Change

From the sky

"Do you need to call home?" Jessica asked when Tiffany came out of the washroom. 

Tiffany shook her head. "Uh ..I don't remember the phone number." 

"Won't they get worried then?" Jessica sighed and then she noticed Tiffany staring at something. 

"What are you looking at?" Jessica turned around but Tiffany had already dropped to the ground, sitting cross legged. 

"Nothing." She quickly replied. she let out a sigh of relief. 

Jessica raised a brow at Tiffany's weird behavior but shrugged it off quickly after.

"You can sleep on my bed, it's big enough for the two of us.." 

"Uh, I think... it would be better if I slept on the floor." Tiffany chuckled nervously. 

"Come here, we're friends now aren't we?" 

Tiffany stared at Jessica with a smile. "You really think of me as your friend?" 

Jessica thought about it. "Hmmm...... Yeah." She simply answered.

"You're just saying that." Tiffany sighed and pouted. 

"Ok fine, I don't think of you as a friend yet." Jessica admitted. "Come." She patted her bed.

Tiffany stared at the bed. She jumped onto the bed quickly and went under the covers.

She tackled Jessica's shoulder by accident causing the girl to fall off the bed. 

"Ow..." Jessica got back up onto the bed and glared at her.

"S-Sorry." 

"What's wrong with you?" She started to question Tiffany. 

"I..." Tiffany tried to come up with something as fast as she could. "I'm uncomfortable with girls, they make me really nervous."

"...What?" Jessica misunderstood what Tiffany meant and gasped. "You like girls?!"

Tiffany gasped as well. "That's not what I meant!"

Jessica stared at Tiffany blankly.

"Jessica! I don't like girls in that way." 

For some reason Jessica felt a bit sad that Tiffany wasn't attracted to girls. Jessica had been questioning her ual orientation for a long time, it's the reason she doesn't like hanging around anyone. But ever since Tiffany came into her life (approximately two hours ago) she's been acting differently. 

Tiffany was changing her.

"Jessica? ...Jessi!" 

Jessica turned to the nickname. "Jessi?"

"Short for Jessica." Tiffany said the obvious, her eyes became cresent moons when she smiled.

"You're really pretty when you smile, do you know that?" Jessica blurted out, she cupped with her hand right after.

Tiffany blushed and tried to hide her smile. "I've been told that many times." She chuckled.

"...Goodnight Tiffany." Jessica didn't say anything after that, she just wanted to sleep. Thinking that maybe in the morning she'll forget about her feelings for the girl.

She turned off the table lamp that was giving the room light and closed her eyes.

The next morning was very awkward for Jessica. She woke up to Tiffany's head buried into her chest and arms around her waist. 

She tried to move Tiffany away from her, but the girl wouldn't budge. "...Tiffany." she whispered.

"Tiffany." a little louder this time, still no movement from the girl. 

Then the door flew open, Krystal standing at the doorway about to wake Jessica up for school as usual but today was different. 

Her lips made a curve, a smirk. "Ohohoho what do we have here sis?" 

"I-It's not what you think Krystal!" Jessica forcefully pushed Tiffany off of her causing the girl to fall off the bed. 

"...Ugh." Tiffany woke up from her sleep. 

Krystal shrugged her shoulders and rolled her eyes. "Whatever, anyways wake up loser, you're gonna be late for school."

After Krystal left Jessica went over to the other side of the bed. "Sorry, are you okay?" She reached out her arm for Tiffany.

Tiffany stood up and smiled. "I'm fine." Because Tiffany was an angel she couldn't feel physical pain.

They then got ready to go to school.

At lunch time, Tiffany followed Jessica out of the room. "Jessi!"

Jessica sighed. "What?"
 
"Aren't friends supposed to hangout during lunch time...?" Tiffany pouted.

The students passing by them stared as they walked, it was their first time witnessing Jessica Jung talk to someone.

"Hey." Oh no. It was her. Park Gyuri, the one that sits beside Jessica, the one that spreads bad rumors about Jessica, the one that tries to ruin Jessica. 

Tiffany turned around to face her. "Hi Gyuri!" She greeted.

"Oh so Ms.Pretty Face already knows my name, that's nice." She smirked. "What's your name again?"

"Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang." Tiffany reminded Gyuri with a smile.

"Want to eat lunch with us Tiffany?" 

Tiffany stared at the two girls behind Gyuri. Nicole and Hara. Tiffany was really good with names being only her second day at school. 

She looked back at Jessica who was glaring at Gyuri. 

"Only if Jessi gets to come too." She answered.

"I don't want to eat lunch with them Tiffany." Jessica raised a brow at the girl and said.

Tiffany pouted. "Why not?"

Jessica walked up to Gyuri slowly. "Because, they're a bunch of.."

"Dirty." she stepped closer.

"Little." closer.

"Liars." Her face was now very close to Gyuri's as she whispered the last word, there was maybe only two inches of space between the two.

Tiffany pulled her away from Gyuri before anything bad would happened. 

"Well, Jessica, maybe if you were a bit more nicer-" Gyuri was cut off before she could finish.

"Shut up!" Jessica hissed. 

"What's your freaking problem?!" Gyuri shouted back, trying to get closer to Jessica but her friends pulled her back.

"You! You are the problem! You stupid b*tch!" Jessica was about to go throw a punch at the girl but Tiffany stopped her.  "Jessi..." 

Jessica started to calm down after hearing Tiffany's voice, she didn't know why though. Tiffany pulled her out of the hallway to exit the building.

"Why did you hold me back?" Jessica asked in frustration. "I'm so going to punch her!" she started to walk back but was stopped by Tiffany. 

"Punching her won't make anything better!" Tiffany shouted, she was angry.

She had just realised how important her quest was, it wasn't just for her to turn back human, she had to change Jessica before anything bad happens to the girl and by bad Tiffany meant death. If Jessica doesn't change, she will become the opposite of an angel, a devil. Devils weren't as free as angels, they couldn't go back to earth and they couldn't change back into a human like angels.

They were trapped underground forever, like slaves.   

Tiffany didn't realise that she was crying, tears rolled down her cheeks. 

Jessica wiped the tears off with her thumb. "I'm sorry." she pulled Tiffany in for a hug. 

"Stop crying, they're gonna think I beat you up." Jessica joked. Tiffany let out a small chuckle. 

"It's been a long time since I've hugged anyone..." Jessica smiled. It felt good.

"Same." Tiffany sighed. 

"You were hugging me this morning." Jessica smirked.

"I did not." Tiffany denied, she had no memory of this so called hug.

"You did." Jessica laughed. "You wouldn't let go either." 

"Whatever Jessi." 

"Let's go eat, I'm hungry." Jessica looked at her watch. "There's only twenty minutes left." she started to walk.

Tiffany smiled and followed Jessica. "You're changing already."