She's Still My Dream Girl

Start of Something New

Nichkhun

 

I was just sitting on a sofa in a waiting room of a TV station. I sipped my venti-size Starbucks coffee and leaned back to the sofa. My legs were shivering like hell. It felt like everything is rewinding all over again. After those years that I’ve been through, I had to start all over again. My recklessness brought me to this state. My whole career was flushed down the drain only by a minute. I never thought that I would be that inconsiderate. I was the one that pushed my career to the edge. 

I let out a deep sigh. I looked at my watch and it shown 10.45am. I still got few hours to get ready, but as everyone on this industry knew, I have to be here at least 4 hours before performing. I lifted my head and looked around. People passed me by. Some of them gave me a simple bow, some gave me a strange look, and some talked to their friends while staring at me. They had a right to give opinion about what I did.

I was involved in a traffic accident a year ago. I was drunk and I still forced my self to drive me home. And that unfortunate event happened.  I was speeding up and didn’t aware that there’s a motorcyclist also sped up. And then the collision happened. I was so panicked as I got out the car and saw blood surrounded the motorcyclist and for the first time, I didn’t know what to do.  I went to interrogations and police said that it was both sides fault. But then, for me, it wasn’t just an incident. I need to reflect for what I did and I have to withdraw my self from the celebrity world. I need sometime to become a better me. I took a year off.

I felt like an irresponsible man. I wasn’t mature enough. I got swayed and carried away by surround me. My fellow 2PM members are still supporting me and also other friends from celebrity world. My family was always on my side. They gave me strength to face this problem.  I was keeping contact with everyone I know, except her.

I was married to her. By married here, I meant that I was on a reality show of marriage and got paired with her. My dream girl. We’re together for a year and 3 months, and then we said goodbye. We met again a month before the accident, but just that. Sometimes, when I’m alone or having a hard time, I couldn’t help but thinking of her. I missed spending time with her. I took out my phone and scroll over the names in my contact. I kept her contact with our picture for the caller ID. Even if it’s  virtual marriage, she’s still someone that got into my life. My thumb was confusing over hitting the “call” button or not. Then suddenly…

“Annyeonghaseyo !!!”, a female voice heard. The person greeted happily as she walked to the waiting room and her heels were making noises and giving a strong impression. People that passed by greeted her back happily. Must be a friendly person, I think.

I raised my head and my eyes grew bigger. A woman in her heels with a slender body, sunglasses on her face, a blazer with top inside and a jeans.  I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Her long hair was tied back to ponytail. I held my breath as I saw her. She’s standing in front of me and still mesmerized me. She’s smiling when a staff greeted her. I couldn’t say a word. I want to call her, but something held my tongue inside. I just couldn’t. The feeling when I landed my eyes on her was just like the first time I saw her in front of the elevator.

I kept staring at her, observing her gestures. But then suddenly, she turned her head to me. She stopped walking and her hand slowly grabbed the side of her sunglasses.  I didn’t try to look away, no. I kept looking at her.  She took her sunglasses off and she looked at me with a surprised expression. moved, making “khun…” as I saw from afar. She still recognized me. Just when she was going to walk towards me,

“Annyeonghaseyo, Victoria-ssi. You have to change your clothes now before the MC rehearsal”, a staff called her and made her turned away from me.

She nodded to the staff and followed the staff towards the changing room. I stood from the sofa and pushed my coward to the edge as I tried to walk towards her. She turned back at me and I could see clearly she gave me a sweet smile. A smile that she used to gave me. Yes indeed, she’s her. She was my Victoria.

 

*Annyeonghaseyo, yeorobun. this is the 1st chapter. How's it ? Hopefully you guys enjoy reading it as much as i enjoy writing it. Please feel free to gve comments :)) gamsahamnida