Who's gonna be my soul mate?

Dealing with our lives and Exo

Jaehwa decided to call Saerin to see if the same thing happened to her.

"I can't believe this. Is Exo M in your room right now?"

"I'm guessing the same thing happened to you? I don't know how to react to this."

"Well, I'm surprised! But I'm disappointed that it's not Exo M."

"I would have been happy if it was Exo K." The two girls sighed, earning looks from the boys on both sides. 

"The poster has a bunch of words that aren't readable. What do you think that means?" Jaehwa asked.

"I have no idea. Hey, Kris wants to talk to Suho." Kris took the phone from Saerin.

"Oh my gosh! Hi Kris, I want to tell you that I love you very much, and I hope that Exo M wins many more awards." Jaehwa claimed.

"Thanks so much for supporting us." Kris was happy to have met another fan. 

"Here's Suho." Jaehwa quickly handed over the cell phone to him.

"Hey, everyone must be worried about us. We have to hurry back to the S.M. building."

"Let's meet now; I think the two girls are going to meet up, too," Suho responded.

"Where are we meeting them?" Kris questioned Saerin.

"Music Korea. See you soon." Kris told Suho and hung up.

 However, just before they were about to leave, they noticed the words on the poster changing. The cryptic words suddenly became readable. Exo M and Saerin couldn't comprehend how this was happening. The same thing happened to the poster on the other end, and Exo K and Jaehwa were also confused.

"The two girls must find their soulmates within the two groups, and only then can they discover their true potential and return the Exo members home." Chen read out loud.

"What the hell? Soulmate? That's ing bull." Saerin rolled her eyes. 

"Oh yeah, what's your name?" Lay asked, ignoring Saerin's use of profanity.

"Yoon Saerin."

"Cool. Do you know our names, though?"

"Sure. Lay, right?" He nodded. "You speak Korean pretty well."

"Anyway, let me get ready, and we'll see what the hell is going on when we meet the owner who gave us these posters. I have two bathrooms with a bunch of toothbrushes. You guys can go brush your teeth."

"Awesome. Thanks." Xiumin claimed and quickly dashed to one of the bathrooms. The others followed. 

Saerin sighed. "This is such a pain in the ." 

------

"I bet this is just some sort of hidden camera." Chanyeol shook his head in denial.

"Dude, we came out of a freaking poster!" Kai exclaimed. "How can this be a hidden camera?"

"Now that I think about it, didn't C.N. Blue's music video for Love Girl involve them coming out of a poster too?" Jaehwa mentioned.

"So a fantasy became a reality," Baekhyun murmured.

But what does the poster mean by soulmates?" Suho wondered. He had just finished talking on the phone with Kris.

"Does it mean that one of you guys is supposed to be like my boyfriend or something? I barely know you guys." Jaehwa mumbled.

"But you sure know Exo M," Sehun muttered, looking around her bedroom full of Exo M merchandise.

"This is unbelievable," D.O. murmured while looking back at the poster.

"Ummm, let's hurry and prepare to go to Music Korea. I only have three extra toothbrushes... I can buy more toothbrushes. I'll be back soon." So Jaehwa left for the convenience store. 

Half the boys wandered around her apartment when Suho spotted a picture frame in the living room.

"Whoa, guys... isn't this Lee JaeWook, the choreographer from Y.G. Entertainment?"

"Yeah. She must be a trainee or something." Kai stated, suddenly interested.

"Does she live here by herself?" Baekhyun wondered as he noticed that the other rooms in the apartment were unoccupied.

"Maybe. That's sad. And she looks like she's the same age as Kai and Sehun!" Suho exclaimed. When the three boys in the bathrooms finished brushing their teeth, Jaehwa arrived and gave the toothbrushes to Kai, Suho, and Baekhyun.

"Thank you. What is your name, by the way?" Suho asked.

"Han Jaehwa at your service." She smiled. "No need to introduce yourselves. I already know your names. But honestly, that's pretty much all I know about you guys. No offense or anything. I appreciate your songs and all, but I'm a fan of Exo M."

"We can tell," Chanyeol said as he picked up a pencil box from the table. It had Exo M on it. 

"Hehe." Jaehwa smiled smugly.

The rest of the boys finished brushing their teeth. Jaehwa handed each member a pop tart, grabbed one for herself, grabbed the poster, and left for Music Korea.

As soon as they arrived, they saw Exo M and Saerin. Jaehwa tried her best not to fangirl but couldn't contain her happiness as she shouted, "E.X.O. M!!!!!!"

All the guys became wide-eyed as they were afraid fangirls would appear out of nowhere and ask for their autographs, but surprisingly, no one did. 

Jaehwa covered . "I'm sorry. I'm just thrilled to see you guys in person. I'm Jaehwa, nice meeting you." 

Exo M just nodded. Saerin was also happy to see Exo K. "Hello. I'm a big fan of you guys. My name's Saerin."

"Thank you," Kai said, noticing she was a noona. Jaehwa and Saerin exchanged their cell phones.

"So, do we try finding our way back to S.M., or do we wait and go with the two girls?" Kris asked Suho.

"Let's follow them. There has to be a reason why all of this happened." He replied.

"So, ready to get this show on the road?" Saerin paused before opening the door. 

"Are we gonna ask the guy nicely, or will we yell at him and demand a refund?" Jaehwa inquired. Xiumin and Chen laughed.

"I'm serious, though..." Jaehwa pouted, but she was glad one of her biases was laughing.

"Let's try to do this calmly," Saerin replied as she opened the door. 

"Wait! What if there are fangirls there?" Sehun exclaimed. But it was too late. They were already inside.

"Don't need to worry," Luhan told him. "No one's here."

"Strange..." Saerin eyed the store owner.

"Oh, hello, ladies. I was expecting you two. Hello Exo, nice to meet you." The owner smiled innocently. 

"Don't smile at us like that. Please give us an explanation. Why did Exo come off these posters?" Saerin glared at the owner.

"Let's start from the beginning. You knew I left my wallet on the counter, but you didn't bother telling me. Did you purposely not say anything so I could bump into Saerin and get our posters mixed up?" Jaehwa asked.

"Yep." The owner said confidently. "There's a reason why I didn't say anything. It was going to happen sooner or later."

"What do you mean by that?" The two girls looked at each other, both puzzled. 

"The two of you have met before. But you probably don't remember." The owner claimed. Kris and Luhan translated whatever the girls were saying to the owners to Lay and Tao in case they didn't understand. 

"I would have remembered her," Jaehwa said. "After all, she's super pretty." She murmured.

"Thanks, you are too," Saerin stated, and Jaehwa grinned.

"It was when you were younger. You were 5, and Saerin was 8."

The two girls concentrated on trying to remember, which hit them both simultaneously.

Jaehwa was at the park, waiting for her mom to finish grocery shopping. She was trying to build a sand castle with a bucket she had found. However, she was interrupted by a man.

"Hey, little girl, are you by yourself? Do you want to play with ahjusshi?" Jaehwa was terrified. She knew not to talk to strangers but didn't know what to do. 

Saerin was also at the park with Chunghee. When they noticed the man was bothering the younger girl, they knew they had to help.

"Leave my sister alone," Saerin announced loudly so parents at the park could hear. The man ran away like a coward.

"Thank you, Unnie." Jaehwa hugged her.

"No problem. Do you want to play with us?" 

"Sure!" And they played tag on the big toy and were on the swings until Jaehwa's mom returned. Saerin wondered why a mother would leave her child alone at the park but waved bye to her.

"It was fun. Hope to see you again!" 

"Bye, Unnie!" But they never got each others' names.

"Wow. That little girl was you? At the park?" Saerin asked Jaehwa.

"Yeah. You and that boy played with me after helping me get rid of that ahjusshi. We should have asked each other for our names."

"We were too busy having fun, though." Saerin smiled at the memory but quickly stopped and glared at the owner. "How the hell do you know this though?"

"Because I was that ahjusshi." 

"That's impossible. You look younger than him. Plus, he was fat and short, too." Jaehwa claimed.

"Watch." And the owner got shorter in an instant, and his body widened. Everyone was horrified to see his face and body change shape. "Holy crap! I can't believe this is happening." D.O. got all wide-eyed.

The owner-turned-ahjusshi just smiled. "Yep. I'm a shapeshifter. I've met you Exo boys, too." He said, and then he changed again. He shrank, and his hair got longer and turned brown instead of his initial black. He then developed s, and everyone was shocked to see that he changed into a woman. A beautiful woman.

"Kai! It's the noona you said was hot at our last fan meet!" Tao declared and laughed.

The others were in denial because Kai wasn't the only one who thought the woman was hot.

"Then what do you look like originally?" Kris questioned. 

He returned to his original form, which was the owner—the tall, thin, about 35-year-old, and potentially evil man.

"So you purposely did that to Jaehwa so I would play with her?"

"Your first encounter was merely fate. It was your choice to defend her. "

"What do we have to do with them?" Suho asked.

"Well, I met the 12 of you because, as the posters said, a member from Exo M is Saerin's soulmate, and a member from Exo K is Jaehwa's soulmate. I wanted to see what you guys were like. But of course, you guys are the ones that have to find out who the soulmates are."

"And how do we do that?" Jaehwa questioned as she looked at the Exo K members.

"Well, there are two charm bracelets made just for you two. Each charm is a symbol that represents each Exo Member. For example, this charm is a unicorn representing Lay." He handed the bracelet to Saerin." And this charm is a water drop which represents Suho." The owner gave the bracelet to Jaehwa. 

"If only we could switch bracelets," Jaehwa murmured, but she still thought her bracelet was pretty. The girls put the bracelets on.

But they noticed how the symbols on the charms were white.

"As you interact with each member, you will discover that the symbols representing each member will turn a color—Blue for friendship and red for potential lovers. But your soulmate's symbol will turn purple. Of course, they'll be red before they turn purple." 

"That's kinda cool," Sehun said to no one in particular. 

"But why do we have to find our soul mates? What does the poster mean by discovering our true potential?" Saerin mentioned.

"Well, it's pretty simple really. You girls have powers. But don't worry, Exo does, too."

"Wait, you're saying that the "powers" our company gave us are real?" Baekhyun scoffed in disbelief.

"Who do you think thought of the symbols idea? It certainly wasn't Lee SooMan himself." The owner laughed. 

"You shapeshifted into someone that decided what our concept would be and told our boss, and he was alright with it?" Chen said in disbelief. 

"Yep. Haven't you guys seen how successful it is?" He showed all the Exo merchandise around in the store.

All the members of Exo tried to see if they could use their powers, but nothing happened.

"They don't work right now because you guys haven't found out who the soulmate of each girl is! Once you guys find out who they are, only then can your powers work."

"Are the powers permanent? Like we were born with them?" Kris wondered out loud.

"Yes, the 14 of you have these powers for a reason."

"And the reason is?" Both the girls waited for an answer.

"That's for me to know and you guys to find out later."

"But wait, the poster said we can't return home?" D.O. remembered.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Until the girls find their soulmates, all your fans will think you're taking a hiatus. And even if they saw you guys on the street, at a restaurant or store, even at S.M. Entertainment, they wouldn't recognize you. It'll be as if Exo didn't exist."

The members were reluctant to believe the owner, but just then, two girls came inside the store, wanting SNSD merchandise. 

"Excuse us." They walked past Tao and didn't bother looking at him. "So I heard that Exo isn't returning until June next year." One of the girls stated.

"Seriously? That's like eight months away! But how do you know?"

"My uncle works at S.M."

"Hmmm. B.A.P.'s made four comebacks since their debut in January...."

"Well, at least Exo performed with S.M. Town."

"Yeah, I hope they have a good break." 

"B.A.P. especially needs a good break too. They work so hard, not that Exo doesn't work hard, but you know what I mean."

"I agree. Let's buy some Exo and B.A.P. stuff while at it." The girls finished getting what they wanted and paid for the merchandise. They quickly left and completely ignored Exo.

"Can you believe how they talked about us but didn't even recognize us?" Xiumin exclaimed. 

"Well, there you have it. One last thing: Exo M and Saerin have to live together, and Exo K and Jaehwa have to live together." 

"But I don't make enough money to support six guys!" Saerin glared at the owner.

"I don't either! After all, I'm a senior in high school!" Jaehwa exclaimed.

"We're not happy either. We want to go home to our families." Luhan murmured.

"You girls don't need to worry about money. I've got that covered. As for Exo, I can only allow phone calls to your parents, but that's it, they won't know about any of this, you hear?"

"Alright. But what's your name?" Lay inquired.

"I go by Kane. If you have any other questions, feel free to come here again, but for now, I have to close the shop. I have an errand to run."

"But we still-" Kane kicked Exo and the two girls out of his store.

"Well, I guess we just have to go back to our homes now and try to figure all this out?" Saerin said.

"I guess so. We'll see each other soon, right?" Jaehwa asked.

"Well, yeah, considering how the Exo members probably wouldn't want to be separated for a long time," Saerin murmured.

The Exo members hugged each other and said good luck.

"Sehun-ah, don't miss me too much." Luhan teased.

"Whatever hyung." Sehun stuck his tongue out at him. And Exo M and Saerin departed.

"I'm gonna miss them," Chanyeol murmured.

"We'll see them tomorrow. Why are you guys acting like they will be going somewhere far away?" Jaehwa questioned.

"Well, both subgroups will live in places we aren't familiar with, and we have no idea if all of this is legit. Like seriously, why does it matter who's the soulmate and stuff? Why do we have these so-called 'powers'? How long are we going to live with you? Who is that shapeshifter Kane guy anyway?" Baekhyun sighed loudly.

"I'm sorry, but I'm stuck in the same boat as you. I have no idea. It's not like I wanted this to happen. All I wanted was to have a big poster of Exo M to look at every time I came home from school or dance practice. But no, instead, I got Exo K, and now you guys have to live with me because one of you is supposedly my soulmate. I highly doubt it, but I'm curious about my power, so I'll also try for your sake. You guys want to try out your powers, right?" Jaehwa touched the charms on her bracelet.

"Well, yeah. It would be awesome if I could teleport." Kai mentioned.

"Okay, so we're cool?" Jaehwa held out her hand.

"Yeah. Nice meeting you, Jaehwa." Suho took her hand and shook it. Baekhyun unenthusiastically shook her hand, and the other members also shook her hand.

*Let's hope things go well. Exo K doesn't seem that bad. I wonder who's going to be my soulmate?*

-----

So, what do you guys think about all of this? Saerin questioned Exo M.

"I don't know." They all murmured.

"But what I do know is that I'm starving!" Tao exclaimed.

Saerin had a tiny smile on her face. "I'll order Chinese takeout for lunch then. That Kane guy said he's handled the money problem, right?"

"I guess so. We should get to know each other while we eat."

"Alright." But just as they arrived, Saerin saw Chunghee leaving the house.

Chunghee noticed her and the six boys behind her.

"I forgot to get something… Looks like you've moved on pretty quickly. And there are six of them, to be exact. Are you going to sleep with all of them, even though you wouldn't do it with me?"

"Go yourself, Chunghee." She glared and headed inside. The guys just followed her.

"Sorry about that. I just broke up with him yesterday. He was cheating on me." Saerin muttered. She mentally hit herself. Why was she telling them this?

"I'm sorry. He seems like a douchebag." Xiumin said as he watched Chunghee get in his car.

"He wasn't always like that."

"Let's talk about that when we eat, alright? Hurry and order, Noona!" Tao suggested.

"Okay." She went to get her cell phone. *Exo M seems nice, but if one of them is going to be my soulmate, who would it be?*

-----

A/N: I finally updated after 7/8 months!!! WOOO!!! Haha, well, thanks for reading ^^