Cockatrice

Fullmoon (part 2): Howling

[Hyunseung’s POV]



Damnit! Why the hell do I need to fight these things now! I felt my anger building up as I fought. My strength was at it’s peak as I began to lose control. These stupid ghouls ruined a perfectly great moment with Junhyung. I took several deep breaths to try and calm myself before the monster in me would cause me to do something I’d regret. Junnie must hate me now.

I fought through several ghouls before stopping and turning toward the bottom of the hill. There stood a frightened Junhyung staring directly at me. “Junhyung!”


I felt a swift, blunt attack knock me off my feet as I slid backwards. I looked up into the face of the ghoul that had assaulted me. Unfortunately this was no mere ghoul. There before me stood a demonic woman in rattling chains. I putrid venom leaked from . Even without my canine sense of smell, I could tell she was poison. Perched upon her shoulder was a monster I hoped I’d never encounter. A small creature with the head of a chicken and the body of a snake. My recent research of the supernatural allowed me to identify this creature as a cockatrice. It’s legendary petrification powers were synonymous with turning mortals to stone. Fortunately for me, I was no mere mortal.

I staggered up  to my feet, determined to vanquish my assailant. I was about to pounce when a familiar voice stopped me dead in my tracks. “Hyunseung!”

Junhyung ran up to me brandishing a large branch as he stood between me and the woman. “J-Junhyung! No! You gotta get out of here!”

“No way! At first I thought you were just going crazy, but now it’s clear to me that you’re fighting something. And even if I can’t see what it is, I’ll be damned if I let you get hurt, Seungie.”

I felt the heat of a blush arise on my face. Good thing I had fur to cover it. He called me Seungie. I shook my head before turning to Junhyung. “Jun! It’s too dangerous. You have to get out of here!”

“And let you fight alone! Not a chance. Besides you haven’t answered all of my questions.”

“Your questions?”

“I told you, I’m getting all of my answers out of you. Even if I have to drag you back to the hotel, kicking a screaming.” Junhyung smirked as he looked at me.  I couldn’t help but feel a bit embarrassed but I was quickly snapped out of it when Junhyung was hurled to the floor by a group of common ghouls. He swung his branch around not making contact with any of them.

I pounced the monsters around Junhyung, fending them off one by one. I felt my wild instincts take over me once again, but this time I felt the the need to protect, rather than fighting purely out of rage. I fought with everything I had, pouncing and jumping, as I ripped and shredded with my teeth and claws.

Junhyung watched as I pulled all of the ghouls away from him. I couldn’t tell if the look on his face was respect or admiration. Perhaps something more. I turned away from him as to focus on the fight. Fending off the ghouls I felt like I was forgetting something. Something big.

“AHHHH!!!” I swiftly turned my head to see the woman, that horrible poison woman, hovering over Junhyung. I lunged at her digging my razor sharp claws into her cold neck, my efforts, however, were in vain. The cockatrice had reached Junhyung’s leg and cut into it with his razor sharp wing.

I pounced the cockatrice,shredding it with my fangs, however I couldn’t reverse the effect on Junhyung. I turned and felt all the color from my cheeks fade away as his leg began to turn to stone. My eyes started tearing up as he gazed up at me. I ran over to his side as he sat up, the fur on my head. “ Damnit. I guess I shouldn’t have got involved. I was of no real help to you.”

“No Junnie! Don’t die! Please!”

He flicked me in the head with his index finger and smiled. “ You worry too much about me, Seungie. Focus on defending yourself for now. If you die because of me, I’ll never forgive you.”

I looked around, panicking. There had to be some way to stop the petrification. Anyway at all!

It hit me like to ton of bricks. There was an option. One I didn’t particularly care for. I surveyed myself before looking back at Junhyung. The petrification had already reached his waist and was progressing through his other leg. I swallowed hard as my eyes teared up once more. There’s no other way. I have to do the unthinkable.

I turned around looking Junhyung in the eyes. He scowled at me for not focusing on the fight, however, at this point, only one thing was on my mind. With a powerful leap of my hind legs, I pounced Junhyung forcing him to the ground.

“Hey! What’re you-”

My tears fell steadily, cutting him off. “Forgive me, Jun.” I closed my eyes and my sharp fangs into his collar bone.

 

 

 


A/N: Hey all. Nyokopuppet here. So. Howling is about to come to a close. There's only one more chapter so I'd like to thank you all for sticking by me. I'd love to thank my subscribers, especially the ones who have been with me since Insomnia. 

Also, I'd like to apologize in advance. Part 3 of the trilogy will be take a while to get up mainly because of

*playing video games* 

and

*Watching videos* 

But mostly because, while I'm working and attending college, I'm also developing a whole new Beast Fanfiction as well. My new story is taking quite a while to write and I still need to make a poster for it (Though I have many ideas.) I hope to see many of you when I start posting it but keep in mind, it's not a or romance, it'll be a comedy. (My first attempt at a comedy.) So please don't be discouraged if you don't see part 3 right away. It is coming. It is being written. I write the whole story in advanced. (So I can maintain regular updating.) So yeah.

Thank you all and I hope you'd enjoyed this and the last chapter tomorrow. *bows*