Secrets Exposed

Criminal Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Secrets Exposed

 

 

 

 

The boy reached up and lingered his fingertips along his lower lip, frowning as he stared out of the window. It had been a few days since he last saw the criminal, but he never seemed to leave the boy's mind. He was constantly on it; questioning and wondering what the criminal was doing and if the criminal had thought about him like he constantly does. Was it sin? Was Daehyun sinning to love and wonder and to think about a criminal? A blood criminal who found the deepest amount of pleasure in torturing innocent people? Was is it a sin; letting his heart take the best of him? Or was it fate playing a cruel game of chicken?

He was scared, honestly. He knew everyone knew about him; knew the impact the criminal had made. The criminal had spared his life not 2 weeks ago and Daehyun has still managed to be on the front page of the newspaper. It was bothersome, actually. His friends won't leave him alone; asking questions about how the criminal was like up close. The high-school students at his school won't stop contacting him, demanding answers and demanding friendships; friendships Daehyun never wants. It was because he was on the front page of the newspaper, wasn't it? In other words, Daehyun knows it'll make them feel better about themselves if they're famous with at least one famous person.

Please, don't flatter yourself...Daehyun thought as he let out a deep sigh. What the hell are you trying to pull?

Daehyun knew it was all a lie. Right from the beginning, he knew they'd automatically swarm him and flood him with questions if he stepped foot out of his house. It's not like he could, anyways. He's still trying to recover from the wound in his thigh. His doctor claimed he'll be on crutches for a while because the knife practically tore his thigh muscle apart with just one .

This guy knows how to handle a knife pretty well...Daehyun opened his eyes and looked out of the window across from him. Where is he...? I wonder what he's going...

He was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts when someone suddenly ran into his room, startling the teenager, who stared at the intruder with eyes. It took less than a second to recognize who it was. Choi Junhong--or Zelo, he preferred--, Jongup's best friend.

"It's so good to finally be able to meet you!" The younger beamed, grabbing Daehyun's hand and shook it a bit wildly, a wide smile plastered on his face. Daehyun blinked, stunned by the boy's sudden intrusion and happiness, which seemed to slightly annoy him.

"Leave him be, Zelo." Jongup slapped his friend out side of the head as he entered the room, tossing his jacket on to a chair. "I know meeting a famous person--" He grinned when Daehyun shot him a look. "--is pretty thrilling but enough." He said. Zelo pouted but nodded, reluctantly pulling away from Daehyun, who sighed deeply.

"What are you doing here?" He said, letting his annoyance slip accidentally into his tone.

"Oh, grumpy much?" Jongup teased with a cocked eyebrow, earning a look from the older. "Okay, okay." He held up his hands in surrender. "We need to show you something. It's on the news." He said.

"I don't care about the news." Daehyun quickly replied.

"Oh, you'll care about it alright." Jongup grabbed the remote and the TV. "Due to the fact a citizen caught you and Yongguk making out at your window a few nights ago!" He said. Daehyun's eyes flew open and he looked at the TV screen, watching the reporter ask a female questions.

"Yes, I ah...It was pretty early in the morning and the sun was already up. I was out on my morning jog and I usually bring my camera because I like taking pictures of the sunsets in the mornings since I'm a photographer. Well, anyways, I stopped at bench to rest for a minute and I look up, seeing a big, white house with a man in front of the window. At first I thought it was a bugler so I stayed put to watch what would happen. I couldn't really see so I quietly moved to the bench across the street where they were and aimed my camera. I zoomed in and I was...quite shocked to see Bang Yong Guk, the criminal, and the guy he spared, Jung Daehyun, casually chatting in the window like nothing really happened between them." The young female answered the male reporter. She looked like she was in her 20's.

"Please, do tell me, she's wrong!" Jongup said, turning to Daehyun as he slightly yelled. Daehyun glanced down and tightly closed his eyes shut.

"Do you have your camera with you?" The male reporter asked and the female nodded, grabbing her camera out of her tote-bag.

"Nae, I do. I took a picture of the two when they were chatting just in the right moment. Yongguk had reached up and grabbed Daehyun and kissed him and  I caught t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter