Heart Beats Fast...

Start of Something New

 

Victoria

 

I walked into the changing room. I putted my right hand over my chest. Aissshhh, Stupid heart ! Why beating frantically like this ?.  I turned my head to see him again, but he’s gone. Was that really him ? or was it only my illusion ?.

 

The make up artist was busy doing my make up and the hair stylist was doing my hair. Then suddenly, my F(X) daughters stormed into the room and hoped to the sofa straight away.

“Ya, Sul ! be careful when throwing your body to the sofa”, I said to her through the mirror.

Sulli grinned and she answered, “ne, Omma”.

Luna then suddenly opened up a topic.

“Did you guys saw who’s in the waiting room today ?”, Luna asked Sulli, Amber and Krystal. I couldn’t help not to hear her. They’re talking about the man in the lobby. The one I saw recently.

“Oh. Aniyo (nope)”, Krystal answered follow by Sulli nodded. “Waeyo (why)?”

Luna leaned her body closer to them as she lowered her voice. She glanced at me but then looked away. Was she trying to hide it from me ?

I pretended not to listen to them. I closed my eyes and focusing on remembering the man I saw today. The one that I thought was my ex-virtual husband.

My mind drifted away as I remember all about him. His face, his eyes, his nose, his lips, his smile, his arms that used to hold me, his warmth. The one who cooked for me beside my father. The one who sang for me on Christmas. The one who entered my life 3 years ago.

I still kept everything we had together. Also gifts that our fans gave us. I rub my 4th finger and touch the ring that I wore. It’s from him. I still kept it with me. I still wore it, hoping that one day, we could be together again.

“I think I saw Khun Appa…”, Luna whispered to the girls and my body froze at the moment I heard his name.

So it’s really him.

I still pretended not to hear anything, and let Luna continue her story.

“Was it really Khun Appa, eonni ?”, Krystal asked as she whispered back at Luna.

Amber let out a sigh, “I thought I was the only one that noticed him ...”

Luna, Krystal and Sulli turned to her and giving her a “tell-me-right-now” look.

“I was going to the toilet then I passed him by. I bowed and he bowed back. He said, “Amber, uri ddal, long time no see”. I was surprised but then I answered, “Ne, Appa. Have you met Omma ?” but then he only gave me a smile”, Amber shared her story.

“Jinjjaro ? hmm, he seemed different. I don’t know why”, Luna added.

“Maybe he’s like that because of the past accident that involved him…”, Sulli said.

I gasped as I hear Sulli mentioned the accident. He had involved in an accident a year ago. It wasn’t entirely his fault but I guessed he blamed himself for drinking that night.  That time, I wished I knew how he feels. I wished I knew his worries. I wished I were beside him. I wished I were still his “wife”. But he didn’t even give me a call or else. Sometimes, I feel like its unrequited.

“He must’ve had a hard time…”, I mumbled to my self. I tried to hold on my tears. I didn’t want to cry here, the make up artist might kill me.

But without my noticed, F(X) girls were standing around me, listening to my mumbling.

“Omma, don’t you miss him ?”, Krystal asked me while she sat next to me. The hair stylist just finished working on my hair and left the make up artist.

I turned to her and the girls were surrounding us.

“You saw him, didn’t you ?”, Luna shot straight to me. She looked at me deeply and I avoided her stare.

“Come on, Omma. Its okay. We knew you still have a thing for him”, Amber added.

I let out my voice, “Maybe it’s not him. Maybe you guys are missing him too much, and even hallucinate about him”.

I shouldn’t have lied. The girls were frowning at me and I gave them a flat expression.

“But Omma, if you don’t miss him, then why are you still wearing that ring ?”, Sulli snapped me too.

I tried to control my tears, showed a tough look and didn’t want to ruin the make up. The 4 of them gave me a deadly stares, I didn’t think I could escape this time.

“Omma, just be honest with us, please…”, Luna pleaded as she grabbed my hand and she held it.

I let out a sigh. I was just too scared to admit it. After 2 years since our separation in We Got Married, I sill have the feeling, wasn’t it too much ? Was it okay for me to still have feelings for him ?

“Look, girls, maybe I had feelings for him. But who am I to have it ? I’m nobody. He didn’t promise me anything and he moved on with his life and he never contact me again. Not a single. Maybe he buried all about us”, I said to them. The make up artist seemed taken aback as she finished her last touch, she quickly packed her belongings and move to the next room. I bowed lightly to thank her.

“Are you sure he thinks that way too, Omma ?”, Amber teased me as she rechecking her style in the mirror. “Oh, this is nice”.

I shook my head. He never contacted me again. Though peoples around him told me that Khun contacted them. But why not me ?

 

 

Its an hour to the show. Its time for the final rehearsal. I stand up from my sit, checking my clothes and then my make up in the mirror. It’s set for the show. I look around and find that the girls were just left. I walk to the door and holding the knob to close it.  Just when I close the door, I turn my back at the corridor and don’t noticed that there are people passing by.

“Oops”, there’s a voice from behind my back.

I must’ve hit someone’s body when I turn my back. Aish, why am I this clumsy ?

I quickly turn around, facing the person and bow 90 degree right away to apologize.

“Cweiseonghamnida (I’m sorry), jal mothaessoyo (I was wrong)”, I say to the person.

Then I hear the person say, “It’s okay”.

I gather my courage to look up to the person.

Oh. My. GOD. Those eyes, that nose, that smile. The smile that even north pole could melt away, A man that i missed soo much.

My ex-virtual husband is now in front of me after a year that we last time saw each other.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Victoria-ssi”, Khun greeted me. “Oremanhaeyo (Long time no see…)”

 It’s just like the first time I saw him. I cant think of anything, I cant react spontaneously. Just admiring him as a person, not an artist like me.

Come on, Victoria, grab yourself together, will you ???

 

*finally, Vic meets Khun. What will happen next ? Gamsahamnida for the subs and comments. I feel so happy that i can share happiness through writing :))