Ability

Fullmoon (part 2): Howling

[Junhyung’s POV]



Where are they now?! Dongwoon, Kikwang and I had arrived at concourse D, waiting for the other three outside gate 124. I felt my rage rising once again as the time of our flight drew closer.

“Calm yourself, Junhyung.” Dongwoon placed his hand on my shoulder.

“It’s just. I’m sick of those three disappearing all the time. They better not miss boarding.”

Kikwang stood up while keeping his head covered. “How about I get us all something to drink?” He smiled and walked off as Dongwoon proceeded to try and calm me down.

Buzz! Buzz! I picked up my phone to notice a new text message had appeared in my phone’s data bank. I opened it up to see it was from Hyunseung!

We’ll be spending a bit more time chatting with 4Minute. Doojoon is with us, so don’t worry. Board without us. We’ll be there, ok?~

I felt the rage inside of me unleash all at once as I finished reading the message. I stood up, brushing Dongwoon aside, took a deep breath and yelled out. “JANG HYUN SEUNG!!!!”




[Hyunseung’s POV]




My heart skipped a beat as I put my phone away. Lying through a text still felt wrong, even if it seems a bit more sincere than my words. I swallowed and gathered my thoughts as we arrived at Concourse B. Doojoon guided us away from the other commuters and showed us to a door near the edge of the gates. Pulling out a bobby pin, he picked the lock to the door. He opened it as we made our way out to the apron, careful to avoid any and all onlookers.

“We’re looking for Gate 51,” Yoseob said smiling. I looked up at the building all the while counting the numbers.

“We better run. The sun’s about to set.” Doojoon took off as Yoseob and I followed. We managed to dodge our way around workers and onlookers before reaching the plane parked at gate 51. A cube jet, set to depart in 30 minutes. Yoseob looked up through the window, and spotted 4Minute. He instinctively wanted to wave but Doojoon pushed him aside.

We hid behind the loading ramp as two large men began to load 4Minute’s luggage into the cargo hold. We’d have to distract them. But how?

“I have an idea!” Yoseob snuck away moving quickly toward a fence. He made a couple of strange yet cute sounds as he lured over a nearby fox. He lifted the bottom of the chain link fence as the fox walked onto the apron. Yoseob picked up the fox and quietly ran back over to wear Doojoon and I were standing. “ I bet I can get this little guy to cause enough of a scene for us to sneak aboard.” It was strange, but during a full moon cycle, Yoseob had the ability to converse with animals. Neither Doojoon nor I could pull it off but we both had our own unique abilities as well.

“Worth a shot.” Doojoon kept lookout to where the workers were as I kept lookout behind us. Yoseob whispered into the fox’s ear before letting him down. The fox then ran off in front of the workers, before running up the ramp. Like idiots, they took the bait and proceeded to try and get the fox out of the cargo hold. The worker at the top of the ramp managed to catch the animal as it struggled. He descended the ramp still holding the poor animal as it kept both of the worker’s attention.

“Now’s our chance!” whispered Doojoon. We ran up the ramp quickly be quietly, taking care not to knock over or tamper with any of the girl’s stuff as we ascended. Once reaching the cargo hold, we hid among the many items loaded. Luckily for us, 4Minute’s show required a large variety of props. All we had to do now was wait.

As the men finished loading the cargo, they did a final quick inspection over all the items. Fortunately, they were in too much of a hurry to thoroughly inspect our hiding spots. They closed up the cargo hold as we waited for confirmation that the coast was clear. Doojoon proceeded to pull out his cell phone and send a text to Junhyung.

“What’d you tell him,” I queried.

“I just said that Yoseob had a problem with his boarding pass so we’re flying with 4Minute.” He shut off his phone as I did the same.

“What?! Why me?!” Yoseob shouted as he shut his phone down.

“Because I’m too responsible to let that happen. And let’s face it, Hyunseung’s on thin ice already with Junnie.”

Yoseob pouted as Doojoon just chuckled. He laid Yoseob’s head down on his lap and proceeded to his hair as the cute visual calmed down. We knew it was impossible to sleep on nights like this, but it was still nice to relax a little.

As I peered at Doojoon and Yoseob, I couldn’t help but think of Junhyung. I really messed up today. He’s gonna be furious when we meet again. Was it really worth all this just to keep a secret? I laid back on one of the suitcases, while turning away from the other two. I looked out one of the small windows in the back knowing it wouldn’t be long before moonrise. I gazed at my hand before closing my eyes waiting to feel to pain off the transformation. Junhyung. I’m sorry.