"Your apology hurt me"

Just another YongSeo fanfic

After hearing what Kyuhyun said about Seohyun, Yonghwa lost his mood to practise and called off the pactice for today, saying he'll have the practise session tomorrow instead. The boys were disappointed but they knew why.

 

== YEARS AGO IN THE ORPHANAGE==

 

"Hey, let's go and get the bread the baker made for us today!"

 

"Okay! Let's go! It smells so delicious! You know what flavour I want?"

 

"Of course I know! You love the one with yam!"

 

"Heehee you really remember! Let's go then!"

 

When Yonghwa was in the orphanage, he had a playmate whom he would always play with, and share things with, and most importantly, who understood who he was and what was on his mind. He called her Yang-ie because he felt like she was his sun. Whenever the baker came to town, they would always be able to smell the delicious bread fragrance even though it was across the street. Yonghwa's playmate would always pick out the ones with yam.

 

While waiting for the lights to turn green, Yang-ie saw a cute soft toy hanging out from a lady's bag, and as she was about to touch it, some wild dogs ran after her, smelling meat near her. Yang-ie turned to run, and before she could call out to Yonghwa, the lights had already turned green for him to walk and he continued on, thinking Yang-ie was behind, playing a fool with him. When the lights turned to red, Yonghwa turned and saw that Yang-ie was being chased by the dogs. Yonghwa wanted to run back but there were too many oncoming cars. He could only watch helplessly while shouting Yang-ie. Finally, one dog bit Yang-ie and she cried out in pain. Luckily for her, the principal was at the scene and smacked the dog away. Yonghwa was shocked at this scene and ran over to Yang-ie, an oncoming car nearly hit him and he passed out in shock.

 

When Yonghwa woke up, he found a sticker stuck on his cheek. He went to the mirror and saw that it was a fist sticker. He then ran out to look for Yang-ie. She was just outside, and the director was keeping her company. She was asked to take a rest to recover her body but she wanted to wait until Yonghwa was up and was safe. She was angry that Yonghwa left her alone but she was more hurt that Yonghwa fainted because of her.

 

"Yang-ie! Are you okay?? Are you hurt anywhere?"

 

"Yonghwa! You are finally up!! You silly boy, why did you ran across? You can't magically heal my wound also!"

 

"Yang-ie, I'm really sorry. I should have held your hand."

 

"It's okay. Just promise me the next time you will always hold my hand and don't leave me alone okay?"

 

"Okay, I promise. Unless I die, I won't let go of your hand."

 

==A YEAR LATER==

 

"He looks like he can play the ukelele so well. Can we have him?"

 

"Let's see whether he wants it or not, dear."

 

The principal called Yonghwa over. "Yonghwa, this kind lady and gentleman likes you very much. Are you willing to go home with them?"

 

Yonghwa's face brightened up when he heard that.

 

"Really? Ahjumma, you really want me?"

 

'Of course, you lovely boy." The couple smiled seeing this innocent boy smiling at them. "I'm sure he will grow up to become a handsome young man with a bright future."

 

"Wait, can I have a request?"

 

"Yes, young man, what is your request?"

 

"Can you accept another friend of mine? She is called Yang-ie."

 

The couple looked at each other, and Yonghwa mistaken their looks for accepting his request, and he happily went to get Yang-ie to meet their new parents.

 

Yang-ie was excited to meet them, even blurting out umma and appa on accident.

 

"Mr principal, you see......."

 

This couple, even though they are very kind, but the main reason why they came here is because they are childless and they just want a boy who will one day take over their business. They did not have enough money for both kids.

 

They had a short discussion with the principal and then turned to Yonghwa. "Yonghwa, they are very kind people but they can only accept you. They do not have the financial power right now to adopt both of you. If you do not want to go with them, they will not force you."

 

Yonghwa looked at them and then to Yang-ie. He wanted a family so badly, and now the chance is finally here. But he had promised Yang-ie a year ago that he will always hold her hand. He was torn between what to do. And then he asked the couple, "If I go with you today, can you promise to bring me back her and adopt Yang-ie back as well?"

 

The couple nodded and said that they will bring him back. But Yang-ie sees only Yonghwa as her family member. she felt the pain of losing her family members, and seeing herself end up in the orphanage. She didn't wanted Yonghwa to leave, because she knows there's a chance he may never return to her. She cried and begged them not to take him. Yonghwa cried together with her and asked her to wait for him. He held her hand and repeatedly promise her he will return for her one day. Yang-ie pushed Yonghwa's hand away and said, "You backed out on your promise, you, my mum, my dad, everyone. Eventually no one wants me. Go and enjoy your new family!" Yang-ie left a heartbroken Yonghwa, and cried when she left.

 

It wasn't after 2 years then Korea Development Bank became more well-known and Yonghwa's step parents finally had the ability to bring back Yang-ie.

 

Upon reaching the orphanage, Yonghwa ran in happily and asked the principal where Yang-ie was, and the principal, with his head held down, said Yang-ie has passed away. Yonghwa was guilt-stricken and wouldn't eat for days and stopped talking to his step parents. One day, he had a very high fever and his step-parents were crying for him. He felt that they really loved him, but he couldn't forgive himself or his step-parents for the death of Yang-ie. He slowly hid his sadness and love for Yang-ie in his heart and started treasuring everyone he have now. He felt the pain and guilt of his step-parents, and he slowly started to forgive them. But he knows deep down he can't forgive himself.

 

Yonghwa thought about his past and a tear dropped down his cheek.