Let's be together

Bad

Kai was soon kicked out of the house by the servants when Soo  Jin's father left for work.

 

"Where were you, Kai?" His mother approached him as he sat on their little beaten-up couch.

"No where."

His mother looked down at him and sighed, "Kai, I don't want you to have a hard life like me, so please, do your best in school."

Kai sat quietly.

That night, Kai sat up in bed and gazed down on his little brother, who was sleeping next to him. He played with his little brother; tickling him, making him stir around. Kai chuckled and whispered, "My little brother, Taemin."

He came closer to Taemin and pinched his cheeks softly. "Be good when you grow up, okay?"

After that, Kai came into his mother's room and sat by her bed. He brushed some hair out of her face and examined his old mother's wrinkling, old skin. He reached for her hands and cupped them by his cheeks, letting them wipe some of his tears that were slowly making its ways down. Then Kai leaned in to kiss his mother on the forehead.

"I'm sorry that I was never a good son to you." Kai whimpered.

And that night, Kai set out with his small bag of clothes and headed for Soo Jin's house.

 

When Kai reached her place, he jumped over their gate and climbed up to So Jin's room on the second floor.

He quietly tapped on the window to wake her up on the counter.

She stood awake and was in shock when she saw Kai. Soo Jin quickly ran to the window and opened it.

"Kai, what are you doing here?"

"Soo Jin, come with me."

"Why? Where are you going to go?"

"Soo Jin-ah, do you  want to come with me? If you do, then come now and let's run away from here." Kai gestured his hands towards the streets.

Soo Jin's eyes watered and took a deep breath in.

"I will go wherever you go, Kai."

 

_____________

The night was cold and the wind was feirce, but they made their way towards the train station. With the money that they brought, they moved to Hongdae, leaving Busan and their families.

They left everything and everyone behind to start their new life, where they could be together forever.

For the next two weeks, they busily searched for a place to live in, but at the mean time, they had to sleep outside on the streets.

Thankfully they were able to find a place after they offered all the money that had saved to lived in the basement of a drugger.

The beginning was tough, they had no more education, but they managed to live.

Day by day, they were happy because they had eachother, it didn't matter anymore how their life was like.

Soon enough, Kai was also able to find a job that paid enough for them to live. He was a dish washer at a restaurant.

Everyday and everynight Kai came home with soggy, damp fingers. He had to work for at least 8 hours or up to be able to help provide for them.

At the meantime, Soo Jin was also looking for a job, but she had it easier since she was into fashion and got a job at a clothes store.

 

__

After a year, they were blessed with a girl that they named So Hyun.

So Hyun made their lives a lot funner, but the need for money grew and soon Kai was working two jobs, while Soo Jin worked half a day, and the other half to watch their daughter.

Their daughter grew up splendidly, a quick learner and fast talker. She was a gift.