Rumor and Friends

From the sky

A week had passed and Tiffany's time was running out. She only had a month to finish her quest and there was about 3 weeks left.

The school bell rang right when Ms.Lee finished handing back the marked tests. 

Tiffany smiled at her mark, knowing that she wouldn't fail anyways. Because she knew everything, she was perfect at everything.

"Hey Tiffany, what'd you get?" Hyoyeon, the girl sitting beside Tiffany, asked. 

Tiffany showed her eyesmile as she replied with a "100%" 

Hyoyeon gasped and turned to Seohyun. "Seohyunnie! what did you get on your test this time?"

"97%" She sighed, totally not satisfied with her mark this time. She usually gets 100% on all her tests.

"Someone got a higher mark than you Seohyun!" Hyoyeon still couldn't believe it. Seohyun was always the one that got the highest marks.

"WHAT?! WHO?!" Seohyun shouted in horror.

Tiffany looked confused but raised her hand so Seohyun could see.

Seohyun walked over to Tiffany and grabbed the test. She scanned the test, her eyes moving left and right and left and right. "No way!"
  
She dropped the test back onto the desk where Tiffany was. "How can this be... but.. you just joined our class a week ago..." 

Hyoyeon giggled at the confused Seohyun. "Don't worry about her." She says to Tiffany. "She's like this when anyone gets a higher mark than her."

Tiffany just nods. 

"Hey, wanna come hangout with us?" Hyoyeon offers.

Seohyun heard her and thought about it for a second. "..Yeah, come hangout with us, I want to be friends with the smart-" she stopped her speech after seeing the girl behind Tiffany. She then quickly went back to her desk and grabbed her bag. 

"Talk to you later." Hyoyeon whispered to Tiffany before leaving the room with Seohyun.

Tiffany pouted. "What..?" she turned around. "Oh, Hey Jessi." She smiled brightly at her friend.

Jessica let out a small laugh. "Sorry for scaring away your friends.."

"Why are they afraid of you?" Tiffany asked with a frown on her face.

"They aren't afraid of me, they just don't like me." Jessica simply replied as she picked up Tiffany's bag. 

"But why?" 

Jessica sighed. "Because of rumors, all the lies that Gyuri has spreaded."

Tiffany stood up from her seat and took her bag from Jessica's hand. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Jessica asked as she followed behind. "Ohno." Jessica knew what Tiffany was going to do right when they approached a group of friends. 

"Hey." Tiffany tapped Hyoyeon's shoulder to get her attention.

"O-oh hey Tiffany." She greeted.

"You said you wanted to hangout." Tiffany smiled. "I accept your offer but-"

"I'm going home, bye Tiff. " Jessica whispered and then rushed out of the school doors before Tiffany could even say bye. 

Hyoyeon and her friends stared at Tiffany. "So..let's go then?" Seohyun spoke up. 

The eight of them sat around a table at an ice cream shop. Tiffany sat between Hyoyeon and Seohyun.

"We never introduced ourselves to Tiffany yet." The oldest one, Taeyeon spoke up. "I'm Kim Taeyeon." she then signaled the girl next to her to speak.

"O-oh! Hi! I'm Lee Soonkyu but they just call me Sunny!" She introduced herself with a big smile on her face.

Tiffany could tell she was the hyper one of the group.

"We're in the same class, I don't think we need to introduce ourselves." Hyoyeon smiled. Tiffany nodded. 

They then skipped Hyoyeon and Seohyun's introductions. 

"My name's Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung. I don't really like new people but if you give me food then we'll talk." She said with a smirk then going back to her ice cream that was half way done already.  

"I'm Im Yoona." The pretty doe eyed one smiled shyly as she fiddled with the spoon in her hand.

"Her father is the president." Hyoyeon added. Tiffany's mouth fell open in shock.

Yoona shot a glare at Hyoyeon. "And we don't need to go around telling people that."

Hyoyeon smiled. "Sorry." she mouthed to Yoona. 

"Ahem." They all turned their attention to the slighty darker girl. "I'm Yuri, Kwon Yuri." She gave a cool nod to Tiffany, along with a smile.

Tiffany hummed as she stared at Yuri. "Hmm.. I've heard that name somewhere before..Oh!" 

"Captain of our girl's football team, right?" Tiffany asked.  

"How'd you know? Am I that popular?" 

"Yeah, I heard these girls talking about y- oh n-nevermind." She shook her head, not wanting to complete her sentence.

"Who were they?" Yuri's smile disappeared and her eyebrows moved closer to each other. 

Tiffany gulped, she could hear Hyoyeon do the same. 

Yuri placed both of her hands on the table and stood up. "Tell me who they were!" She shouted causing Sooyoung to drop her ice cream.

Tiffany was about to answer but Sooyoung's scream was faster.

"YAH!!!!!! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM KWON?! MY ICE CREAM!" 

"What! You dropped it on your own!" 

"BUY ME ANOTHER ONE!"

"YOU DROPPED IT ON PURPOSE DIDN'T YOU?

"I DID NOT!"

"YES YOU D-"

Yoona put her hand on Yuri's shoulder. "Yul, calm down!"

"I'll buy you another ice cream Sooyoung!" Tiffany told the girl.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!" Taeyeon shouted and everyone became quiet, power of the oldest. "People are staring, stop fighting."

Yuri sat down calmly. "Ok, Tiffany. Tell me."

"I think her name's Hyuna-"

"I knew it!" Yuri slammed her hand on the table causing it to make a big 'BAM'

Hyuna was the most 'popular' girl in school, or that's what she likes to think. She's a model, a famous one as well, she has many fanboys even fangirls because of her fame. Hyuna is a friend of Gyuri's, maybe that's where the evil comes from. Yuri and Hyuna used to be best friends but then one day, Hyuna just changed completely right after hearing a rumor that Yuri had a crush on her. Which wasn't true by the way and Yuri being on the football team didn't make it any better. Hyuna noticed how boyish Yuri was and decided to break their friendship. 

"I hate her." Yuri sighed. 

"I..have a question." Tiffany started. 

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked with a warm smile. 

"Jessica Jung, why do people hate her?"

Taeyeon's smile disappeared and she didn't dare to open , none of them did.

Sunny wanted to speak but Taeyeon gave her a look so she didn't. 

Tiffany pouted. "She's really nice, I don't understand wh-"

"Nobody really knows her." Sooyoung interuppted. "Because no one knows her, we don't know if rumors are true or not, she has no one to back her up."

Yuri nods. "I tried to talk to her once, she glared at me and told me not to talk to her."

Tiffany smiled a little. "She said that when I first talked to her....but when you really get to know her, she's really nice..and-"

Hyoyeon raised a brow. "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm just saying that she's really nice."

"Somebody has a crush on Jessica~" Sooyoung teased. 

Tiffany could feel her cheeks turn pink. "N-No I don't."

"You know what, Tiffany, invite her next time! We should all hangout together." Hyoyeon chuckled. 

"Guys! I-I don't like her like that." Tiffany stated as she exited the shop with the group. "I don't..... do I?" 

 

 


^__^ hi guys!! sorry for the crappy chapter and the lack of jeti T^T ill make sure there is lots of jeti in the next chapter!