His Chain Of Memories : Memoire' 1

Him and Her, The Grim and the Blur

 

 

This part is based on one of my 'character's in the story, keep calm and scroll down to find out and soon this character will be revealed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

MYSTERIOUS POV :

 

        I was on the floor with my bleeding head. It was throbbing, and the pain was crucial as I started to feel light-headed. I was about to pass out, and the only thing on my mind was, 'Is this the end for me?' I was on the floor, lying faintly on it, feeling weak and exhausted. Then, to my horror he came towards me and pulled me up, grabbed my hair like how he always did and slapped me. Only his slap felt like a punch on the gut. He was terrifying. I managed to endure the undescribable pain as I reflected back to what happened a few months ago.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

       "Stay and hide here quitely. Whatever happens, don't say a word, or move from here okay? Mummy loves you so much." Mother sadly instructed me and kissed my forehead as if it will be her last time seeing me, like someone was bidding farewell to their loved one before going somewhere 'far-far-far away unreachable'. 

        Back then,I didn't understood the actual reason why she was acting strangely and why I had to obey by her orders just now. She hugged me, and kept on apologizing for having to do so and without telling me what was going on. She shut the closet door and went off towards somewhere. Time moved on, and mother was still not here to come and get me out of this closet. Suddenly, I heard a noise outside and the sound was familiar to me, a sound I frequently would hear in video games, especially shooting games. A gun shot sound, it was really loud as I had to cover my ears. I heard heavy footsteps nearing my hiding place and I was afraid. Is it mother? Or was it someone else? I hid myself behind the pile of clothes, hoping no one would know and get noticed that I was hiding here. Someone opened the closet door and I was shivering, beads of cold sweat formed on my forehead.

"YAH! Why are you looking in a closet? We are searching for the stuff, not some furry coats. Now come, I think it's stached somewhere near the other room." a man scolded the guy who opened the closet door, and both of them went out of the room instantly.

I was relieved, but not so as I wanted to see and search for my mother. Silently, I opened the door and to my suprise Mother came and hugged me. She was bleeding, and I knew something was wrong.

"Listen here, you must stay and wait for the cops to come okay? They will be here any minute now. Be good, and know you were loved. I love you so much my dear." Mother was saying some words I didn't want to accept at all, as I was shaking her and kept on asking why she's acting strangely and what had just happened.

A noise came from mother's room, and the man from recently said, "She's still alive, get her!"

The big scary  man appeared form the hallway with a gun on his hand. Mother pushed me back inside the closet and tried to close the door, to shield and protect me from the man. Unfortunately, the door wasn't properly closed and I could still see what was happening outside the closet.

And the consequences afterwards was what had lead me to what I have become 10 years later.

The scary looking guy choked my mother and kept on asking where 'the stuff' was hidden and something related to and about my father. My father who had been inexpicably missing since last year. My mother kept quite, said no word to him and even avoided his eyes.

I guess the man lost his temper as he threw my mother on the floor,  he took out his gun and was aiming to shoot my beloved mother. What could I do, I was merely just a ten year old boy who was supposed to celebrate his birthday tomorrow. I was frozen, and tears spilled out from my eyes like horrendous flood.

"I'll ask you one last time, where is the 'stuff'?" My mother still insisted not answering his question, and only said,

"I love you, Jiyong-ah..."

And that became the reason to her tragic death. I came dashing out of the closet like a mad person and tried to tackle the giant man on the ground, obviously my attempt was unsuccesful and such a waste too. The man kicked me, and I landed besides my mother's corpse.

"Umma,.. I,.. Mianhe'..." I cried and the pain was aching terribly from my heart. It was a sinful torment, the most extreme pain I had ever felt. The death of my mother I have to bear for the rest of my life.

"We don't want any witnesses.. Just kill the boy and let's move out. I doubt she hid it here, she's quite smart on cheating us to here." the man who I assumed was the boss to the scary looking man.  Again, the big scary man aimed the gun towards me, and I was prepared to die. 

Dying would be better than facing the harsh and cruel life ahead of me without my mother.

The gun shot was heard again, indicating that I was shot and probably was on my way to heaven with mother. But, why was it not painful at all was death always this easy? I opened my eyes, and  realized that I was still alive and breathing, it wasn't me who had been shot, and aslo it wasn't the big scary man who released that shot. A tall man was infront of me, and he was the one who released the shot, and the scary man collapsed to the ground. The other man panicked and ran away for his life. The man who saved me crouched next to me and carried me with him. I tried to see his face, but my eye lids were heavy and I felt sleepy and worn-out from everything that had just happened.

"I'm so sorry for your lost. I'm sorry for being late." he whispered faintly. There was a kind sense of guiltiness and sorrowness distincted from his voice and I fainted.

Who was my saviour? What exactly was going on?

 

~~~~~~~~

 

      I watched as they lowered the coffin inside the ground which had been prepared to be buried. Although it has been 12 hours since the unfortunate and misfortunate incident, I still could not believe and the realization has not yet to come and wake me up to tell me the painful truth. When I was awake at the hospital, they told me my mother was involved in a regretable misunderstanding. As soon as they announced the news, I cried as loud and mournful as I could.

How do you expect to accept such terrible news regarding the most and absolute person you love in this world?

And what's worst, since my mother and also father had no close relatives, I am forced to be sent and live at an orphanage. On my second day at  the hospital, the man who saved me came by to visit me and I throw fits and screamed at him furiously.

Why did he had to interfere and save me, why didn't he just let me be killed by the man? Why?

He hugged me tightly and said, "It was your mother's last request, I had to obliged by it. Whether it's to you and my liking or not, I had too." 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

     "Afterwards, don't forget to wash my clothes okay? Or not, I'll slap you're pretty face again." he warned and threatened me, word after word like the big bully he was and always did.

I solemnly looked on the floor, not wanting to see his face at all. Since my arrival here, the kids often bullied and had a fun time picking on me. I guess they do this to all the newcomers at this orphanage. Suddenly, I became an object for them to make fun of or do errands. It has been an awful 2 months I've been unluckily stuck here. Sadly, up untill now there had been no one who was interested on having me as their foster child.

Truthfully, I was never happy being here.

They did not acknowledged my presence and existence at all, and none of them even wanted to be my friend.

I was always sad and depressed, and it's funny how I could forget how it feels to be happy, laugh or smile again. I even tried to run away, but my efforts were useless and all of it failed miserably.

Sometimes I think to myself, was my fate  to stay here and age up untill I die?

 

~~~~~~~~

 

      I looked at the man and woman infront of me. They were both holding hands together and smiled warmly and lovingly at me.

"Hello, Jiyong. We heard about your sad story and all. And we have decided to take you with us. Do you want to?" she said and looked me in the eyes.

I felt quite happy and glad to know that I would finally get out of this horrid place and just went away with someone else and start anew.

"We've been trying to get a child, you know. But, we've been very ill-fated as I could not conceive a child. Therefore we've decided to adopt you. Jiyong, we would love you and give everything there is to you. So, what will your answer be?" she asked again and extended her hands at me.

It was like a hope and miracle to me. I looked at her again, and at the man. Without hesitation, and not thinking over it twice, I accepted her offer as I thought oppurtunity won't knock on the door twice.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

      I sat on a chair by Yoon Seo's bed. She definitely, without question or doubt looked very ill. Her face was as pale as a corpse, her brittle and weak hands were cold and she just seemed very tired.

"Jiyong-ah, would you please come closer?" she spoke in her fragile and low yet gentle voice.

I immediately went near her, and held her hands within mine. Her hands were still warm just like her soul.

"I know it's only a short time being with you, but please take care of yourself. It was a pleasure taking care of you. It was a bless to have known you. Remember, to always keep on moving forward and put the past behind. I love you, my dear Jiyongie..." she said between breaths, and gave me her smile.

The same exact smile she presented to me during our first meeting. 

"Yoon Seo-ah, please. Don't leave me, don't go just yet. It was such a short time, I want to spend more time with you and Sang Jung. Yoon Seo, I love you too and yes I promise." I said in tears, and found it hard to breathe.

My heart was in much pain and agony, and I wondered why did God had to take away everything that I ever loved and hold dearly to me. I was in more grieve and was extremely tormented when the doctor's have confirmed her death was due to cancer.

I fell to my knees and cried more loud and mournfully than ever.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

      Since that day and onwards untill today, Sang Jung my foster dad, the husband to Yoon Seo had totally  lost it and changed alot. He blamed me for the death of his beloved wife, and had cursed and swore to make me live in misery untill I die. Turned out the truth was, he was only inclined to agree and go along with her plan to adopt a kid as they both knew death was just around the corner awaiting her because of the cancer. It was her last wish, her only request to him as she was on the brim of her life. Love can make you do outrageous things and this was the best example. But in a wrong way.

I could not do anything, as I was bound to be with him untill my contract ends which shall be another 3 years. Every single day he would torture me, and it was the same for today.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________                          

 

 

              I looked at him, and had no will to stop him. Just end my life, I thought. He took a knife, and was preparing to stab me. The strength inside of me was not enough to avoid his upcoming attack.

"Its better this way." he said in a cold and vicious tone as he held and raised the knife as the same level as his eyes.

"Get up." a voice called out to me in this hectic calamity.

"Be Strong." the voice called out again.

When suddenly and out of nowhere to my suprise, I shockingly felt a surge of power emerging and were flowing inside of me like I was summoned by an unknown force to just get back up on my feet and beat the crap out of him. Some kind of an unknown sensation or this unexplainable feeling and strength coming suddenly within me.

He took a step forward when suddenly I rolled to my left and kicked him. He fell down, and his knife was just next to me.

 

 

I took it, and I stabbed him.

I was only 12, and I have murdered my adopted father.

MY FIRST MURDER

Because I had promised both of them to stay alive.

To put the past behind, and keep moving forward,

NO MATTER WHAT

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

JAYZAYY'S NOTE : Well, for the confused readers.. This stroy is mainly divided into 2 parts which are,

                               'His chain of memories' and the 'Narrator's Pov, His Pov or Her Pov and so on..'

                                  => His chain of memories are from Jiyong's past

                                  => Narrator's Pov : You're reading

                                  => His Pov : Jiyong's Pov present/past

                                  =. Her Pov : Yumi's Pov present/past