Mirrors

From the sky

The sky was grey and cloudy when she stepped out of her house.

"Weather is a really strange thing." She thought.

It was really sunny for the past few weeks. For her, it was strange that grey clouds were approaching during the middle of May.

She shrugged it off and started her walk to school, hoping for it not rain. It was a long walk to school, took about an hour to get to school. 

Jessica Jung was not the most well liked girl in the school. Nobody ever wanted to approach her because of her cold looks. 

She prefered to not have much friends anyways, she liked to keep things to herself. She wasn't much of a talker either.

She entered the room and sat down at her seat, at the back corner. She liked seats that were right beside the windows. 

"I heard she and Minho dated before." 

Even though the girl was whispering, Jessica could hear it. They sat right beside her for gods sake!

They were talking about her again. Everything they say about her are full of lies.

"No way! I thought she was gay!" 

"She is now."
The girl started laughing, her laugh was annoying. SHE was annoying.

Jessica was angry, but she decided to hold it in. Just like every single time.

She didn't want to cause any trouble. 

The teacher, Ms. Lee had walked into the classroom to start her teaching.

There was a girl that came into the room right after Ms. Lee. 

She had long black wavy hair and was beautiful. 

"Sit down class." They obeyed to her command and sat back down in their seats.

"We have a new student who will be joining us today." Ms. Lee smiled. 

"Great." Jessica sighed. Another student just meant another person to avoid.

She crossed her arms on top of her desk so she could lay her head down and sleep. 

"Her name is Tiffany Hwang."  Ms. Lee went on.

Then Tiffany spoke. Her voice sounded like it belonged to an angel, well that was because she is an angel. 

"Hi, I'm Tiffany Hwang, I hope we can all get along." She did a small bow and giggled, showing her eyesmile.

Tiffany scanned the room until she found her target. The blondie at the very back of the room, Jessica was the only blonde haired one in their class.

Even though Tiffany couldn't see her face, she knew it was her.  

"You can use this desk." Ms. Lee said as she pointed to the only empty desk in the room. It was at the very front, right infront of the teacher's desk.

Tiffany nodded and went to her desk right away. 

The rest of the day went by quickly. 

Tiffany would occasionally turn around and pretend to take something out of her backpack just to get a glance at Jessica. 

But she couldn't. Everytime she turned around Jessica's head was down and she was sleeping. Tiffany sighed. 

The bell rang and Tiffany quickly packed her things so she could catch Jessica. As she put her books into her bag she saw Jessica dash out of the classroom. 

She zipped her bag as she walked out of the room and threw the bag onto her shoulder and chased after the girl. 

Luckily, Jessica had to put her books into her locker so Tiffany caught up to the girl.

"Hey." Tiffany said but was ignored. 

She tapped Jessica on the shoulder to get her attention. "Hi, I'm Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang."

Jessica closed her locker door and glared at Tiffany. "I'm Jessica Jung and I hope that we don't ever speak again." She said harshly. 

Tiffany was left speechless as Jessica walked away.

"Mother was right, turning back into a human is hard but I won't give up." She thought and decided to follow the girl. 

"Jessica!" Tiffany caught up to her and was breathing hard from running. 

Jessica stared at Tiffany and sighed, as if she gave up. "What do you want?" 

"I want to be your friend." Tiffany said with a smile. 

"I don't make friends." Jessica replied. 

Tiffany pouted. "Let's go to the mall, right now." 

"I'm busy."

"With what?" Tiffany asked. Homework was not going to be an acceptable answer for her as they didn't get any.

Jessica tried to think of something quickly, she just wanted to get away from this new girl. "..Stuff." 

"What kind of stuff?" Tiffany wasn't going to give up just like that. 

"I.....have to babysit my little sister." Jessica said while nodding. "Yeah, I can't leave her home alone."

"Can I come over?" Tiffany changed her plans.

Jessica was lost, she had nothing left to say. She sighed in defeat. "Fine."

The walk to Jessica's house was filled with awkward silences.

Jessica decided to say something. "Why do you want to be my friend? Why.... me?"

"What do you mean?" Tiffany replied confused, obviously not knowing that most people dislike Jessica.

"Just.. why me?" Jessica chuckled at the confused Tiffany, it was the first time she had laughed in a while. "I've never had someone approach me like you did before." 

"Then I'm the first?" Tiffany said with a big grin on her face. Jessica nodded shyly. 

"I don't like you though, you're annoying." Jessica said with a smirk. "Just wanted to remind you."

"That's mean." She looked at Jessica with a pout.

"I'm am mean." 

Tiffany sighed. "How will I be able to change her..."

It took about an hour to get to Jessica's house.

When they reached their destination, Jessica's 'little sister' opened the door.

"Oh, you brought someone home?" 

"Don't talk to me." She walked right passed her little sister and tossed her bag next to the staircase and went over to the couch lazily.

"So, she's your 'little' sister?" Tiffany raised a brow and looked at Jessica.

"Yeah, Krystal say hi." Jessica commanded as she the T.V.

Krystal wasn't a little child, she didn't need to be babysitted. Krystal was 16 years old, just two years younger than her sister.

"Hey." Krystal looked at Tiffany from head to toe. "You are...?"

"Tiffany Hwang, Jessica's new friend." She greeted with a smile. 

"Friend?" Krystal repeated. "Did I hear correctly? a friend?" She started to laugh. "Jessica, you finally found yourself a friend?" 

"Ugh, Shut up Krys." Jessica glared at her sister. "She's not my friend, she just followed me home." 

Tiffany was hurt by Jessica's choice of words. Jessica noticed the frown on Tiffany's face. 

For once, Jessica was finally feeling bad for what she had said.

She wanted to apologise but the words just wouldn't come out.

"I'll leave...now.." Tiffany said weakly while looking at her feet.

She started to walk but was stopped by Jessica grabbing her wrist. "Wait.."

"Do you live far? It's getting dark." Jessica was worried, for once she was actually worried. "It's not safe for you to walk.. alone..."

"Yeah, I do live far from here....very far." Tiffany lied. Truth was she had no home. She had just fallen out of the sky, she didn't have time to find a place to live.

"You can stay here tonight." Jessica decided.

"Let's go." She pulled Tiffany up the stairs and into her room.

Jessica's room was pretty girly for the cold person she was. Her walls were pink, her king sized bed was wooden with pink pillows and blankets. She had a lot of stuffed animals as well. It was a big room for just one person. It had a walk in closet and a bathroom. 

Tiffany looked around. "Wow."

"It's big isn't it? haha." Jessica laughed and jumped onto her bed and laid there in a starfish position.

"Oh, I have a question." Tiffany walked over to Jessica but then stopped after noticing a mirror behind the girl and a long one right beside herself.

"What is it?" 

She distanced herself from the mirror before looking back to Jessica.

"Where are your parents?" She asked as she noticed it was only Jessica and her sister home. 

"They're busy most of the time. I only get to see them a few times a week." Jessica smiled sadly. 

"Oh..." Tiffany nodded. "Can I use the bathroom?"

Jessica nodded and pointed to the bathroom.

Tiffany entered the bathroom and made sure that the door was locked.

She sighed and closed her eyes as she slowly walked infront of the mirror. 

She opened her eyes to see her wings in the mirror's reflection but when she turned her head to see her back, her wings weren't there. 

Her wings only showed in reflections. "This is going to be risky..."  She thought as she opened the tap and splashed water on her face. 

"Why does she have so many mirrors?!"