One of Those Mornings

Fullmoon (part 2): Howling

[Junhyung’s POV]




It’s another one of those mornings. The ones that piss me off. I woke up at about a quarter past 8. Dongwoon and Kikwang were still asleep. I could hear it again as I slowly made my way too the main room; my eyes, still cloudy. After rubbing my eyes I looked over into the kitchen and saw it. The sight that made my skin crawl.

Hyunseung stood over the stove, a white apron tied around his waist. He stirred a wok over the burner as I could smell his fried rice. It sickened me. Technically Hyunseung was not a bad cook but the thought of him waking up before me gave me a headache. Especially when he seemed so perky.

Doojoon and Yoseob were also awake, as they sat at the dining room table, talking. I’m used to Doojoon awakening first but traditionally Yoseob would sleep in on our days off or days when we had nothing to do until the following evening. I couldn’t stand to see all three of them awake, dressed, and cooking breakfast, all before 8 a.m.

“ Morning Junhyung.” Hyunseung held up his wok, flipping his rice over in the pan.

“ Morning.” I grumbled as I headed back into the hallway. I couldn’t stand being around that perky attitude in the morning. I needed a shower before I could even talk to Hyunseung.

I returned about 15 minutes later to see a complete breakfast displayed over the table. Yoseob and Doojoon were halfway through their meals; their mouths constantly filling with food. Hyunseung, however, did not take his seat at the table until I took mine.

I sat down near Doojoon and stared at all the food placed in front of me.

“ Good morning, Junhyung,” Hyunseung said again as he sat in the chair across from mine.

“ Morning,” I uttered out in a finally sincere tone.

“ Not sleeping in today, huh?” Doojoon commented after swallowing.

“ I don’t feel like it.” I started to eat as I looked around at everyone else. “ But you three were up before me. What’s your excuse?”

The three of them glanced between each other as if to create an excuse with their eyes. “Well, we just had a lot of energy this morning,” Doojoon finally  responded.

I rolled my eyes. I knew he was just spewing bull-. After all, we had just finished a recording session and 3 hours of dance practice the preceding day. But why should I care about something they refused to tell me.

“I’mma go wake the others before their food gets cold.” Yoseob skipped off, his dishes, clean.  His appetite seemed to be increased on these kind of mornings.

I set down my plate without finishing. “I’ve got to go pack for that stupid 10 hour fight tonight.”

Doojoon started choking on his food at the mention of the flight. After taking a drink of water and coughing a bit, he replied with a loud, “What?!”

“That flight is tonight?!” Hyunseung shouted.

“It’s been on the calendar for months. How could you forget?”

“I gotta go,” Doojoon said as he ran out the front door.

Hyunseung seemed to be sweating up a storm. Something about flying to London had him nervous. I couldn’t place my finger on it. It’s not like we’ve never been to London before.

“ What’s wrong with you?” I looked around the room before getting up and sitting next to him, putting my hand on his shoulder.

“ Nothing?!” He seemed to jump slightly. He must’ve been hiding something big to not tell me. After all, I could usually get anything out of him “ I-I gotta go check on the others.” He ran out of the room leaving his breakfast behind. I sighed wistfully. Why do I even bother?




[Hyunseung’s POV]



I felt my heart racing, a million miles per hour. My mind was going crazy. A ten hour flight at night! And on a full moon for that matter! There’s no way I could go! We had to find a way to weasel out of flying with the others. I pushed my hair out of my face and walked into the bedroom. Yoseob was smiling as he shook Kikwang. Dongwoon was up but not quite awake.

“Yoseob, we need to talk?”

“What about?”

“ Come on. Doojoon too”

“O-Ok?”

“ Is something wrong?” Dongwoon climbed down from the ladder, nearly missing the last step.

“ No! No, not really” I grabbed ahold of Yoseob’s wrist and dragged him out of the room, the dorm, and into the hallway, where Doojoon was already situated as he made phone calls. “Doojoon! What’re we going to do?”

“ About what,” Yoseob said curiously as Doojoon stood.

“ In case you’ve forgotten tonight's a full moon.. and it’s also our flight out to London” My voice was slightly panicked as Doojoon placed his hand on my shoulder.

“ That flight was tonight?! But-”

“We all forgot, Seobie,” Doojoon interrupted. “However, I have a plan. We’re going to London. We’re just going on the wrong plane.”

“ The wrong plane? What do you mean?” I stood confused.

“ You’ll know soon enough.”