Of Battle Scars and Healing

Of Moonlight and Stars

Bodies were everywhere. Explosions and shouts are heard and the whole land is in chaos. 

Jongin grunted in pain and held onto his right shoulder. His shirt was bloodied up bad and the fight isn't ending any sooner. Taking out his dagger, he threw it towards a guy who was trying to attack Kyungsoo and succeeded in killing him. 

Jongin teleported beside Sehun and helped him fight a couple of the bad guys. He winced in pain as one sword slashed his waist. Sehun used his air powers to blow the swordmaster off his feet and smashed him onto the ground. 

"Hang on, Kai" Sehun said, putting Jongin's arm over his shoulder and held onto him, creating some sort of wind barrier around them . Truth be told, Jongin had the worst injuries among all of them. One of the weapons that hurt him had poison all over it, and the poison was one of the worst there is. 

"Where's Lay hyung.." Sehun looked around breathlessly, noticing that Jongin might run of of life any sooner. He spotted Yixing helping Luhan and half-pulled, half dragged Jongin towards him. 

Yixing saw them and hurried over to Jongin, lying him down flat on the ground. He murmured some stuff and his hands glowed, turning light blue and silver. Meanwhile Sehun and Luhan protected them by fighting off the bad guys who came to interupt the healing session. 

Yixing's hands moved up and down Jongin's chest without any physical contact, his face frowning almost immediately. 

"The poison is too strong" Jongin heard him say, "I maybe able to reduce the rate but it will continue spreading all over your body" 

Suddenly a huge explosion went off near them and both got blown off their feet. Jongin shouted in response to his pain of hard contact with the ground and Yixing got slammed into a tree. 

"Guys!!" Kris flew over to Yixing. He slowly draped the unconscious guy and looked at Jongin, taking in that the latter was the most injured, but not knowing that he had been poisoned. 

"Teleport away from here, Kai!" Kris ordered, "Far away! We'll take care of the rest!!" 

"Hyung.." Jongin groaned, getting up slowly. He looked at his surroundings. His eyesight was getting blurry as the side effects of the poison was kicking in. He could see Tao doing his wushu stuff and was whooping some guy. Then there was Chanyeol attacking fires everywhere, and Baekhyun fighting alongside him. He couldn't make out the rest of the events. All he remembered was Kris shouting at him to teleport far, far away and that's exactly what he did before his consciousness left him. 




It hurts. But it didn't hurt as bad as he thought it would be. 

Jongin slowly open his eyes. A ceiling made out of wood greeted him, with a few cobwebs at the corner. There was a framed picture of a...barnhouse? A normal house? He couldn't see clearly, but it hung on the wall beside him. He shifted around, pulling the covers off of him as he was beggining to feel warm and...wait...where is he

Sitting up quickly wasn't the best reaction. He winced in pain and held his waist, which has been mysteriously bandaged. Come to think of it, he wasn't wearing any shirt. His whole abdomen and his right shoulder were covered in bandages. Thank god he still had his pants on. He didn't want to wake up feeling all and violated. 

He observed his surroundings. It was clearly a bedroom, as he was sitting on a bed and there's a cupboard and a study table and the side. He sees his shirt hung on a hanger and was hung with the support on the doorknob.

The room reeked of that 'summer swing' scent, the newest perfume that came out on the market. It was very sweet smelling, not the kind of scent that would want you to barf if you had too much of it. It made Jongin feel easeness, but it soon dissapeared as he remembered the battle he had with the others. 

Jongin lifted himself up from the bed with the support of his left arm. He tried teleporting away from the place but somehow something had gone wrong with him when he had found himself teleported to the other end of the room instead. 

He felt immediate pain through his body and a cry escaped from his mouth as he collapsed to the floor. 

The door opened all of a sudden and Jongin saw a girl looking all flustered and then focused her attention on him, putting down a tray which had a glass of drink on it. She immediately came over and helped him get up, her long brown hair falling over her face. Jongin held onto her for dear life as the pain came back contionuously, and she brought him over and set him on the bed. 

"Don't move" Her voice sounded very sweet and calming, Jongin noted. He bit his lip to restrain the pain and the girl took out some kind of ointment from her pocket. She rubbed some of it onto Jongin's neck and shoulder, in which he blushed a bit due to the intense physical contact. 

"Who are you..?" He braved himself to ask. The girl gestured him to sit up slowly and she carefully unbandaged his abdomen. Jongin could see the horrible scar on his waist. Really, it looked like it could've cut his body in half. He waited for an answer as the girl apply some more ointment there. 

"My name is Sunyoung" she finally said, covering the ointment with its cover and putting it on a nearby shelf. She took the glass of drink she bought in earlier and brought it near to Jongin's lips, "Drink this. It'll make you feel better". 

Jongin tipped his head back with his hands slightly touching the glass (most of it were held by Sunyoung) and finishing it in a few gulps. Sunyoung placed the glass back on the table and directed Jongin to lie down on the bed, taking a chair and sitting beside him. She adjusted his head's position on the pillow. 

"Are you feeling a lot better now?" She asked, her voice gentle by the minute. Jongin nodded in response. He was mesmerized by her beauty. She had a V-line chin with soft brown eyes. Her nose a bit pointy along the end and her small lips pressed together forming a smile. Her hair on the top of her head was divided into a ratio of 4 to 6 and was flowing down her shoulders, getting a bit wavy at the end. 

"You're in my room" Sunyoung said, "You suddenly appeared all bloodied up in my living room a few days ago. Nearly gave me a heart attack, to be honest" 

"A...few days ago..?" Jongin repeated. How long had he been out? Heck, how long had he ran away from the battle? Did they win? Are the members safe and sound? What if they're hurt? Or worst...killed? 

He tried getting back up, but was restricted by Sunyoung as she pushed him back down, her face turning stern. 

"You're not healed yet" She stated. Jongin scowled at her. He appreciated what she had done but the battle...he can't just lie around. He needs to know what had happened. 

Jongin took hold of her wrists and tried to pry her off him. Strangely, Sunyoung is quite strong. Or that Jongin was weak. Anyways, her hands won't move anywhere from his shoulders and she was firmly pinning him down on the bed. 

"I need to get out of here" Jongin said, tugging on her wrists, "the battle-" 

"The battle is over" Sunyoung said. They both held onto each others eyes for some time before she spoke again. 

"I went to the field where the battle held place. It was horrible really, with all the corpses lying around. But judging from how they look like and their similar attires that are of completely different style than yours, i think your side won" Jongin wondered how she knew all about it. 

"I heard the explosions and stuff. Some of my friends updated me on it as well" Sunyoung answered, as if she was reading his mind, "and for now, you don't have to worry about anything. Just rest for time being while i'll make something for you to eat" 

She took out a new roll of bandages and re-bandaged his abdomen. Jongin remained silent as he watched her every moves, feeling self-conscious at every contact from her hands. Sunyoung picked up the tray with the glass on it and walked out of the room, sparing him a slight glance before she was out of sight. 




It has been four days and Jongin was starting to feel a bit better. He could move more at ease but his teleporting powers aren't normal. He couldn't teleport anywhere except from a distance of a few meters. It bothers him really, but he knew it should take time due to the really powerful effect of the poison. 

Sunyoung on the other hand spent her time taking care of him. Preparing his food and making him his own medicine. She doesn't really do anything around the house, since she lives alone and it kinda seem unappropriate for them two to be under one roof. But she didn't mind at all. To her Jongin is a person in need and she always helps the needy, no matter what age, gender or unusual they are. 

It wasn't until two days later that Jongin had felt completely healed. He could do his somersoults and flips like normal, but stop doing so in the house when Sunyoung had chided him of breaking her vase in the midst of his excitement. He finally had his teleporting powers back, and was able to teleport anywhere he want with more than 10 meters (which was his temporary limit). He even shocked Sunyoung to the brink of death when he accidentally teleported in the shower when she was showering. 

Really, the things that Jongin does. 

"Be careful, don't pressure yourself" Sunyoung told him as she arranged some flowers in a brand new vase - replacing the one that Jongin had unintentionally destroyed. Jongin raised an eyebrow, "Why? I'm feeling even more healthier and more stronger than before" 

"But you're still under my wing as my patient" came the reply, "I know all about what will happen if you do this and that during your healing period" 

"Are you saying i'm still weak?" 

"I don't know.." Sunyoung challenged him, a playful smile on her lips, "If you assume i'm saying you're weak, maybe you are" 

Jongin squinted his eyes at her. He was sitting at the end of the couch while she sat at the other end, smiling at him. Slowly, he scooted near her, eyes becoming sharp and intense. 

"I couldn't fight against you when i was weak" His husky voice giving Sunyoung the chills, "Maybe i should test if that theory is still ongoing huh?" 

His body came closer with Sunyoung's, and she leaned back from him, frowning. 

"What are you doing...?" she asked. Jongin smirked and his hands caught hers in a tight grip in between them. Sunyoung struggled to release herself but his grip tightened as he leaned in closer to her. 

"You're..ugh, hurting me.." She squeaked. Feeling intimidated, she shrunk back but had nowhere to move as she was caught between the couch and Jongin, who moved near her ear. He was practically on top of her. 

"Still saying i'm weak now?" Jongin said, his breath tickling her ear. Sunyoung shook her head. Her eyes met his sharp brown orbs. It traveled down to his lips, in which she held her breath. 

Wow, they look really, really tempting. 

She hadn't been the one to make the move, because Jongin did. His lips brushed softly against hers and soon both began to move in a perfect rhythm with each other. Sunyoung's hands didn't dare move anywhere but she kept them near her chest. Meanwhile, Jongin had one of his wrapped around her waist and another on the couch support. 

The kiss continued, filled with passion and beautiful movements. They broke apart to catch their breaths and Jongin stared down at her, hand twirling a lock of Sunyoung's hair. 

Sunyoung blushed and smiled shyly at him, soon breaking into a fit of giggles in which he joined after wards. 

Jongin got off of her and helped her sit up, fixing her messed up hair. She just punched his shoulder lightly and ran off to her room, before landing a peck on his lips. 

Wow...Jongin exhaled, the smile not leaving his face. He couldn't believed he just did that. Why, he even got a positive response! His fingers traced his lips and he looked at the direction of Sunyoung's room. He laughed silently to himself. 



The next day wasn't awkward for the both of them. He had seen her taking a basket of laundry outside, and she smiled at him. A smile so beautiful he wished he was able to keep it literally. As she went out to hand the laundry, Jongin kept himself busy by tidying the living room, although there was really nothing to be tidying about. Sunyoung is a tidy freak. 

His thought was disturbed when he heard her scream. He dashed outside of the house, but not before he fell over a small shelf and made a complete fool out of himself. 

"Sunyoung!" He cried out, running towards the laundry line. He saw Sunyoung on the ground, fear in his eyes as she stared at a guy towering over her. The laundry were burnt. Jongin wasted no time and sprinted towards the guy and landed a kick at his head. The guy stumbled back and he helped Sunyoung stand up. She stood behind him. 

What he expected wasn't what he would've expected. The guy groaned and held his cheek and Jongin got a clear view of him. He gasped slightly. 

"Chanyeol hyung?" 

Chanyeol widened his eyes at Jongin and broke his hurt face into a happy face (with a pearly teethy smile, mind you). He jumped up and glomped Jongin in a tight hug. Sunyoung stepped back, frowning. 

"Oh my god Kai you're alive!! I can't believe this!! Oh the others need to know about this!!" Chanyeol sent up a flare in the sky before glomping Jongin again, "I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE ALIVE!!" 

Jongin returned the hug and jumped along with Chanyeol in circles, looking like complete cracked idiots. 

"Uh, excuse me?" Sunyoung's voice broke their reunion. She had her hands on her hips and was glaring at Jongin. 

"Do you mind telling me what this is all about? Well i'm just here, innocently hanging the laundry while suddenly a fireball was thrown, nearly hitting me but had burnt everything and i was attacked by that creeper and you came along to help me but now having a happy reunion with me just knwing your name is Kai and WOULD YOU LOOK AT THIS MESS YOU'VE CAUSED??!" 

Jongin gulped. He has never seen Sunyoung so mad before. And here she is, exploding at him and Chanyeol just hung his head and scooted away. 

Ah, great, Jongin thought. He was never one to explain situations. It was usually Kris or Suho. He laughed slightly, his hand scratching his neck. 

"Well..you see Sunyoung...this is..uh.." He looked at Chanyeol who practically hid his face and went a bit far again. Sunyoung was tapping her foot and had a really, really mean face. 

Suddenyl he was attacked to the ground by a bunch of idiots, who hugged him and crying out nonsense. It was Luhan, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongdae. Well, who else would it if it weren't them. 

"Kai you're alive!" Jongin heard Yixing say, and he looked back and saw the rest of the members running towards him.They all suffocated Jongin by enveloping him in a huge bear hug. 

"I can't believe this" Sehun said, "We spent two weeks looking for you! We really thought you were dead and nearly gave up!" 

"We're glad you're okay, Kai" Kris ruffled the boy's hair. They all swaped greetings and hugs among each other before Tao noticed a very red and angry Sunyoung. He tapped Jongin's shoulder, "Uh, i think we have a little problem here". 

The boys averted their attention to Sunyoung. Yixing even let out a whistle in the sight of her beauty. Jongin sighed fearfully. 




"I saw you hanging Jongin's shirt, so i thought you had done something to him." Chanyeol clasped his fingers together. The others sweated nervously as Sunyoung stuffed her burnt laundry into a large black plastic. 

"So that gives you the right to attack me? Without asking me nicely somehow?" She retorted, throwing the black plastic into the garbage. Chanyeol smiled innocently at her. 

"We're sorry for all the trouble we've caused you" Suho said," But we'd also like to thank you for taking care of Kai all this while"

Sunyoung smiled sweetly at him, triggering Jongin's jealousy. She nodded at them all, "No problem"

"We should get going now" Kris stood up with the boys following his lead. They all bowed at her and Jongin even noticed Jongdae winking at her. He walked over to him and stepped on his foot.

Jongdae stiffled a grunt and glared at Jongin. Jongin just shrugged, "Sorry, didn't see you".

Sunyoung followed them to the door and asked them to where they are going. She felt her chest getting heavy at the thought of Jongin leaving along with them. 

"Well..." Kris looked at the others, "We don't really have a home to go back to, since it was destroyed during the battle. We're just wandering around practicing and making ourselves stronger then stay in an inn or something."

Sunyoung nodded, letting the boys go out through the door. She stared a longing look at Jongin when suddenly something popped into her head. A smile beamed across her face.

"You guys can stay here!!" She cried out, "This house is big enough for all of us, and there are a few extra rooms!"

"Are you sure? I don't think the idea of us all living under one roof is acceptable, especially with you being a gi-whoah!!" 

Sunyoung had suddenly pushed Kris back into the house and pulled the other members along. She closed the door and beamed at them all. 

"Well that wasn't so hard wasn't it" She said, and suddenly pointed to random members, "You, you, you, that room. You, you and you, that room. You three have that room and the other three have this room"

The boys stared at each other and went to their respective rooms after Sunyoung said they were to rest for a while before spending the day to get to know each other. Jongin passed by Sunyoung and playfully slapped her , in which she jumped in response. He got closer to her, and whispered.

"I'll see you tonight, Sunyoung"

Sunyoung pinched him but nodded anyway. All that didn't escape the eyes of the others, who only grinned at each other.

Well their life is going to be so much better...and a bit dramatic.