Starting off at the wrong foot

Just another YongSeo fanfic

Seo Joohyun was a girl who is affectionately known by her friends as just Seohyun. She was born into a perfect family. At just the tender age of 21, she has everything every girl would kill to have, well most of them. She has great parents who never believed in beating their children, as she's the only child, she's well-loved by her parents, but she never allowed herself to be spoilt. Although her parents were rich, they don't live in huge bungalow houses and instead, at a better conditioned apartment. Her dad is the owner of Samsung industry. Her mother is the CEO of the company but she only goes in when there is an immediate need for her to, and she is usually a housewife at home.

 

Since young Seohyun has been taught to always treat people who love until they have given you a reason not to. She would spend her free time either to the library to read books, or to orphanages to teach the children how to bake cookies. She loved children alot. She has a heart of gold and shows empathy to everyone around her. She believes that good people always end up with the things they deserve and bad people always get the punishment they deserve. Since young, she has been trained to play the piano, and she has become an expert at it by the age of 10.

 

"Seohyun, always be nice and kind to the things and people around you. You never know when you'll need help yourself. Treat everyone as a friend."

 

Jung Yonghwa was a guy who is well-loved by his close friends. He only treats well to those who have proven themselves loyal to him. He doesn't believe that the world goes round. To him, justice has to be fought for. No one will help you when you're down and out. The reaosn was because his parents left him when he was just a baby. They left him in front of an orphanage and left.

 

At the age of 7, a loving married couple who were unable to bear any children took Yonghwa in as they saw him playing with a mini ukelele. They trained Yonghwa to be a genius at playing guitar. Since he was interested in string instruments, he caught on pretty fast and was a pro at playing the guitar by the age of 18. His step parents owned the Korea Development Bank (KDB). He was filial to his step parents, he tried to be at his best for them because he felt that his step-parents wasn't obliged to love him. His step parents were afraid that he'd one day meet with his real life parents, so they trained him to never trust anyone easily. 

 

"Yonghwa, even to your closest friends, give them only 90% of your trust at most. Never fully trust the people around you. Be grateful when people tell you ugly things in front of you, and be wary of those who appear nice in front of you. You never know when a knife can be stabbed into your back when you let your guard down."

 

Both of them are like the south and north poles of one magnet. Both were brought up with dfferent teachings. And they were about to meet each other in AHS. Every student here had to finish their course of three years. It was Yonghwa's final year in the school and Seohyun's first year. She was expecting to meet new and nice people in her new school. Yonghwa, on the other hand, is waiting for his application to the major university of arts, and fulfil his final education path of learning about music.

 

"Seohyun, did you have a good sleep?"

 

"Yes omma. I even dreamt of meeting interesting people in school today!"

 

"That's good. Come here and have breakfast with your appa. He woke up early just to send you off to school."

 

"Oh? Appa, I woke up at around 3AM last night and saw you just coming back. You must be so tired. I can go by myself."

 

"It's okay Seohyun. I know you mean well but it's the first day! How can I let my little girl go to school alone? Keke. Kaja."

 

Seohyun's dad finished eating and were going to send her to school.

 

"Yonghwa~ time to wake up! Don't be late for your first day of the final year!"

 

"Omma, I've woken up already, I was preparing."

 

"Dae. Come and have your breakfast."

 

"Wow, looks delicious!"

 

"Can you make it to school yourself, or do you want to send you a lift?"

 

"It's alright omma. I'm already 23. Rest well with appa at home! Annyong!"

 

Yonghwa ran out of the house, holding his guitar enthusiastically.

 

At the front gate of the school, Seohyun heard her friends Taeyeon and Tiffany shouting out her name. She turned and saw them, then enthusiastically ran towards them.

 

*BAM*

 

The next thing she knew, her notes were scattered on the floor. She turned around and saw Yonghwa. She had heard stories about him from her friends who were previously in this school. They told her that he was a notorious playboy.

 

"Ya!! You knocked my guitar!"

 

"Oh? Mianhae-yo!! I didn't see it..."

 

"Dumb nerd." Yonghwa scorned, walking away.

 

"What a rude guy." Seohyun thought, walking away in the opposite direction.

 

"OMG SEO JOOHYUN! You just bumped into the handsomest guy in school and you just had to pick a fight with him?!" Taeyeon and Tiffany screamed when they saw Seohyun wakling towards them.

 

"Ah I don't think he's really that handsome. RUDE!"

 

Yonghwa walked hurriedly to his class, still worried over his guitar which had dropped awhile ago.

 

Seohyun's class was led by a Mr Kim. Mr Kim told them that a very talented senior would be showing off his guitar skills to them as a form of welcoming them. Seohyun and the girls were delighted and excited to meet their senior. When the doors opened, Yonghwa was standing out there.

 

"Ah students, this is the talented senior. He's a respectable guitar prodigy around here. He'll be performing a song he wrote by himself just a few weeks back, in preparation for today. Yonghwa please."

 

Yonghwa was excited to be able to perform in front of a whole new batch of juniors. But when he pulled out his guitar, he found out that two of the upper strings has broken. He got so mad and then realised Seohyun was sitting just in front of him.