Troublemaker

Fullmoon (part 2): Howling

[Junhyung’s POV]




We arrived at the airport. All six of us,wearing hats and hoods to deviate fans. Hyunseung seemed unfocused. I suppose that’s normal for him.  

I looked back at Doojoon and Yoseob, both of them surveying our surroundings. Neither Dongwoon nor Kikwang noticed their sporadic behavior, however, I couldn’t help but get annoyed.

“Will you two hurry up!”

“Relax, Junhyung. What’re you upset about?” Hyunseung, leaned over near me.

“ I just want to get this flight over with. Ten hours on a plane really makes my head hurt.” I expected him to lift my cap and ruffle my blue hair like he often does when I complain, but instead, he just turned toward the window.

“ Yeah, a ten hour  flight is a long time.” He sighed heavily and continued. “ Especially at night.”

I knew Hyunseung was up to something. I couldn’t take much more of the deception. I grabbed his shoulder and spun him around. “Hyunseung! What the hell is going on!”

He nervously avoided eye contact with me as he responded, “ Nothing Junhyung! Why would you think something’s wr-”

“Stop lying to me, Hyunseung! You’re really starting to piss me off”

“ Whoh! Calm down Junhyung! No need to cause a scene. Or in this case, a scandal.” Kikwang grabbed my shoulder as I pulled away.

“ I don’t care! I want answers now! What the hell are you up to!!”

Hyunseung pointed his face away from me, as if to mask a tear.I held firmly onto his delicate shoulders. “I- I-”

“ Look Hyunseung! It’s Hyuna!” Yoseob ran over and grabbed onto Hyunseung’s wrist, smiling. “ Come on, JS, let’s go say hi!”  He pulled Hyunseung away toward the other side of the airport, where 4Minute was standing, preparing for their own flight to London.

“ I need to head to the restroom.” Doojoon walked off as I clenched my fist. I felt a ton of rage boiling up in my soul. Why the hell is he avoiding me!

“Junhyung. Chill. You’re becoming hysterical.” Kikwang put his hand on my shoulder as Dongwoon walked to the other side of me.

“ At this point, it’s not worth getting mad over. For now, let’s check in our bags and head to the plane.”

I let out a huge sigh and relaxed my hand. Why am I getting so worked up over this in the first place? Why do I even care?



[Hyunseung’s POV]



I wiped a tear from my eyes. I had felt myself slipping when Junhyung had grabbed me. I wanted to spill everything to him. I hated lying to Junhyung. More than anything else.

“ You ok, Hyung?” Yoseob looked up at me with concerned eyes. I remembered why I had to keep this a secret. I had to protect Doojoon and Yoseob as well as myself. It was their secret as much as mine. I took a deep breath and composed myself as I approached Hyuna. I had to stick to the plan.

“ Hello Hyuna. Girls,” I said with the smoothest smile on my face.

“ Hey Hyunseung.” Ji-yoon replied as the other girls greeted me and Yoseob.  

“ Well if it isn’t JS,” smirked Hyuna.

I looked her in the eyes as I took her hand and spun her around into my arms. Neither Hyuna nor I had any kind of feelings for each other, but the chance to play Troublemaker was too good to pass up. Especially if it distracted the rest of the girls.

“ Hyunseung. What are you doing?”

“ Oh me?” I spun her around as though we were in the middle of a show. “ What’s wrong with giving your friends a little performance”

I dipped her while watching from the corner of my eye as Yoseob snuck behind the girls. He managed to swipe So-hyun’s boarding pass clear from her hand, scan it over, and slip it back without being noticed. As Yoseob gave me the all-clear signal, I returned Hyuna back to her upright position and brushed her hair out of her eyes with my hand.

“ You two make a cute couple,” Ji-hyun commented. The thought of that somehow sickened me. In my eyes, Hyuna would always be a friend and occasionally a band mate. But she could never be my lover.

Hyuna gave me a look of ill contempt for my actions as I just smiled.

“ We must take our leave, Yoseob. Our plane won’t wait forever. “

Yoseob smiled as we said our goodbyes to 4Minute and walked away. “Did you get the info?”

“ Concourse B. Gate 51.” He gave a satisfied smile as I nodded to him. He then proceeded to stick his tongue out, making sure his back was turned to the girls. Yoseob hated when I played troublemaker. As my friend, he knew it was just an act, and couldn’t enjoy a persona so far from my true self. I proceeded to giggle. After all, Yoseob’s just being himself.

We arrived at the bathrooms and sat down on a nearby bench. We had to wait for Doojoon before we could proceed further. As I continued to talk to Yoseob, a thought resurfaced in my head.

“Hey Seobie. Thanks for saving me from Junhyung.”

“Of course. You really seemed like you were about to crack. What was I supposed to do?”

“Yeah.” I sighed heavily as I thought of Junhyung.

“ You really have a hard time lying to him, but you can easily play Troublemaker. I wonder why that is?”

I turned my head away from him as I felt a slight blush arise on my face. Yoseob smirked and nudged me as Doojoon approached us. “I took care of the cameras. Let’s get going.” I sighed with relief, all-the-while hoping the subject of Junhyung wouldn’t come up again. Why can’t I lie to him?