Chapitre' 1

Him and Her, The Grim and the Blur

 

 

       

NARRATOR'S POV :

 

       "Where's your tie? And you, where's your school badge ha?" a stern feminine voice scolded some boys coherently by the school gate. The boys had no better answer, they were only able to remain silent.

"Oh, well working the silent treatment? That's fine. Let's see if you could remain this silent at detention." she finally decided and gave them the infamous orange detention slips.

Only the student president council could give out such slips, it was none other than Kim Yumi. Eventhough she is just a girl, but that didn't even stop her from carrying out her responsibilties and duties as the head president student council. She is beautiful, smart, fearless and is very diligent and hardworking in achiving something. She walked heading towards her class through the hallway crowded with students also wanting to reach their respective classes.

As usual, every morning a handsome guy would loyally wait for her by the classroom door and happily greet her,

"Wow, someone's in a bad mood today. How's my pretty president doing?"

She glared at him in one go and sighed,

"Can you stop flirting with girls in the morning? It's still early, and so what if I'm in a bad mood? Aren't I always am?" she huffed and made a face. A fed up one.

The guy laughed cutely and escorted the tired and somber president to her table. He took a chair and sat facing the president, who was the apple of his eyes.

"President, you look very lovely today. Have you had breakfast already?" he asked and was rummaging his backpack for something.

"Thanks for complimenting me even I look like , and nope didn't have time for breakfast. Besides I'm not that hungry and I can eat later-,.."

As she wanted to finish what she was trying to say she was fed and was stuffed with a piece of bread. She was suprised, but couldn't say anything as she had to finish the food first to avoid from choking to death.

"Breakfast is important. I put butter and cream on it. Yummy isn't it?" he smiled and too, ate the bread he made himself.

"Yah! Don't suddenly stuff things in my mouth, what if I choke on it? Yah!" she was mad, and she hit the guy on his arm.

"You're welcome president."

She swalloed the bread slowly and carefully, but had a soury look on her face. "Next time put butter and strawberry instead? But it was yummy though, thanks Kibum." She was grateful for having such a thoughtful and caring friend like him.

"Yumi-shii!!!" someone called out her name, and she instantly looked towards the direction where she heard her name was called.

"Yumi-ah, have you sign those papers for the sports thingy? Coach Hyungjo wants it." a guy who was dressed fully in his tracksuit asked.

"Oh, Byung hyun-ah. I got the papers here, do you want it now?" not wasting time, she immediately took out a file under her desk and search for the required papers.

Byung-hyun came closer to her and nodded. She finally found the papers, and quickly handed them over towards Byung-hyun, who was the captain of the school's sports team.

"Thanks Yumi. Oh yea, by the way you look dead like a zombie,  go get a drink or something.The school will be wiped out completely without you, ya know.See you around president." he said and went off to hand those papers to his coach.

Everyone in school adresses Yumi as 'president' and respects her very much. But, there are some who dislikes the fact that a girl is leading the school, and was willful and stubborn enough to disobey and won't  follow and abide by her instructions and rules. Even so, she never gave up and wanted to create a better and prestigious environment for their high school.

        She looked around her class and felt something was off. When she realised, "Eh, where's Jinyoung?" she abrubtly asked towards Kibum, who was busily fixing and combing his hair so it becomes neat according to his style.

"I guess he overslept again, and missed the bus to school. Or he's just lazy to go to school." he answered and put away his comb and averted his attention again at Yumi. His eyes never did once left her, never.

"You like him?"

In return, she tilted her head towards him, giving Kibum the 'wtf' look and let out a pretended cynical laugh but it  turned out to be more like a kid chuckling overjoyed.

Even when she's angry, irritated, moody and feeling crappy or just whenever she's on 'that-special-time-of-the-month', to Kibum's eyes, she seemed absolutely beautiful in every way and during any time. Every angle, every side and all her personalities had emerged and shined to him, untill it reached to a point that he's been deeply in love with her since the first time he laid eyes on her. Which was 10 years ago.

 Kim Kibum, the school's most famous and  sought cassanova, (In reality he was, but it's just he's mask. Behind the scene, he just can't take his eyes of Yumi) how he was the mastermind in capturing the hearts of all the girls in school, he's sweet and alluring words could be used to convey and capture all the innocent and naive hearts and souls of them. He's y seductive voice could even melt their hearts like gooey marshmallows,  his aegyo compatent enough to 'wow' them,  and how he owns this pair of small and slanting eyes but however it can transmit an aura to be seen as a pair of remarkable exotic eyes, his extraordinarily good-looking face and those phenomenal and out of the ordinary smile that could lite up the whole town.

Hearing her talk about other guys, moreover if she looks at them, somehow it could offend his heart and he would be very-most-really-extremely-exceptionally pissed off and overly outraged, uncomfortably unease and on top of that he would feel restless if he sees her with someone else, especially guys who are sharp and closley good-looking to him. Kim Yumi only belonged to him, someday she will be.

          Guys like Jung Jinyoung, the rather new transfer student who moved from California and came here a few months ago. From Kibum's point of view, seems like Yumi is harbouring an interest and had developing feelings for this guy.

"Aish, he seemed like an educated good guy.. He's got admirable records and good grades, astounding achivements and clean from discipline problems. Unlike you pabo's around here." she snorted, then straighten up her back body to position it in a good posture.

Kibum was annoyed. Oh man, he was. He gritted his teeth intensely and couldn't be denied though as he suddenly hit the President's table loudly, exhibiting how he was annoyed beyond his maximum level of annoyanceness. This was he's way for expressing towards Yumi about everything, specifically on his own feelings.

Yumi eyed Kibum suprisingly, "YAH,YAH!!! WHAT'S WITH YOU?! Slamming on someone's table like that,  what the hell???". All of a sudden, Kibum approached towards her calmly and slowly, his charismatic meaningful gaze locked on her completely.

"You're so noisy mam', would you prefer  if I give you the orange slip?".

"HEY, I should give you instead! Slamming on my desk, especially the president's desk is already considered as rude based on my own laws, okay?! Cehh,.. You punk."  she layed of her anger and sense of being irritated by the 'bad boy' bully and spun her head to another direction.

Kibum was still staring at her, and he knew by then she was just... amazing the way she is. No matter how many times she would hit him, slap, high-kick him, or yell at and scold him, his eyes will only be on her.

Unknowingly he fell in love with her each time, that is to say every minute, every second, every hour of the day. Again and again, without a fail or and end to it, his feelings for her are infinitely.

"Why so serious? Yumi-ah, have you watched last night's episode of Running Man? I want you to only look at me, is that so hard?" Kibum implored to her with his renowned charm. She gave him the look again, and lastly she gave up with her sulky attitude and continued on her revision since the teacher was on a leave.

"Well, I knew it all along Mr. Sparta Kooks would've won. I mean, the way he flipped that ttakaji in one shot was just,... Do your work Kibum and stop harassing me." she finally said and her day was just beginning, as the sun rose higher indicating lunch time would be coming soon.

Secretly, deep down in her heart she had already 'been caught' or was entranced by somebody else, someone who have saved her life not long ago, her

 

'mysterious-superhero-in-disguise'.