Correction

Monochrome Love (モノクあい/Monoku Ai)

When morning dawned, Soohyun put a hand over his face to block the sun from shining in his eyes. As he rolls over onto his stomach, he pulls the earpiece out from under his pillow. Placing is securely back in his ear, he sighs. The bedroom closet consisted of very plain and simple clothes, all too similar to be able to care what you wear. “No one can have nicer clothes than another,” Soohyun mumbles to himself, remembering one of his many theories about Elisium.

 

“Good morning Soohyun!” His mother greets as he enters the kitchen to eat the breakfast his mother is preparing for him.

“Yes, good morning mother. How are you?” he replies.

“Very good, very good. And you?”

“Just as good.” Soohyun sits at the table and begins to eat before he has to go to school. This was his last year of school, and it was almost done; only a few weeks left. Being able to use his own mind, he had felt lots of excitement, a feeling most citizens have barely felt.

“Have a good day at school, honey!” she calls as Soohyun finishes his meal and heads out the door.

“Thank you mother!”

Soohyun’s mother stayed at home during the day, doing house chores. His father worked at the city’s large greenhouse, where all food and plants were grown (with no strange pesticides or chemicals) to feed the population. A very boring job, Soohyun thinks as he walks to his school.

 

As he walks down the pathway to the school, he sees a crowd surrounding the doorway in a panic. Approaching the crowd, he notices that there is a large log blocking the doorway. He pushes through the mess of people to get a closer look.

“What’s going on?” Soohyun asks one of his classmates.

“There is a log in the way and we are waiting for government officials to come and remove it.” The classmate states plainly.

“Okay. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

“This is simple.” He says to himself. Placing his hands on the underside of the log, he lifts it up. –BEEP! His earpiece goes off, scattering his thought. But he continues and pushes it over to the lawn. The crowd gasps in shock and awe at what he has just done. No person in Elisium was ever known to have such strength. Realizing what he had just done, Soohyun is frozen. If only that earpiece hadn’t interrupted my thoughts, I would have been smart enough to remember that I cannot display any of my secret abilities, Soohyun thinks to himself.

Soon enough, government officials arrive, and the student body explains what happens.

“Shin Soohyun? Where are you? Please come over to the government vehicle for questioning.” An official announces.

“Here.” Soohyun says when once he is standing by the vehicle.

“Yes, Soohyun. What was going through your mind when you did that? And let me see your arms.” Soohyun held his arms out and the lady felt and looked at them with a surprised look on her face.

“I’m not sure ma’am. I just saw the log and it was in the way, so I thought it would be right to move it.”

“How did you gain so much muscle in your arms? Are you hiding something from the government?”

“No ma’am I am not-“ –BEEP! Soohyun put a hand to his ear in pain.

“Do you remember what I just asked you?” She asked.

Truthfully he did, but if he said yes, the government would figure out his mind was something more.

“No ma’am. Will you please repeat it?”

“How did you get that arm muscle?”

“That I do not know ma’am.”

“Are you being honest?”

“Yes ma’am. I am being honest.”

“Well, honest or not, we need you to come back with us. Get in the back seat, please.”

“Yes ma’am.”

Soohyun knew where they were taking him: the Correction Center. It was the place where he had gotten his mask when he was 12. He wasn’t sure what they were going to do to him this time, but he made sure to stay calm.

Once they arrived, Soohyun was put to sleep by breathing in a sweet smelling blue chemical.

 

When Soohyun awoke, he found himself back at home, lying in his bed. He sat up to examine what the workers at the Correction Center had done to him. Reaching his hand up to check his face for changes, he felt something constraining his arm. Around his wrists were metal bracelets. Each bracelet weighed down his arms, preventing him from lifting too much more than the weight of the bracelets. “No one must be stronger than another.” Soohyun said, stating a new theory. Soohyun checked the time on the clock, which read 8:30pm. A dreary feeling came over him; he decides to go to sleep early. Again, he removes the ever-annoying earpiece, and hopes for a better day tomorrow.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: The story seems a little slow going so far but it will get better c: This chap is kinda short too.... oh well^^ its an update right?

I drew a picture of Soohyun with his mask today in school! Here it is:

the only thing I can't draw is eyes OTL xD and btw... those little dots on the mask are actually little squares... trust me. it looks cooler when you know they're squares D: ahah. think of the front of it as looking like a silver microchip (that was my goal ==") and the "left half-face mask" i know when you look @ it its on the right BUT from Soohyun's POV it's the left. so. don't question me.