In the Beginning

Bad

The lights on my motorcycle flickers on and off; unable to come to a sense of stopping. The chipped, crystal clear glass that gleamed in the moonlight, some stained with specks of blood. I lay on the ground lifeless; on the verge of death. Who knew that death was so close to life, yet so far apart? I can hear the piercing sound of the sirens far away. I chuckled to myself.

Don't you just find it funny, that the last moments of your life are about retracing back every step you took from the beginning of everything? Although I must admit that my journey wasn't a really pleasant or an ideal one either. I didn't know what happened then, but now, I know everything. Everything is crystal clear to me, my life.

A tear escaped from my eye and slither down to the cold cement floors. 

Although I knew well that everything that happened was made by my own decisions, I just can't accept it.

'Let's see, I think it's time to retrace my steps and call it a day...'

 

~ ~

 

The light gleamed onto my face through the crack in the window. I shivered from the morning breeze and cuddled next to her. Taking in her beautiful scent, I look down to her peaceful face.

'So beautiful' I thought to myself. I lightly brushed my fingers along her nose, then to her cheeks, down to her chin.

She shook awake and stared at me confused, "Oppa, why are you bugging me?"

I laughed and snuggled her close to my chest, "It's nothing, you're just so beautiful."

"Really?"

"Yes, really, the prettiest person on earth."

"Oppa, what are we going to do now?" She looked down to our blankets covering us and blushed.

"Don't worry. We'll be together forever." I assured her.

 

~*~

As soon as I got home, my Mother gave me a lecture. She overthinks too much sometimes. But I always ignored her and pretended to listen so she would get it over with.

She says that she wanted me to be a better son. Someone who wouldn't cause much trouble, but I will only wave that thought off because she still has my little brother.

But no, she doesn't think like that, and every time we talked about it, she would get emotional and cry. And every time she cries, I would get fustrated and get madder. Why didn't she know that I didn't want her to suffer? As much as I wanted to watch over her, I still had Soo Jin. 

We started another heated argument. Repeating the same stuff over and over again. As I was yelling at my Mother, I took a glance to the hallway and there was my little brother watching us. He's only 7 years old, then, but he knew to keep quiet when told to and was very obedient.

After what seemed like a million years, I finally stormed off to my room and locked myself inside when I couldn't take her lectures anymore.