Softhearted.

Just another YongSeo fanfic

The boys kept quiet because they knew about Yonghwa's past, how he lost a person so special and important to him at such a young age and how he has to pretend that he is happy in this family.

 

"Hyung", Minhyuk came in and said, "Although I know this may not be the best time to say this, but she is still a girl afterall. I think you should give her a peaceful mind instead of letting her worry about you hating her."

 

"Oh." Yonghwa said, trying to be cool to stop his tears from choking his words. He knew he had to talk things out with Seohyun.

 

The next day in school, Seohyun was still having her orientation but she had no mood for anything. She was still thinking about the broken guitar which had been caused by her on the day before. Tiffany and Taeyeon both held her arms from each side and quipped, "What's wrong hyun? You haven't been acting like your cheerful self since yesterday."

 

"Oh? Hmm...  It's just... Well, yesterday..."

 

"Ya, Seo Joo Hyun, come here for a minute!"

 

The three girls turned at the same time and saw Yonghwa standing with Donghae and Siwon. Taeyeon and Tiffany both melted at the smile of the two gorgeous boys and let go of their friend. Seohyun, not knowing why, felt her face blushing again and shyly walked over to Yonghwa.

 

"Hey wait, we're going to have games later on!" Tiffany shouted, trying to snap herself out of the handsome gaze.

 

"It's alright, ladies, Yonghwa is just going to have a talk with your dear friend for just a few minutes." Siwon said with a smile. Tiffany melted at his words and then shyly said okay.

 

Yonghwa brought Seohyun to a corner and said, "Hey, I heard from someone that you were crying yesterday..."

 

"Oh?? Yeah... I mean, no one ever talked to me like that before so I guess I got a little too emotional..."

 

"......ry."

 

"What?"

 

"I said! ........ry!"

 

Seohyun knew what Yonghwa was saying and she didn't know why but she liked joking around with him, so she asked him to repeat himself, in an annoyed voice.

 

"What is it?!"

 

"I SAID I'M SORRY!"

 

Seohyun got a shock, but she laughed.

 

"Yeah, yeah laugh all you want. It's supposed to be you apologising and now it's me."

 

Seohyun stopped laughing and turned to being serious.

 

"Look sunbae, I'm really sorry for breaking your guitar, and I don't know how else I can make up for it other than paying back for repairing the guitar. I'm really sorry. Honestly."

 

Yonghwa looked at this girl in front of him, apologising sincerely and now he realised that she didn't mean any harm. She was probably brought up this way and always protected, so she thought that money would be able to solve everything.

 

"It's okay. It was a limited edition guitar. And... Forget it. Just forget it okay? You didn't have to cry because of this. I mean, for one thing, you crying won't bring back my guitar to how it was before right?"

 

"I'll stop feeling so depressed if you don't hate me."

 

"I DON'T HATE YOU! I just hate the way you wanted to solve things..."

 

Somehow, Seohyun felt better hearing this from Yonghwa.

 

"Okay, I know now. But have you forgiven me, sunbae?"

 

".....Yeah. I think it's time you go back to class. And remember, stop crying you silly girl!"

 

Seohyun felt happy, like as if Yonghwa was a big brother talking down to her.

 

On her way back to class, Seohyun stepped on someone's bag and nearly fell, but someone held her hand.

 

She looked up and saw Kyuhyun, "Hello Seohyun!"

 

"Sunbae, what happened? Omo, was that your bag?"

 

"Yes! And you've just stepped on it! So we're both even now! Hahaha!"

 

Seohyun giggled at this sunbae in front of her acting like a small boy.

 

"Sunbae, did you tell Yonghwa that I cried yesterday?"

 

"I did, he should know what ugly things he did out there." Kyuhyun said, suddenly turning serious.

 

"Thank you sunbae. He came and apologise to me today. But there is still something bugging me."

 

"That's good to know. What is it? As your sunbae, I should cheer you up!"

 

"Although Yonghwa said that he has forgiven me, but I think he hasn't totally forgiven me. It's a feeling."

 

"Hmm. Even though I don't really like him, but that was the best reaction you can receive from him. That guitar was not only limited edition, but was from his first pay earned by himself. It's little wonder why he would be so angry."