's not your fault" he whispered, trying to mask the pain he felt for the future with her he had inevitably lost