Baby, Don't Cry

Dealing with our lives and Exo

"So what do you guys wanna eat? We're probably gonna have to order something because I have nothing in the fridge. I'll need to restock." Jaehwa said as they reached her apartment. 

"We're fine with anything." D.O. stated as the seven of them headed inside.

"Hmm. Alright, then I'll order pizza. I'm ordering two boxes. Is Hawaiian and pepperoni okay with you guys?"

"You're gonna have to order three. We eat a lot. The third one can be cheese." Sehun mentioned.

So Jaehwa called Pizza Hut and ordered.

"Okay. That Kane guy said he would take care of the money right? But how?" Baekhyun pondered.

"I don't know. But I'll go get my wallet. I think I have enough money." Jaehwa went to fetch her wallet in the room but she suddenly screamed. The guys came rushing in.

"Why, what's wrong?" Kai noticed how Jaehwa wasn't injured and there wasn't a robber in sight.

"There's over 200 million won in my wallet!"

"Dang! How the heck did he get the money in there?" Baekhyun and the other members were astonished seeing the amount of money in that wallet.

"Well, I guess I don't need my parents to send over money anymore." Jaehwan murmured.

"Oh yeah, I wanted to ask, why don't you live with your parents?" Suho asked.

"My parents live in the States. I stayed behind because I wanted to become a dancer for YG entertainment." Jaehwa stated while she and the members went back to the living room. 

"I see. So how long have you been training there?" 

"About two months. I'm still pretty new at it but it's really fun." Jaehwa smiled at the thought of dancing with her fellow dancers.

"You must really love dancing." Sehun claimed.

"Yeah. I even know the dances to your songs. Well Exo M's but the dances are the same, right?"

"Yeah, dance with me to History then." Kai declared as he got up. He got his ipod out and put History on it.

The two of them danced to the chorus and the members cheered. Jaehwa seemed to dance almost as well as Kai because she got all the main points down.

"Wow, good job Jaehwa. Dancing is definitely your thing." D.O. complimented.

"Thank you. So you guys have your ipods?"

"Yeah but that's all we have. Our cellphones were taken from the manager and our stuff was in our suitcases. I hope they're okay. There were a lot of fangifts in there." Chanyeol sighed.

"I'm sure they're fine. Oh that reminds me, before the pizza comes, we should assign the room arrangements. I only have two more rooms besides my own so it'll be three and three in each room. Who wants to room with who?"

"I'll room with Kai and Chanyeol." D.O declared.

"Okay, then that leaves Baekhyun, Sehun, and Suho in the other room. Go check your rooms out."

As soon as they entered their rooms, the doorbell rang.

"Hello. The total price is 28,500 won." The delivery guy told her while giving her the 3 boxes. Jaehwa gave him the money and handed him his tip.

"Thank you very much." The guy smiled at her.

"No, thank you." Jaehwa grinned back and closed the door after he left. She placed the pizza down on the living room table and called for the guys.

"The pizza's here!" She hollered. But no one replied or came out. Jaehwa headed towards the two rooms and heard talking from the first room.

"This is so crazy. How the heck did our stuff get here?" Sehun asked. "And there's enough beds for us too."

"I don't know. This is really bizarre though. I mean really, it's not often that you come out of a poster in the bedroom of a girl that's not even your fan, then finding out that you and your members have powers and that two of the members are soulmates to the two fangirls, and that they hold the key of discovering our powers." Suho mentioned.

"Well, on the bright side, we get to have a break. No more practices, no more interviews, no more scoldings from the manager, and no more waking up early. We can sleep in late!" Baekhyun announced proudly.

*I guess Baekhyun seems happier about this.* "Hey guys, the pizza's here." Jaehwa knocked on the door.

"We'll be out there in a minute." Sehun said. 

"Alright." Jaehwa moved on to the second room and didn't hear anything at all.

"Guys?" She knocked on the door.

Chanyeol opened the door. "Oh hey, sorry we were distracted looking at the gifts our fans gave us. It's so weird. When we came in the room, all of our belongings from the plane were here, plus our clothes from our dorm. The only things we don't have are our cellphones. But that's okay since you have a home phone. And you didn't have a bunk bed and another bed before right? I don't understand how but it's pretty awesome."

"No problem. Yeah, I don't understand either but it's cool. Just come out when you're ready." Jaehwa went to the kitchen to get a liter of soda. When she came back to the living room, the members were all sitting around the table, waiting for her before they started eating.

"You guys didn't need to wait. Go ahead and dig in."

"Thanks!" They all exclaimed before scarfing food in their mouths. Jaehwa poured soda in cups and handed them to each member.

"So Jaehwa, exactly how old are you?" Sehun questioned.

"I'm pretty sure I have to call all of you Oppa. My birthday is May 27th, 1994."

"Awesome." Kai smiled. "It's nice to be called Oppa."

"But don't you guys hear that every day from your fans?"

"Well yeah, but now that we're friends, hearing Oppa from you is more special."

"Haha, I don't think I'll call you guys Oppa that often then. Especially since Kai and Sehun were born in the same year as me." Jaehwa teased.

"So how come you like Exo M more than us?" Baekhyun inquired.

"Well... I saw them on happy camp and I guess I fell in love with them from then on. They're really funny. Sure, I saw your performances but for some reason whenever you performed with Exo M, my eyes would wander to them instead. They're extremely talented. I would always watch their interviews and I don't really know, just seeing them made me really happy. "

The guys were all quiet. They kinda felt jealous.

"So your bias from Exo M is Kris?" Suho asked.

"Yeah but I like Chen too. Don't worry guys. I'll start liking you guys too. Afterall, we're living together now. And you guys are talented too, of course."

"Hmmm." Suho just nodded.

"Oh yeah, Sehun you're graduating in February too, right? How are you going to keep up with all your school work now?" Jaehwa questioned.

"I don't know. But I'm not dumb. I catch up pretty quickly. If we finish all of this by January, I'm sure I'll graduate on time." He said in reply.

"I guess we'll just have to see then." Jaehwa sighed.

"Okay, let's play a game. Whoever loses has to wash the dishes." Kai declared.

"No, I'll wash the dishes. You guys are the guests." Jaehwa said sternly.

"No really, it'll be fun." D.O. agreed.

"Fine. So what are we playing?"

"How about the 3,6,9 game?" Chanyeol suggested.

"Alright, I'll start." This starts with one person counting from one and the next person says 2, but the third person has to clap. Every number that has a 3, 6, or 9, the person that's supposed to say that number claps instead. But everyone has to whisper so it makes the game harder.

"One." D.O. whispered.

"Two." Sehun murmured.

*Clap* Suho clapped and the game continued until at 43, Chanyeol messed up and didn't clap.

"Haha, you suggested this game and you lost!" D.O. laughed.

"Pssh whatever. Besides 7 dishes and cups aren't a lot." Chanyeol got up and started to get the dishes.

"I'll help. You wash, I'll dry." Jaehwa smiled at him and picked up the cups.

"You don't have to, you know." Chanyeol said shyly.

"But I want to." Jaehwa stated. The two of them went to the kitchen sink and started to wash the dishes. Chanyeol thought that it would have been awkward between the two of them but it was the opposite. The two of them even had a water fight.

"Yah, stop! You're getting my hair wet. It's not fair because you're so tall." Jaehwa complained. Even though she was younger, she was able to speak informally since they were all going to live together.

"Haha, being tall has its advantages." Chanyeol said and the two of them naturally got closer.

The other members noticed the two of them and looked at each other. "So is Chanyeol gonna be the first candidate?" Sehun said in a hushed tone.

"I guess so, not that I care anyway." Baekhyun rolled his eyes before going to his room. "I'm so glad that we can finally relax." He said to himself and he fell asleep when he fell on the bed. Because he went to asleep by himself, Jaehwa and the others went grocery shopping without him.

"Are you guys sure it's okay to just leave him?" Jaehwa was worried something would happen to him.

"Baekhyun doesn't like grocery shopping anyway." D.O. mentioned.

"Yeah, he likes shopping for clothes instead." Chanyeol claimed. The six of them bought ingredients for kimchi, bibimbap,(mixed rice) and japchae. (fried stirred noodles)

Baekhyun woke up when they came home. "What the heck guys! You guys should have told me you were going somewhere so I could go along. Why did you leave me by myself?"

"What are you complaining about? We just went grocery shopping. Besides you got to have a good nap." Kai said as he set the groceries on the kitchen table.

"Oh, okay I guess I'll help cook dinner then." Baekhyun offered.

"Psssh, you at cooking. I'll help instead." D.O. claimed.

"Thanks, but actually both of you guys can help." Jaehwa and Baekhyun started to make the japchae but the two of them didn't even interact with each other. They both did their own thing. D.O. made the bibimbap by himself. 

"This will last us for days!" Jaehwa exclaimed as she realized how much bibimbap there was. It was in the biggest bowl she had. "I don't think that can fit in the fridge."

"Don't worry. The guys will end up eating half of it." D.O. stated. "And then we can put the rest in a smaller bowl."

After a while, the three of them finished preparing for the food. Baekhyun set out the bowls and untensils and Jaehwa and D.O. brought out the food. "Guys, time to eat!" D.O. called for them. The guys came out of their rooms and sat at the kitchen table. 

"Thanks for the food!" They all shouted and began to eat like they were having an eating contest.

"Guys, slow down. You guys might get indigestion." Jaehwa laughed.

"Sorry, it's just that it's been so long since we've been able to eat homemade food like this." Chanyeol said after he slurped up the japchae.

The Exo K members and Jaehwa spent the rest of the night enjoying their food and getting to know each other more.

--------

"Awesome. There's more than 200 million won in here." Saerin said as she looked in her wallet. She had just finished ordering the Chinese food. "I guess I'll take a break from working for a while."

"That is so awesome! I wonder how that Kane guy got all that money though." Xiumin murmured as he sat on one of the chairs.

"What's your job?" Luhan asked as he nudged Tao to stop messing around with Kris. The three of them were sitting on the couch.

"I'm a waitress at a cafe."

"Really? That type of job doesn't seem like it would suit you. You seem too badass for that." Lay stated.

Saerin glowered at him and he shut his mouth.

"What's the name of the cafe?" Chen questioned.

"That One Cafe."

"Haha, so when people say 'Let's go to that one cafe' and then they're like 'which one?' 'That One Cafe'. Wow, so original." Tao laughed his off.

Yeah it's a pretty dumb name but it's a good place. Oh yeah, you guys should check out the rooms. There are three rooms so two members in each one."

"I'll room with Chen!" Xiumin declared.

"Wanna room together?" Luhan asked Lay. He nodded.

"That leaves the two of us." Kris said to Tao. "But do you have enough beds for us?"

"I have sleeping bags." Saerin mentioned. "But they're all the way in the basement."

"We can get them later. Lay and I call for the room closest to the bathroom!" Luhan and Lay dashed upstairs to the last room, which was the guest room. 

It should have been completely empty except for one queen sized bed. But instead, two single beds took its place. All of Lay and Luhan's belongings were on the floor and their clothes were in the closet. The same thing occurred in the other two rooms. Kris and Tao's room had not only their possessions, but there was a poster of Exo K in front of the beds that originally belonged to Saerin. In Chen and Xiumin's room was a bunch of weight training equipment along with their luggage.

"Whoa." All six members said. Saerin was going to get the sleeping bags but she heard Tao scream "Holy crap! How did all our stuff get here?"

Saerin went to Kris and Tao's room to see the two of them checking the stuff in their luggage.

"Hmm. I guess it's Kane's work also?" Saerin pondered. The doorbell rang and Saerin went to get the Chinese food. She called for them and the seven of them sat at the high kitchen table.

"Oh, the chairs spin!" Xiumin smiled while spinning around in the chair.

"Yah, you're the oldest, start acting like it." Kris scolded him.

"Really? I would have thought that Kris was the oldest." Saerin looked surprised.

"I'm the third oldest. The order is Xiumin, Luhan, Me, Lay, Chen, and Tao."

"Hmm. Interesting." Saerin murmured.

"How old are you, Noona?" Tao inquired.

"21. My birthday's July 22nd."

"Oh so you're the same age as me then." Lay mentioned.

"I'm not calling you Noona." Chen retorted.

"Why not?" Tao asked him.

"She looks like she's younger than me. It's okay if we speak informally right?"

"I don't care." She muttered as she stuffed full of orange chicken and chow mein.

"So do you want to talk about that jerk?" Xiumin asked.

"I guess." She took a bite of her chow mein before she began. "Chunghee and I go way back. We met at an orphanage. My parents and older brother passed away in a car accident. I was the only survivor."

"I'm so sorry. How old were you?" Luhan questioned.

"8. My brother was 11." Saerin kept silent for a few seconds but continued telling her life story.

"The first day I arrived, Chunghee was the first and only friend I befriended. All of the other kids had their own friends to hang out with. Chunghee had arrived the day before because his parents were arrested for illegal drug use and he was abused by them."

"He was the nicest kid ever. He would defend me whenever I got bullied in school and we were always together. We started dating in high school. When we were 17, he took me to the Namsan tower and we put our locks there." Saerin sighed.

"You'll have to find them and take them out then." Chen mentioned.

"Yeah. Anyway when we graduated, he got a job at an office downtown. But after our 4th year of dating, he began to change. He became more distant. He never wanted to hang out anymore. If he did, it was always at home and he wanted to do more than kissing and hugging."

"What a douchebag." Xiumin muttered. "A relationship doesn't always have to include ."

"Hmm. That's what I told him but he didn't listen. We began to get into more arguments and he even hit me once. And at that point, I realized our relationship would never be the same again. He had become like his parents. Eventually he began to look at other girls and started to have more 'business trips'. Yesterday, he came home drunk and his shirt was full of lipstick stains. He was gone for two days and didn't tell me anything except that he had a business trip in Incheon. He was actually staying at a girl's place. So I kicked him out."

"Wow." Kris was speechless. *This girl had such a complicated life.* 

"So how were you able to afford this huge house if you work at a cafe and he had a simple office job?" Chen questioned.

"When I left the orphanage, I found out that my parents had inherited money from my grandfather that had passed away a few years after I arrived at the orphanage. But he didn't know that his son had died in a car accident. I had never even met my grandpa. But that money went to me because his lawyer found me."

"Dang..." All the members were quiet. "I'm sure they're all resting in peace though." Chen said in a soft tone.
 

"Wait, so does Chunghee still have the house key? Since he was able to come in the house earlier saying he 'forgot' something'. Luhan asked.

". He probably does. If he comes here again, I'll take it from him." 

"So what does Exo K have anything to do with all of this?" Tao interrogated.

"Well the day you guys debuted was the day that Chunghee had hit me for the first time. I walked out of the house and decided to go to the shopping areas of Seoul. When I heard Mama playing in the stores, I began to like Exo K. The lyrics to Mama kind of impacted me because it was meaningful. You guys are pretty cool too, I guess. But I don't understand Mandarin so I couldn't really get into your songs. But when you performed with Exo K, I noticed you guys." Saerin stopped talking. "Damn, I talked a lot. Well enough about me. You guys' turns."

"Hmm. Well you'll just have to discover more about us!" Tao grinned.

"What? That's not fair! The only thing I know is your ages!" Saerin glared at him.

"It'll be more fun this way. Afterall, we're living together now." Lay smiled.

"Whatever. Freaking made me talk the whole time." Saerin uttered while she got up and started to clean up.

"I'll help." Xiumin offered. He threw away the boxes of chow mein and orange chicken and walnut shrimp. Saerin didn't say anything. 

"The leftovers are what we're eating for dinner. I also have ramen. But that's it. Sorry guys."

"That's fine. We can go grocery shopping tomorrow!" Tao smiled at the thought of more food.

The Exo M members went in their rooms. Saerin left to go tell her boss that she was going to take a temporary leave of absence. She then decided to walk to the park. *So this is where I met Jaehwa. What are our powers? And why do we have them?* She didn't really think about one of the Exo M members being her soulmate because at the moment she wasn't attracted to them. She had just broken up with her boyfriend of 5 years afterall. *Screw it. Whatever happens will happen.*

When she came home, the guys were already eating.

"Sorry, we got really hungry. We should have waited." Xiumin said with a guilty look on his face.

"It's fine. I'm not gonna eat. You guys are washing the dishes then. You guys can watch the TV or play the wii, sorry I don't have a playstation. You guys probably play call of duty right?" Saerin headed upstairs to her room.

"Thanks and it's alright. You have Mario Kart though, right?"

"Of course. Have fun." The guys continued to eat and washed the dishes afterwards. Saerin could hear the guys playing Mario Kart. 

"What the heck, man?! I totally would have won if it weren't for that stupid blue shell." Tao whined.

"You're welcome." Luhan laughed. 

"Woo! First place!" Lay hollered.

Saerin started to clean up the room. It was just her room now. Anything that had to do with Chunghee, she would throw away. Like the jewelry he had bought for her and all the pictures of them around the room. But the thing that would hurt her the most if she threw it away, was the very first gift he had given to her before they were dating, a simple teddy bear holding a rose. Saerin had treasured it for 6 years. 

"I think I'll just keep this." She said to herself before dumping everything else in the trash. Saerin went to take the trash outside and noticed the guys had fallen asleep on the couches and chairs.

"Guys, if you're gonna sleep, go sleep in your rooms." She said loudly.

They all woke up groggily. "Good night." They all murmured before going upstairs to their rooms.

Saerin turned off the wii and TV and went to the kitchen to get an ice cream sandwich. As she ate it, she hummed to Angel. *Ice cream really does heal heartbreak.* She decided to watch a movie which was Wonderful Radio. 

When the movie ended, she started to get up and head back to her bedroom but then she heard the front door unlock. *What the heck?* Saerin grabbed a wii baseball bat and anxiously waited for the door to open.

"Hey. It's me." Chunghee held his hands up. 

"What the hell do you want? I told you I never wanted to see your face again and you show up again twice." She muttered after putting the bat down.

"Sorry. It's just that I forgot to return the house key. And the thing is, I kinda wanted to see your face again."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm hoping that we could be friends at least. I didn't mean what I said about getting tired of you. I just wanted to see other people." 

"If only you did that after we broke up, not while we were dating." She glowered at him.

"Yeah. I know, it was my mistake. I've made a lot of them and I'm hoping that you can forgive me." He placed the house key on the table. 

"Well, I'm sorry but you can't expect me to be only friends with you after all that you've done to me. You know, you were the very reason I would breathe every day but you suffocated me. Hell, now you're still suffocating me. You probably have no idea how much I've been hurting for the past two years. You probably don't give a . I loved you for so long, but all those I love you's you said to me had no meaning. My love for you was sincere. Yours was as fake as your personality." For the first time since her family passed away, tears were threatening to pour out of Saerin's eyes.

"Okay, I'm not listening anymore. I actually did love you at one point but screw this. I know I messed up a few times but you did not have to say all that. You know what? There's no hope for us. You're right, we can't even be friends. Have a good life, Saerin." Chunghee muttered before walking out the door.

At this point, Saerin cried to her heart's content. 13 years worth of tears. She sat down and hugged her knees, covering her face.

But Saerin didn't know that Chen had woken up and heard everything she and Chunghee had said to each other. Chen slowly walked down the stairs and was saddened at the sight in front of him.

"Saerin. It's okay." He sat beside her and patted her on the back.

"Go away." She murmured. "You don't need to see me like this."

"It's fine. But it's breaking my heart seeing a pretty girl crying because of a douchebag like him." But her tears wouldn't stop so Chen decided to sing.

"Baby, don't cry tonight, after the darkness passes. Baby don’t cry tonight, it’ll become as if it never happened. You’re not the one to disappear into foam, something you never should’ve known. So Baby don’t cry, my love will protect you.

Saerin looked at him with tears streaked across her cheeks. "You have a very nice voice. But that song isn't released yet, right?"

"It'll be on our first album."

"Well, thanks for singing to me." She murmured as she wiped her tears away.

"No problem." And to surprise Saerin even further, he gave her a hug.