Home

8finite: Part 3 Hoya's Story

 

            Shelly still looked shocked that they all cared about her so much. Hoya watched her eyes widen and fill up with tears when Sungjong actually cried while he hugged her goodbye.

            Every member took a turn hugging her and telling her to hurry back to them before they had to leave for the airport. Shelly hadn’t told Julia that she was leaving yet and they were planning to meet them at the airport. Sunggyu and Julia’s plane left a little before Shelly’s.

            When they finally found Julia and Sunggyu they were arguing about their luggage.

            “Well why did you put it all the way at the bottom?” Sunggyu was asking.

            “Because it’s revealing. Of course I hid it down deep,” she said with her hands on her hips. “Do you keep your underwear on the top of your bag?”

            “Maybe I do.”

            “I call your bluff,” Julia shouted as she grabbed his bag and tried to open it.

            “Yah! Get out of there.” He grabbed her hands and she pouted at him.

            “Are you mad at me?” She asked seriously.

            “No I’m not mad. How many times do I have to tell you,” he sighed as he brushed her hair behind her ear.

            “Mad about what? Trouble in paradise already guys?” Shelly asked as her and Hoya finally reached them.

            Julia smiled brightly and hugged them both before grabbing Shelly and pulling her off to the side.

            “What did you do Jules?”

            “Nothing. I did absolutely nothing,” she said with a frown. “Last night after we got to the hotel room… I kinda… fell asleep.”

            Shelly could hardly contain her laughter and Julia covered her cousin’s mouth to stop her.

            “Is that really bad? He went to go get the clothes you helped me pick out and he took so long I just passed out,” she said sheepishly.

            “No it’s fine Jules. Trust me he isn’t mad at you. It was a long day. The probably wouldn’t have been very good anyway.”

            “Shhhh… jeez Shelly. Language.”

            Shelly just laughed at her innocent cousin and hugged her again.

            “Why did you guys want to meet here anyway? You came to see us off?” Julia asked brightly.

            “That and I’m going back home.”

            “What? No you aren’t. You can’t leave,” Julia nearly screeched in the middle of the airport.

            “I’m going to come back Jules. I promise. I just need to settle things at home first. I even left Ghost behind. Sungjong said he’d take good care of her.”

            Julia was no longer screeching, but she danced around impatiently like an upset child. Shelly brought her in for another hug, but she also just needed the moment to collect herself so she wouldn’t cry.

            “Don’t worry about me,” Shelly said firmly as she looked into her cousin’s big brown eyes. “And don’t worry about yourself either. You are going to rock that man’s world.”

            Julia snorted as she looked over at her husband. He was standing with Hoya and they seemed to be having some serious conversation.

            “I am going to want the details when I get back.”

            Julia just made a face. She was definitely nervous about her first time with Sunggyu, but as far as Shelly was concerned she had nothing to worry about. Sunggyu loved her. She was sure he’d take good care of her.

            “We’ll make it a fair exchange okay? You’ll tell me yours and then I’ll tell you mine,” Shelly said with a wink. She didn’t want to let on that her story wouldn’t be bright and cheery. Even though Julia heard her comment at the club about everything not being sunshine and rainbows. She didn’t want anything to ruin her cousin’s first time with her husband; especially not her sad story.

            “Can we eat ice cream and braid each other’s hair too,” Julia asked excitedly. Shelly knew that her ridiculous cousin was only half joking. That was probably exactly what would happen.

            Shelly laughed and pulled her in for a fourth hug. She felt better just planning to tell her cousin. Hoya was right that hiding was only hurting herself.

            “Yes we can but only if we are both wearing pajamas and are under a tent made of blankets and chairs,” Shelly answered with a laugh.

            The newlyweds flight time was arriving quickly so the girls made their way back to the guys.

            “Hoya, I want you to take care of all the guys while we are gone,” Julia said as she pointed a stern finger at him.

            “I already talked to Sunggyu hyung about it, noona. I’ll keep a close eye on them. Just have fun and stop worrying so much,” Hoya said with sigh.

            Julia kissed him on the cheek and ruffled his hair. “We’d all be lost without you Hoya.”

            Sunggyu reached out and ruffled Shelly’s curly hair. “Be good.”

            “Be good? That’s all you’ve got?” Julia asked her husband with a disapproving frown.

            Sunggyu was about to protest when Shelly suddenly hugged him. He patted the back of her head and beamed at Julia around Shelly’s hair.

            “Thank you for everything Sunggyu. Take care of my cousin while I’m gone,” she said before backing up and giving him serious eyes like she did during her maid of honor speech.

            Hoya and Shelly waved goodbye to the newlyweds and were left alone until it was time for Shelly to leave.

            They sat most of the time holding hands and talking. They talked about things they were going to do when she came back. Hoya wanted to take her on a proper date. Shelly wanted to see the Han River up close and personal. They talked about where they would eat and what kind of movies they’d go see. The whole conversation was exciting, but it was bittersweet because Shelly didn’t know when she’d be able to come back.

            Shelly leaned her head on his shoulder as the time to leave drew nearer. When her flight was called for boarding she squirmed in annoyance like Julia might.

            She stood and looked in Hoya’s sad eyes. She suddenly felt regret even though she knew this was something she had to do.

            “Hoya, don’t look at me like that I have to do this,” Shelly choked out as she tried not to cry. She suddenly felt panicky at the thought of leaving him.

            “I’m going to miss you,” he said quietly. She was surprised to see the start of tears in his eyes.

            “I’ll be back soon,” she promised as her hands went to his face. His eyes were still so sad.

            She held her hand over his eyes so she couldn’t see them anymore. Tears ran down her own face as she leaned in and kissed his unsuspecting lips. She felt moisture from his own tears on the palm of her hand. She pulled away and was already turned to leave before she removed her hand. She ran away from him towards the terminal. God why am I crying so much?

            Because I love him. I am madly in love with Hoya.

            She came to a sudden stop when the realization hit her. In the matter of three weeks she had managed to face her past, stop hiding from herself, and best of all; she’d fallen in love.

            She was about to turn to run back to him so she could tell him just that, when his arms came around her. She felt his warm body against her back as he hugged her from behind. One of his arms held her around her middle and the other wrapped around her shoulders. She let out a heavy sigh and rested her nose and cheek on his fore arm.

            Her eyes were closed when he brought his face to the side of hers and put his lips to her ear.

            “I love you,” he whispered. His voice saying those words sent her heart racing.

            She turned in his arms and kissed him again. She kissed him as many times as she could in the minute she had left to board the plane.

            “You have no idea how much I love you,” she told him as she looked seriously into his eyes. They were less sad now. She smiled at him before she turned and ran from him again. It took every ounce of her willpower to not run back into his arms and forget all about America entirely.

            She was going to miss her real home and her real family.

 

            Hoya had felt an emptiness since the day Shelly left like he had never experienced before. He wasn’t depressed. He just felt like part of him was missing. It was early March when she left and the month went by painfully slow.

            The first week was the worst. For almost two days he had no contact with Shelly at all. She was on the plane for ages and then when she got home she tried to call him, but her mom hadn’t paid the phone bill. Shelly got it turned back on the next day and called him immediately. The call was full of ‘I miss you’s’ and other corny stuff that Hoya couldn’t get enough of.

            After a week of random phone calls Shelly got his gifts in the mail. He would have gotten them for her while she was still in Korea but he didn’t have time. She had given him no warning.

            It was eight days after she left that he sat in front of the computer in the main room and waited for her to contact him. Julia and Sunggyu had just gotten back from their trip that day and the main room was a mess with people.

            The guys were currently moving a large mattress into Sunggyu’s room while Julia watched red faced.  Hoya entertained himself with talking to her while he waited anxiously.

            “Why did you guys come back with a mattress?” Hoya asked with genuine curiosity.

            “Sunggyu says that he is sentimental,” Julia mumbled.

            “It’s the mattress from your hotel room isn’t it?” Hoya asked with a grimace.

            “You brought back the mattress you guys had on?” Sungyeol asked with a laugh. Julia ran up and started hitting and yelling at him while the guys holding the mattress dropped it as if there were bugs crawling on it now.

            “Alright listen,” Sunggyu yelled impatiently. Julia somehow turned redder as he loudly explained his weird actions to the others. “I didn’t want Julia’s first time to be on some dirty old used mattress so I called the hotel weeks ago and requested that they procure us a brand new bed and bedding. It isn’t dirty we are the only ones who have ever used it and this is our bed now. I love this bed. I have very special feelings towards this bed and the woman I will continue to sleep with in it. Now help me bring it to our room or I’m taking away computer privileges for the next three months.”

            Hoya got up quickly and helped Sunggyu carry the mattress to the room. He could not lose computer rights. Not when he could finally use it to see Shelly.

            When he came back to the main room Sungjong was smiling and poking noona as she slapped his hands away. She looked mortified by Sunggyu’s tirade. When Hoya got back to the computer he saw that Shelly was finally ready.

            When she finally appeared on the screen they both just stared at each other for a minute. You couldn’t wipe the smile off Hoya’s face if you tried.

            “Hi,” Shelly said with a wave.

            “Hi,” Hoya said back with a wave of his own.

            “Hoya this is wonderful, but you seriously bought me a laptop! I could barely figure out how to use this thing. I needed to ask another customer for help.”

            “A customer?”

            “I’m at Starbucks,” she said with a laugh. “You think I have internet access at my house? The phone wasn’t even on when I got home.”

            “I didn’t think of that,” he said sheepishly.

            “And Hoya! You bought me a phone! This thing is bigger than my face,” she said as she held it up next to her face as proof. Hoya chuckled and rested his head in his hand as he watched her with a smile. “Once again I don’t know how to use this thing either. It’s a touch screen and I guess I have big fingers or something because I keep hitting things I don’t want to and sometimes the screen suddenly magnifies when I touch it. What ever happened to pressing buttons? Are buttons not cool anymore? I’m not complaining though. Well I guess I am, but not because I don’t like this stuff. It’s all wonderful, but you didn’t have to buy me these things.”

            “I’m rich. I’ll buy you things if I want to.”

            “Is that Shelly?” Julia asked as she finally settled in the house and noticed the computer.

            “Oh good Jules is there,” Shelly exclaimed.

            “What am I not good enough for you now?” Hoya asked glumly.

            Shelly just laughed as Julia came up behind Hoya and leaned on his sad shoulders.

            “Hey Jules do me a big favor. Give that handsome man in front of you a hug for me.”

            “Okay,” Julia exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around Hoya’s neck and hugged him from behind. She squeezed him tight.

            “That’s good,” Shelly said not sounding entirely satisfied. “He still looks sad though rub his back a little.

            “Okay,” Julia exclaimed again as she began rubbing Hoya’s back with an adoring smile.

            “Okay now grab his ,” Shelly demanded with a mischievous smile.

            “Yah!” Hoya and Julia both yelled at Shelly as she cackled in the middle of a coffee shop half way across the world.

            “I miss you guys so much,” Shelly laughed out as she wiped happy tears from her eyes. “The place must be pretty dull without me right?”

            “It has been soooo boring,” Sungjong shouted as he slid over to the computer. He crowded around it with them. “When are you coming back?”

            “Yeah when are you coming back?” Dongwoo and Myungsoo yelled as they crowded into the picture too. Shelly was laughing again as she watched them push each other around.

            “Get the other three in there. I want to see you all again.”

            When everyone was squeezed into the frame Shelly nearly started to cry. She took in a deep breath before leaning forward and kissing the camera. When she moved back it was marked with her lip gloss and they could barely see her until she wiped it down.

            “She has y lips,” Sungyeol whispered to no one in particular.

            Hoya tried to reach him to smack him, but he ran away. The rest of the guys started to drift away from the screen and Hoya could finally talk to her again.

            “When are you coming back?” He asked seriously.

            “Soon I hope,” she said with a sigh. “I’m still trying to get my mom in a long term treatment program. I took her to a doctor and I think she has more problems in the head then I realized.”

            “I’m sorry.”

            “It’s fine,” she said with a shrug. “I’ve been trying to get a hold of my father but I’ve had no luck there. But as long as I can get my mom help I think I’ll be content enough to leave this country in the dust. That is if you’ll still have me.”

            She smiled at him and batted her lashes; knowing full well that he still wanted her. She gave him a few flirty winks and kissy faces to amuse herself as he just shook his head at her.

            “Hoya,” she suddenly whined as she looked at her watch. “The coffee shops closing. I’ll try to get this all set up earlier next time.”

            “Tomorrow?”

            “I can’t wait,” she said with a grin.

            She suddenly turned her head to the side and beckoned at some person in the coffee shop.

            “Sir, can you help me shut this thing off. I don’t know how.” There was a moment of silence and Shelly rolled her eyes at Hoya.

            “Try the power button,” Hoya suggested.

            “Try the power button,” Hoya heard the worker say down at her with an exasperated sigh.

            “Hey you watch your tone when you talk to my girlfriend,” Hoya shouted close to the microphone.

            Shelly’s eyes were wide and her smile wider as she looked up at the worker.

            “Yeah you heard my boyfriend. You treat me like the lady I am,” she sassed him like she was a snotty teenager. As soon as the guy left she collapsed on the table laughing. Hoya beamed at her. He hadn’t even planned to call her his girlfriend. The word had just slipped out naturally.

            Shelly looked back to the screen with a purely blissful smile on her face.

            “I’ll talk to you soon boyfriend,” she said with a wink and a giggle before the screen went dark. 

             

            The next couple weeks went by faster as they spent more time talking on the computer and on the phone. When Hoya’s birthday came around he couldn’t help but be sad, though. Not only was she not going to be there to share it with him, but he hadn’t been able to reach her for more than a day.

            Julia was blowing up balloons in the main room and watched him pace back and forth. She was on her seventh straight balloon when she finally seemed exasperated in more ways than one.

            “Hoya, please stop pacing. I’m sure she is just busy,” she tried to sooth him.

            Sunggyu walked up to Hoya and gripped his shoulders. “She is a big girl and she knows karate. I’m sure she’s fine.”

            The rest of the group was sitting in the main room now and waited for Hoya to sit in front of his cake. Julia lit all the candles and Myungsoo shut the lights off.

            “Come on Hoya sit down with us,” Julia called to him with a whine.

            He sat down in front of the cake heavily and went just to blow the candles out, but Julia covered his mouth to stop him.

            “We are singers Hoya,” she said incredulously. “You are really going to deny us the right to sing you happy birthday?”

            “Alright noona make it quick.”

            They began singing the song as loudly as a bunch of drunks. Hoya rested his head in his hand and slumped in front of the cake like a grumpy child.

            When the song came to a crescendo everyone was grinning at him stupidly before his eyes were covered from behind.

            His breath caught in his throat.

            “Make a wish,” Shelly whispered into his ear.

            He straightened and struggled to turn his head, but she held him in place.

            “Make a wish,” she demanded.

            He quickly made a wish and blew out the candles. The room was immersed in darkness and he didn’t wait for the lights to grab Shelly and pull her into his lap. They were both laughing as her new position caused her to kick some of the band mates that sat nearby.

            When the lights turned back on everyone started clapping and cheering at the kissing couple. Hoya looked down into her green eyes as they sparkled up at him.

            “How? When?” Hoya asked.

            “I got in a few hours ago. They snuck me in when you weren’t looking. I’ve been in Jules room well I guess it’s my room now. I heard you were very concerned about me,” she said before kissing him quickly on the lips. He had missed that feeling.

            “Are you back for good?”

            “I got my mom in treatment. I didn’t find my dad, but that’s his loss. I didn’t want to waste anymore time. Do you really think I’d miss my boyfriend’s birthday to hunt down my deadbeat dad?”

            “I have the best girlfriend,” Hoya said with a grin.

            “Nope. It’s too much,” Woohyun shouted as he threw his hands in the air. “I’m out. Happy birthday Hoya, but I need to go for a walk or something.”

            Julia was about to run after him when the phone rang. She ran over to it and answered it impatiently.

            “Hoya it’s your mother,” Julia said as she turned to him with a worried expression.

            Shelly climbed out of his lap and held his hand as he grabbed the phone. Everyone watched anxiously when he listened to his mother.

            “Okay mother. I’ll be there right away,” Hoya said quietly as he grasped at Shelly’s hand.

            When he hung up the phone everyone looked at him with pure concern in their eyes.

            “He woke up,” Hoya said quietly.

            Shelly went to hug him at the same time as Julia did and he found himself being squeezed painfully by both women. He didn’t mind the pain.

            He went to put his shoes and coat on and turned to Shelly.

            “Aren’t you coming with me?”

            She looked at him with wide scared eyes.

            “Are you sure that’s a good idea? He won’t like me and who knows he might have another . I don’t want to kill anyone, Hoya.”

            “You don’t have to meet him today if you don’t want to, but will you come with me?”

            She was over to him in a heartbeat. They got ready quickly and left for the hospital. When they finally got to the room Shelly waited in the hall. She gave him a supportive hug and a smile before he went in.

            Only his mother was there at the moment and she smiled at her husband adoringly and held his hand. When Hoya entered the room her eyes lit up.

            “Howon, your father is awake,” she exclaimed brightly.

            Hoya looked at his father, but his stare was a little blank. He didn’t look at him with disapproval or a scowl he just stared at his wife as she spoke.

            “Is he alright?”

            “Well the doctor’s say that some of the effects of the can last for awhile. He hasn’t spoken yet, but he hears just find. He just needs time,” she said self assuredly. She sounded a little delusional, but Hoya didn’t say anything as he approached his father’s bedside.

            “Hello father,” he said with a question in his voice.

            His dad turned his head and looked at him. He saw recognition in his eyes and his mouth seemed to get a little bit grimmer.

            “That’s better,” Hoya chuckled with a shake of the head. “Actually it’s good that you can’t speak right now because I have a few things I want to say and for once I’d like it if you just listened,” he said firmly.

            “I’m happy dad. I am very successful and I am doing something that I love to do. I love my band, I love our music, and I love dancing. I don’t regret dropping out of school to follow my dreams because I have everything I’ve ever wanted. I even have a girlfriend now.”

            His mother gasped a little and smiled.

            “You guys might not like her so I wouldn’t get too excited,” he said with a smile. “But if you don’t that is your problem. You’re the fools not me. She is here right now in the hallway supporting me. She is beautiful, she’s funny, she’s caring, she’s smart, she’s strong and she loves me as much as I love her.”

            Hoya’s mom was crying now and his father’s scowl had deepened and his eyes were harder.

            “I am the happiest I’ve ever been. My life is nearly perfect. The only thing I am missing is loving and understanding parents. But that mostly just goes for you, dad,” Hoya said a little coldly as he stared back into his father’s eyes. “I have tried to get your approval and your love, but I came here today to tell you that I’m done trying. A child should never have to try to earn their parents love. You are supposed to love your family no matter what. I still love you dad, but I’m done trying to get you to love me back.”

            “I am so glad that you are okay and I hope to visit you often and watch you make a full recovery. I hope that one day you will be willing to meet my girlfriend because she is going to be here. She will always be with me now. I hope that one day you can attend our wedding and accept her as your daughter.”

            Hoya stood and walked to the door before he said the hardest part.

            “But don’t think for one minute that I give a if you disapprove of her,” he said sternly. His eyes were as dark and unrelenting as his father’s as he stared into his face. His mother had gasped when he swore, but his words seemed to have at least registered with her.

            “I apologize for my language mother and I will see you both soon,” he said quietly before leaving the room.

            When he closed the door he nearly collapsed into Shelly’s waiting arms. He leaned his head on her shoulder and breathed deep breaths of her comforting scent.

            She was running her fingers through his hair and swaying him a little side to side when the door opened and Hoya’s mother stepped out. Shelly separated herself with wide eyes. Hoya grabbed her hand so she wouldn’t bolt.

            “Howon, I am so sorry,” his mother cried as she hugged him. “I know he can be terrible. I am so sorry that you get the worst of it.”

            “It isn’t your fault mother,” he said quietly as she backed away.

            “Is this the lovely girlfriend you were telling us about,” she asked as she smiled at Shelly. Hoya felt an overwhelming joy bubble up inside of him that at least his mother was accepting Shelly.

            “Yes, this is my girlfriend Shelly.”

            “I am so happy to meet you,” his mother said as she took her hand. Shelly’s eyes were still wide and disbelieving. “I know that we just met, but can I ask something of you?”

            Shelly looked to Hoya and he gave her a slight shrug. He had no idea what she wanted.

            “I will help as best I can,” Shelly answered tremulously. Hoya smiled a little at her nervousness. She was cool and confident usually, but she became a little girl in front of authority figures.

            “Can you keep a close eye on my Howon? He says that you love him very much and I really hope that is true. I would like it very much if you could take care of him. I have always wanted to be there for him more.”

            “I plan to take very good care of your son. He takes very good care of me,” she said seriously.

            His mother smiled and looked to Hoya. “I like her very much Howon,” she said as if Shelly wasn’t standing there anymore. “I am very proud of you. Of all of your accomplishments,” she said seriously.

            “Thank you,” Hoya said as tears filled his eyes. He bent down and hugged his mother tight and Shelly had to hold back her own tears.

            “Hopefully soon your father will be well enough to meet Shelly too,” She said before patting Hoya’s cheek and disappearing back into the room.

            Hoya took in a deep breath and looked to Shelly.

            “Please don’t cry,” he pleaded.

            “I’m just so happy,” she said as she wiped away her tears.

            “You’re such a girl,” he chuckled.

            “You’re a girl! I saw how your eyes were all watery because your mommy loves you,” she countered with a laugh.

            Hoya rolled his eyes and grabbed her hand before heading down the hall.

            “Where are we going now?” Shelly asked with a grin.

            “Our home,” he said simply.

            Our home.

 

*

**

***

****

*****

******

*******

********

*******

******

*****

****

***

**

*

 

Preview for Part 4 Chapter 1. Link to the rest at the bottom.

 

                       Woohyun had already been jealous in the first place. He was jealous before Sunggyu and Julia were ever even officially dating. Woohyun had a crush on Julia, but she was Sunggyu’s so he put that crush behind him. He was fine with watching them being cute and happy together. But instead of just feeling happy for them it reminded him of how lonely he was.

            Then there was the maknaes. Woohyun wasn’t gay, but he was jealous of them too. They were making out and giggling in every room of the house. They were both happy and cute and lovey all the time. They had found someone to share themselves with completely. They spent countless nights wrapped up in each other’s arms. That was all Woohyun wanted was to hold a girl that he loved in his arms.

            Hoya and Shelly was the last straw. When he watched them kissing each other in front of that birthday cake he just felt depressed. That birthday wish was wasted on Hoya. He had everything he needed now. Sure he didn’t have great parents like Woohyun’s, but Hoya had someone to grow old with. He found that other person that makes him complete. Hoya was whole now. Whatever issues he faced in the future would be shared with that other person. They were a team. Woohyun loved Shelly and wanted her there. He loved that Hoya was happy. But Woohyun couldn’t help but be sad.

            When is it my turn? 

            Woohyun was 21 and never had a serious girlfriend. He was thinking about his past flings as he walked aimlessly through the night lit city. He thought about the girls he had found at the wedding reception. They were mostly trainees. They were nice and often absolutely beautiful, but he didn’t feel a spark. He felt hopeless.

            As he was walking it began to rain. The drops of water fell heavily on his head as if beating his sadness into him further. The rain was cold and sent a shiver down his spine. He walked through it at first, but he was so sick of everything.

            Woohyun stopped to stare angrily at the darkened sky as it rained relentlessly onto him.

            “What is your problem with me!” he yelled up at the sky like a crazy person.

            “Who are you talking to?” he heard a female voice say with a cute chuckle.

            He looked to the side to see he had stopped in front of a bus stop. Standing under the protective shelter was a girl. She looked like a student of some sort; most likely college by the looks of her. Her black hair was cut short and just barely brushed her shoulders. She was wearing a bright blue rain coat and pink rain boots covered in yellow ducks. She was squinting at him through her clearly prescription eyeglasses.

            “I don’t know,” he sighed as he realized how silly he must have looked to this stranger.

            “You’re getting drenched. If you’re waiting for the bus you can stand next to me,” she offered brightly. That brightness brought him over to her and out of the cold rain.

            When he was closer to her she looked into his face with a shy smile, but then her smile became a gasp.

            “Are you Woohyun? Nam Woohyun from Infinite?” She backed away from him a little as if afraid.

            Woohyun couldn’t help but smile despite his sour mood. He loved their fans. He had a soft spot in his heart for the timid ones like her especially. A lot of fans would have practically attacked him and would have started flirting with him if they caught him alone on a dark street at night.

            He instantly liked her more for being respectful and shy. It didn’t hurt that she was an exceptionally cute fan too. She looked at him in disbelief like she couldn’t believe he was real.

            “Yes I am,” he answered with a charming smile. His greasiness wasn’t in full effect, but his heart was immediately warmed to her. “Are you a fan?”

            “Y-yes,” she stammered cutely. “Isn’t everyone? You guys are daebak!”

            He chuckled at her and felt his mood become even lighter.

            “Do you have a favorite member?”

            It was a question he asked a lot of fans. It was usually easy to read their reactions. Some girls stammered before lying and saying it was him. Others unabashedly admitted they liked one of the others. And then there were those that quickly said his name.

            This girl shyly looked away and shook her head like she didn’t want to say. It’s probably not me then.

            “You can tell me. I won’t be mad if it’s someone else.”

            “Since day one I really liked Sungyeol,” she started saying and Woohyun’s heart sank in a way it didn’t usually when a fan named another member. God, I’m pathetic.

            “But then I actually started noticing you more…” she continued looking down at her feet.

            “Really?” he said trying not to sound too excited. Still being pathetic, Woohyun. “Why do you like me more now?”

            She shuffled in place uncomfortably. He moved closer to her and bent down so he could try to look in her face as she stared downward. 

            “Well at first I just thought you were a big greaseball,” she said and covered her face in shame. He threw his head back laughing and she peeked at him in surprise. What does she expect me to be mad at her?

            “So you are saying I’m not just a big greaseball?”

            “You’re still very greasy don’t get me wrong,” she said seriously. The shock of actually talking to him was fading and she was just having an honest conversation now. “But lately in interviews and on shows you have seemed a little… I don’t know… sad.”

            He nodded his head to himself as she waited for his response. He was trying to hide his recent depression with his silliness. He had thought it was working.

            “So now you like me more because I’m sad?” He asked with a light hearted chuckle.

            “It’s weird. Your being sad just naturally made me sad. When you were especially happy it just made me happy too,” she said with a bright smile and a shrug. Woohyun heard her honest words and looked at her joyous smile and felt his heart flutter.

            He grinned back at her and she suddenly blushed and turned her face from him. She was becoming shy again right before his eyes.

            “Do you want an autograph?” He asked to distract her from her thoughts.

            Her smile was one of the most delightful he had ever seen. He saw nearly ever tooth in . Her eyes glinted at him as they narrowed. Her slightly chubby cheeks smoothness was suddenly interrupted by a cute dimple on each side of . He noticed with surprise that her face was slightly heart shaped. What are the chances?

            She searched through her bag for something franticly as if he might disappear on her all of a sudden.

            He noticed her green bag had an intricate floral design on it that looked like she did it herself with black marker. If she did it herself then she wasn’t only cute, but talented too. He was going to ask her about it, but she seemed busy at that moment. She had to keep pushing her glasses up as she searched quickly with her head down.

            “It’s okay. Take your time,” he chuckled.

            “I don’t know what to have you sign,” she complained with a cute frown. He thought of Julia for a second and the way that she had started purposely pouting to get to Sunggyu. Woohyun had to admit he liked the pouting too. But unlike Julia with her put upon pouts this girl’s endearing behavior felt genuine. She wasn’t trying to be cute like most of their fans did when he met them. She has no idea how cute she is.

            “What are my options?”

            “I have my math exam that I got a C on, a sample tax form, my accounting book, a flyer for a new karaoke restaurant that opened up near my house, and a brown paper bag,” she finished with her shoulders slumped.

            “I’ll take the math exam,” he said with a big smile. He wanted whatever was most likely to have her name on it. When she handed him the paper he looked for it immediately before signing it on the back.

            “Here you go Sun Hee,” he said with a wink as he handed the paper back to her.

            Her eyes widened and she clutched the paper to her chest.

            “Omo, how do you know my name?” Her eyes were wide behind her glasses like she had just seen a ghost.

            “I read it on the paper,” he laughed. He stopped laughing as she seemed to get slightly embarrassed again.

            “Of course you did. Sorry I’m not the smartest,” she said as she looked to the ground in sudden shame.

            He reached out without thinking and put his fingers under her chin. She froze in shock as he tilted her face up so she was looking into his eyes.

            “I think you’re brilliant, Sun Hee,” he said seriously.

            “P-please c-call me Sunny,” she stammered as she blinked at him in disbelief.

            “It’s a pleasure to meet you Sunny. How old are you?” He asked casually as he let go of her chin. He didn’t mean to make her uncomfortable. He also hadn’t meant to touch her. It just happened.

            “I’m 19, but I’ll be 20 in June,” she said brightly.

            “Well then you can call me Oppa if you’d like.”

            She didn’t look like she could get anymore shocked by him. She seemed to be searching for words as a gust of rainy wind hit them. She screamed out as she lost hold of her autographed test and she didn’t hesitate to chase it onto the sidewalk. Woohyun was only a second behind her.

            She seemed to be struggling to see it as the water from the rain covered her glasses. She stumbled into the street with her hand down near the ground searching the whole time.

            Woohyun ran for her and yelled out her name as head lights appeared ahead of her. She stopped in fright as she realized she was in the middle of the road. Woohyun heard the sound of the brakes screeching as he ran to Sunny and pushed her out of the way.

            Her scream was the last sound he heard before waking up in the hospital hours later.

 

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Okay here is the link to Part 4 if you want to continue on this wacky journey

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/294559

 

I'll post the rest of this chapter later tonight so people have time to finish part 3. Don't mean to leave you in suspense!!

I just want to let you know this is going down a different path for me and you may have to suspend disbelief a little lol. But I like it we shall see if you do too :D

Thank you readers for subscribing and commenting!!!