The Man who Lost His Courage

Start of Something New

120930

 

Victoria

My body freezes like a stupid person for 5 seconds. I don’t know what to do when suddenly we’re facing at each other like this.

“Gwaenchanhayo (Are you alright)?”, Khun asks while he looks down at me.

I try to look away from his stare. Not seeing him for a year can make a sudden heart attack. Well, you know what I mean.

I give him a smile.

“I’m alright…”, finally ! I found my voice, thank God.

Khun smiles back at me. I take my time to examine him. Yeah, he looks different. His haircut changed and maybe he didn’t take care of himself well. He isolated himself and getting back to his own feet now is quiet a big change. Somehow, I understand his condition.

My heart beats fast again. It’s like going to explode in less than a minute. My brain is also working extra hard. There are so many questions I want to ask him and it’s going to burst out. How’s he doing?  Where have he been? What did he do?.

Then suddenly,

“Victoria-ssi, by the side of the stage in 2mins, please !”, the floor director calls from afar.

Moment crasher. Nice. Thank you, Gamdongnim (Director).

I look at him for a second and bow, “I…um…they called me, I got to go. See you around, Nichkhun-ssi”.

I turn my back at him and walk to the stage. I pat my head slowly while I walk to the stage. What did I just say to him? “See you around” ?. Oh great, Song Qian !.  Was that your best pick up line ?.

 

 

Nichkhun

I watch her walk away to the stage. Watching her this close was like a relief after not seeing her for a year. I miss her.

“Glad to know that you’re alright, Omma…”, I mumble to my self.

Then suddenly, someone pats my back.

“You’ve met her finally ?”, says the person.

I turn my head around and find that Taecyeon is behind me.

“Oh, Taec…”, I say, “yeah, finally…”

He examines my expression.

“Man, you should be happy after seeing her…”, Taec says, “But I guess you’re not”

I let out a heavy sigh, “Jasini opso… (I don’t have the courage)”

 

 

 

Khun and Taec walk to their changing room. The other 2PM members are busy hanging out with other artists.

Taec closes the door and Khun sits comfortably on the sofa. Taec takes 2 cans of alcohol from the little fridge in the room.

“Sul ? Anmassyo (I don’t drink)”, Khun replies lightly to him.

Taec looks like taken aback as he puts back one of the can and changes it with water.

“Thank you, man”, Khun says as he receives the water from Taec. Taec sits next to him, he sips his drink and leans to the sofa lazily.

“Why suddenly you think you don’t have the courage ?”, Taec asks in English, “You’re Nichkhun ! Nichkhun doesn’t afraid of anything”.

It’s been long since they have the conversation in English, now they want to continue the habit.

Khun sips his water and turns his head to Taec.

“Was. A year ago, I was still the fearless Khun”, he answers, “Now, I’m not”

Taec furrows his eyebrows and shakes his head, “Maldo andwae (no way) ! Is this because of the accident ?”

Khun drops his head and nods.

“Ever since that night, I was no longer the fearless Khun”, Khun answers, “I was afraid if something happened to that man and I had to take the responsibility for it !”

Khun lets out his anger inside. It’s not only anger that he holds, a disappointment also.

Taec listens to him carefully.

“I never got any problem this big before. I never think about consequences before. I never been in this situation before!”, Khun adds.

“Points taken”, Taec concludes, “Then, what’s the correlation with Victoria-ssi ?”

Khun sips his water again. He suddenly feels his throat dry as he heard Taec mentioned Vic.

“I don’t have the courage to face her”, He finally says what’s bothering him.

Taec’s mouth opens a bit. He knew Khun for quiet long, but sometimes, he doesn’t get his way of thinking.

“But you just greeted her, don’t you ?”, Taec reviews again what he saw before. He’s pretty sure that Khun DID talks to Vic in front of her changing room.

Khun nods as he stands up from his seat. He starts walking around the room, holding his bottle of water, furious of himself.

“I did greet her…”, he continues, “But that would be, the far I could go”.

Khun lets out another heavy sigh.

“What did she think about me after the accident ? What she’s been up to ? Did someone capture her heart ? Was she still thinking about me ? Those questions have been spinning around my head since I decided to comeback, Taec”, he explains. “I don’t have the courage to get close to her like before…”

“Nonsense. This is got nothing to do with those things, Khun. I’m sure Victoria-ssi still think of you the same way like before”, Taec snaps him, “You’re thinking too much like a grandpa. Loosen up, man!”

Khun shakes his head while walking around and gives Taec an antagonist smile, “How do you know her heart ? How can you be so sure ? I did something wrong, Taec, I’m no longer a worthy guy for her!”

Taec laughs hard as he heard Khun. Khun looks at him with khunfuseness.

“How can I be so sure, Khun ? Because she didn’t let any guy enter her heart for this past year”, Taec counters him.

Khun stops walking, he freezes on his feet. Digesting what Taec just said.

 

 

*Now you guys know the reason why, right . Hopefully, you guys still enjoy reading this. Thank you for the comments and subscribes. Gamsahamnida, yeorobun :))*