Plans, Bread, and Water

Monochrome Love (モノクあい/Monoku Ai)

**note: for those who have read it a whileago, please reread the last chapter. I changedstuff.

After school the following day, Soohyun sets out to find you again. He was excited that he had found someone like him; he thought he was alone in this world. It was almost a relief, knowing that he had someone to talk to without having to be cautious. Maybe we can escape this city together, he thinks. That would be nice.

            Luckily for Soohyun, he came across you in the same spot as yesterday. You were sitting against the wall, picking at your nails, not noticing Soohyun as he approached.

            “Hey SooAh.”

            “O-Oh. Hey Soohyun.” You say, surprised.

            “Whatcha doing?” Soohyun asks as he leans against the wall, standing next to you.

            “Nothing much. Just sitting here. What did you come here for?”

            “I don’t know. I guess it’s just nice to be able to talk freely with someone.” He shrugs.

            “Ah. I see. Well, take a seat if you’re going to be here for a while.”

            Soohyun slides down the wall until his rear touched the ground. He pulls something out from his satchel that he had brought with him.

            “Uh… here. I brought you this.” He says. He holds out to you a bottle of clean water and a small loaf of bread. You immediately snatch the much needed food from his hands.

            “Oh, thank you, so much!” You say happily. “This means a lot to me.” You give him a friendly hug, but release quickly so that you can begin to eat your newly acquired food.

            “You’re welcome…SooAh...” Soohyun blushes and smiles (not that you could even see him very well in the dark alley, anyways). He watches as you gratefully nibble away at the bread and sip the water. “So… I’ve been wanting to ask something.”

            “Ask away.” You say.

            “Have you ever thought about escaping? Like… leaving Elisium?”

            You pause your eating and think for a moment. “Yeah. I suppose so.”

            “Have you ever tried to escape?”

            “No. Have you?”

            “No. But, I have made plans for escape.” Soohyun grins.

            “What kind of plans?” You ask.

            “Well…. To be honest…” Soohyun rubs his neck, “I haven’t gotten very far with them. They’re kind of a work in progress.”

            “What do you have so far, though?”

            “Mostly just what I’ll need to bring with me to survive. What to do if I come across a city out there, and what to do if I don’t-“

            “Have you even figured out how you’re going to get out of Elisium?” You interrupt.

            “I… no.” Soohyun sighs.

            You finish eating the last piece of the bread. Then drink the last drop of water, and hand the water bottle back to Soohyun. “How come?”

            “I haven’t been able to get to that point yet. I’ve never been able to go out as far as by the city limits and find a hole in the system. It’s a long ways away you know.” Soohyun takes the water bottles and shoves it back into his bag.

            “True. Even I haven’t been out that far.” You tap your chin. “Have you ever thought about leaving?”

            “What do you mean by leaving?”

            “Leaving your family behind so that you can go to the city limits. That’s the only way you’ll be able to go; sneak out in the middle of the night, and start on your journey. I’m not sure exactly how far away it is, but it’s got to be a pretty long walk if I’ve never come across it before.”

            “It’ll be hard to do.”

            “Then I’ll come with you!”

            “You… you will?” Soohyun says, shocked.

            “Of course! I’ve got no where better to go, and if we can escape this confined city then we’ll have freedom for the rest of our lives. Plus, I have no reason to be here.” You explain, “ and the sooner I leave here the better. It increases my chances of living.” You wink.

            “Alright. When do you want to start?”

            “How about tomorrow night? Meet me here and we can be on our way.”

            “Sounds like a deal. I’ll see you tomorrow night then.”

            Soohyun stands up and says goodbye and begins on his way home. I’m finally going to be able to move forward in my escape plan, he thinks, and smiles big at the thought.

 

-----------------------------------

A/N: UPDATE!!  *does a happy dance*

You guys have no idea how much I miss Jaeseop right now orz.

Speaking of Jaeseop, As You Wish will hopefully be updated tomorrow >.> but don't hold me to my word on that.

JAESEOP COME BACKK SOONN BABE~~~~!!