Eyes

Monochrome Love (モノクあい/Monoku Ai)

In the afternoon the next day, something snags Soohyun’s attention. Light is reflecting off of something and shining in eyes. Looking across the alleyway, Soohyun makes eye contact of a person he has never met before; she, too, has a half-face mask. Her hair is long, and a dark, chocolate mousse color. Eyes, two black-plated spheres that one could get lost in; Soohyun already found himself doing so. But the figure vanished as she turned into a pitch-black alleyway. Soohyun regained his focus and headed towards home.

            “How was school today Soohyunnie?” Soohyun’s mother asks as he walks through the door.

            “It was good. Just like every other day.” He smiles.

            “Well that’s good! Do you have any homework?”

            “No mother, I don’t. May I please go out? I have something I want to do.”

            “Of course you can, but where is it you are going?”

            “Just for a walk around town.” Soohyun lies.

            “Alright, you have fun then! Be back in time for dinner, okay?”

            “Yes mother.”         

            As soon as his mother gave him the O-K, Soohyun bolts out of the door to go and find that alleyway where he had met with those lovely eyes. He looked down every alleyway as he made his way down the street. Finally finding the one where he remembered seeing the person, he took a right turn and began to walk down the narrow street. He took his earpiece out of his ear and stuffed it into his pants pocket, and then began to survey the area.

            For being a deserted alley, it was fairly tidy. Little garbage cluttered the passage, and any garbage dumps were empty. It was noticeably colder down the alley compared to the road, but Soohyun didn’t mind. He had on blue jeans, a t-shirt, and a black sweatshirt.

            Something sparkles in the corner of Soohyun’s eye again and he turns to see if he has found this mystery person. Sitting in the corner between the wall and a large garbage bin sat a small girl– you- the one from earlier. You are about his age, he could tell, but you’re still very tiny. Once you notice Soohyun’s presence, you jolt up onto your feet and sprint further down the alleyway.

            “Wait!” Soohyun calls out, chasing after you.

            You knock down smaller silver garbage cans as you run to try and block Soohyun from reaching you, but Soohyun merely jumps over them as if they were hurdles. In a last attempt to stop Soohyun, you pick up one of the bins and throw it backward at him. He holds his arms up in front of him, the bin ricocheting off of him and onto the ground. You reach a dead end, and Soohyun grabs your wrist as soon as he catches up to you.

            “Don’t touch me.” You say coldly.

            “Who are you?” Soohyun asks.

            “I can’t tell you.”

            “Fine. Well, my name is Shin Soohyun. Pleasure to meet you. Now why can’t you tell me?” 

            “I’m wanted by the government. I’m considered a criminal.”

            “Why are you wanted by the government?”

            “My knowledge. My strength. My personality. My emotions. They’re stronger than everyone else’s.” You say confidently.

            “Mine too.” Soohyun agrees immediately.

            “You too- what?”

            Soohyun pulls his earpiece out of his pocket and shows you.

            “See?” He says.

            “So you’re just like me…”

            “Yes, I am. But I must be smarter since I haven’t been caught by the government.” Soohyun teases.

            “Yah!”

            “Can you tell me your name now? I promise I won’t turn you in to the government. I believe everyone should be free like us.”

            “I guess. My name is SooAh. Lee SooAh.”

            “I like that name. SooAh. It’s similar to my name. Anyways, how long has the government been looking for you?”

            “About a year now…”

            “Mwoh? A year! How have you stayed hidden for so long? And survived?”

            “I manage. I’ve been living in this alleyway for the longest time, stealing expired foods from the garbage bins that the café on this street puts in there. For water, during the night I’d sneak out to the park at the end of the road and drink some from the lake.”

            “SooAh-ssi, you do know that you can get sick from doing that?”

            “Well, I haven’t gotten sick yet.”

            “Amazing,” Soohyun checks his watch and realizes he is going to be late for dinner. “I need to go. It’s nice meeting you, SooAh-ssi. It feels good to talk to someone with the same intellectuality as me. I’ll see you around.”

            “Goodbye, Soohyun-ssi. Take care.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I realize now that most of my chapters are going to be fairly short so I'm just going to stop apologizing for them being short after every chapter....yeah....

everytime i see this story i think of Kagamine Len's song "Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku". The theme of the song and the story are nothing alike, but the word 'monochrome' is what makes me think of it xD

GUYS REREAD THIS CHAPTER I CHANGED STUFF!!!

If you remeber when soohyun was chasing after the girl it said "she this" and "she that" well it says "you" now coz it was supposed to be "you" in the first place. So yeah there's "you" but your name in the story is still SooAh.

THanks guys!! I should be updating with chapter 4 tonight and if i don't then feel free to yell and me and call me a lazy (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧