Children

Living the same life as Everyone Else

AN: Hi guys~ I have nothing to say right now, just enjoy the update xD


I turned towards the Student, slightly happy that it was him and not someone who had hurt me in the past. Though, it didn't meant that he wouldn't hurt me in the future. And still, something about him told me to trust him. 

'No, I'm not Ok..'I whispered weakly.. My whole body was in pain and I could barely move. It hurt too much. 

'I should have known..'he mumbled and gently grabbed my shoulders, then pushed me on one of the rocks that had a smooth surface. 'You shouldn't be working like this, do you want to die?' he asked me. Was he really this dense? Did he really think that I had a choice?

'I don't have a choice.. If I don't work, I'll be killed.'I told him softly. I was scared.. What if anyone heard our talk? I would be dead by the next morning. 

'Well.. Okay..'he said. I guess he finally understood how things worked here. But no.. He took my pickaxe that I was still holding tightly in my small hands and turned to the stone I had been hitting it with before. 

'What are you doing?' I asked him, slightly shocked when he started hitting the stone. I would have never thought that he was this strong. He did the work that I needed hours to do in ten minutes. 'Wow..'I whispered. He smirked at me as he came back and sat next to me.

'It looked like you needed some help..'he chuckled. 'You know, you really should rest. You don't look good.'he added as he looked at me closely. Okay, I knew that I wasn't a pretty sight compared to the beautiful Students, but I was still good-looking for a Worker. 

'Thanks..'I rolled my eyes but lay back on the stone. It was cold, but soothed the pain I felt in my back. I smiled softly and I swear that I had heard him chuckle but I was already in dreamland. 

I woke up to the Student shaking me gently. 'Kibum-ah, wake up. It's lunch time..'he said. I opened my eyes slowly and looked at him. He smiled at me and helped me sit up. I knew that I shouldn't trust him, but then I realized that whatever I did, I was going to be killed soon. It's not like people here needed a weak Worker such as myself. I decided to enjoy his company until I could. At least I would have some happy memories. 

'I'll go and get my.. lunch now.'I mumbled, frowning at the thought of eating whatever they were going to give us. I knew that it would be gross.. Even though I felt famished, I knew that I wouldn't eat it. He just nodded and smiled at me softly. I stood up slowly and walked up to the small room where we were given our food. A lot of people was there already, standing in the line obediently.

'I'm so hungry~' I heard a small girl's high-pitched voice. She couldn't have been more then ten years old and it made me feel guilty. I mean, I knew that kids started working at a young age, but the fact that I wouldn't eat my food and she was this hungry still made me guilty. I sighed and decided to give it to her.

'Yeah right..'another soft voice said. 'I really wish my Mama would be here..' It was a tiny boy. He looked even younger than the girl. Tears gathered in my eyes as I remembered that once, I was like them to. At those times, I was still small and innocent. 

'I miss my Mama too, but I'm sure she's happy..'the little girl said and it was her turn in the line. She was given the small, gray tray, and her food was on it. It was a slice of bread and something that I couldn't recognize.

'Oh my god, it looks so~ yummy~!' the little girl squealed and wanted to clap her hands, but in the process, she dropped her plate. Her lower lip started trembling and the next moment, she started crying. 

The man that was standing behind her pushed her out of the line and stomped on her food. 'Poor thing..'I thought. The little girl fell onto the floor, her whole frame shaking. Now I knew where my food would go. I was going to give it to her, and I didn't care of I was punished after that. 

Finally, it was mine turn. The little girl was still on the floor, but the other child, the boy was there with her, hugging her tightly. Both of them were crying. I was given my food and I stepped to the children, forcing a small smile onto my face. Even looking at the food made me hungry, and it looked better than usual. But I had already decided. 

'Hey guys.. Do you need some food?' I asked them softly as I crouched down. The little girl's eyes lit up.

'R..really?!' she asked me. I nodded and watched as she stood up and jumped on me, hugging me tightly. 'Thank you so much Oppa!' she said. I smiled and hugged her back.

'It's alright.. I'm not hungry anyway.. So, are you two new here? I hadn't seen you here before?' I asked them as I stood up and led the children to a table. 

'Yes, we are.'the little girl answered. 'I am Mary~' she smiled and sat on one of the small chairs. 'And this is my friend, uh..'

'My name is Yoogeun..' the boy smiled. 'And you're pretty~' he added. Wait.. I looked at him and smiled, ruffling his hair gently.

'Thank you, Yoogeun-ah..' I was sure that he knew that I wasn't a girl, but I guess he was still small and he didn't know that mostly girls were called 'pretty'. 'And I am Kibum.' I smiled at both of them. Mary was already munching on the bread happily. 

'You have a nice name oppa~'she said with full. I chuckled softly and ruffled her long, blonde hair gently. It was slightly dirty, but she was going to be a beauty when she grew up.. If she was going to grow up at all..