Chapitre' 3

Him and Her, The Grim and the Blur

 

 

  "I've always thought that you were worthless. Why did he even cared bringing you here?" a man laughed mockingly at Jiyong.

"I wonder that too sometimes. Seriously, I don't know for sure. I quit." Jiyong declared bodly before he took out his gun and threw it on the floor. Jiyong turned around and about leave the room. Never once in history someone or anyone would dare to risk their live by betraying him, Jang Gae Suk the Devil. Might be this was the first time someone defied him and might be the last time he would let this happen again.

"You walk out of that door, you'll know the consequences. Try and do it, I swear to you. You won't ever have a normal life anymore. I'll haunt you Kwon Jiyong." he warned in resentment.

"My life has never been normal. I will live, and nothing can stop me from living. Nothing, not even you." And a gun shot was heard.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

Jiyong woke up, and he panted. He looked to his left and right, his dreams were vividly true to him. Trapped and feel wretched in his own nightmares was not something new to him. Ever since he killed his stepfather, he would always have nightmares every night. "As if I could feel him everywhere." He sighed and stood up heading towards his kitchen to have a drink. While in the kitchen, he glanced towards the clock hanging on the wall, it was 2.00 a.m in the morning. Suddenly, out of nowhere a cat came towards Jiyong and rubbed it's smooth body against his legs. Jiyong looked down, and saw a black cat looking also at him with it's cute big eyes. "Mimi-ah,.. You hungry? Want some milk? I'll go get it for you, okay." he then went and opened his fridge which was shockingly filled with many carton's of milks and bottles of mineral water. He took out a carton of full cream milk and poured some for his beloved cat, Mimi. Instantly, Mimi hungrily drank the bowl of milk and Jiyong took the chance to pet her. Afterwards, he sat next to Mimi,

"I don't think she remember's you too. I think she's  forgotten about that day." he grumbled somberly feeling really grim. He couldn't even forget the day they encountered one another and he also had faith that they were bound to meet again somehow, someday and somewhere in the future. It's like he was missing her, but they don't know each other at all. That feeling of missing someone you've never met before, but you knew the person by just looking at their eyes. Kwon Jiyong has fallen for her eyes, but they don't know him yet.

"'I just want you to remember me, like... 'Hey, aren't you that guy who saved me? Or something like that." he kept on fussing his dejectedness to his cat who was faithfully beside him it's paws.

"How am I suppose to pretend I never want to see you again?"

Then, he remembered back what happened at school on his first day as a new student from 'Canada'.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

NARRATOR'S POV :

 

"Anneyongsaeyo, I am Kwon Jiyong. I'm from Canada and I,.. Hope that we can get along well." he calmly introduced himself and faked a friendly smile. The whole class's attention was fully on him right now, and he wasn't even bothered yet intimitated at all. They eyed him from head to toe and there were even voices complimenting on his breathtaking good looks and striking charm. Mostly it was the girls saying it not the boys though. Still, Jiyong couldn't care less. He had ignored them completely, neglecting the need to be friends or be nice to them. He just wanted to see her, he wanted to get to know her. Whenever she looked at him, even for only awhile, it was as if he was catching a glimpse of heaven. And his heart, nearly almost stopped when she does look at him. This was her, without falter it was her. When they first met at the principal's office, he was a bit skeptical about her. His heart wavered, his mind was perplexed at first. However, when they met face to face, their eyes looked directly at each other and the rest was history. During that short moment words were no longer necessary. He thought that he had already discarded those feelings, the lingering attachment towards someone. Somehow, and in that moment when she turned around facing him during their way to class, a bigbang of emotions hit him like he was hitten by a tsunami. How possibly could he ever imagined that those feelings he had forsaken, came back to him. And, he didn't regret a thing. After introducing himself to his so called classmates, he briefly looked at Yumi and quickly looked at the front.

"You heard him, now where shall I seat you at? Oh, maybe you can seat-,..." the teacher tried to suggest Jiyong on where he should sit, and honestly Jiyong would preferably sit on his own. He wanted to avoid socializing and so on with them. To be truth, he was already 23 years old. Why in the world should he mingle with the 'kids' here when he should be sleeping at his apartment for the whole day.

"Oh, if I can sir. I want to seat behind there, may I?" he asked courteously and just went ahead sitting at the backmost of the class near the window without the approval from the teacher. The teacher only agreed as he's mind was already in pain for having to handle many works today. Class continued on like how supposedly and normally it would. At his seat, Jiyong stared outside of his window feeling clueless and disinterested with the classAnd that was why he dropped out of school when he was 14 years old. To him, a school is like a prison filled with fake people who talk big about their lifes and half of the lessons you learned usually won't be useful in life. For Jiyong, dropping out of school was the best thing he had ever done. Without him noticing, Yumi was staring at him from her seat. She was seating infront of him away by 2 tables.

"Will he be alright? Why does he want to sit so far behind? Oh, it must be so lonely and scary for the guy. Damnit what should I do?" Yumi's thoughts were occupied with these kind of questions and assumptions as to how he was doing, what he was doing. Is he alright and so on.

At the same time, Kibum was also staring at her once in ahwile and was absolutely jealous. In his mind, " Is she looking at him? Why would she..." As a result he ripped a small piece of paper from his notebook and wrote something. Then, he elbowed Yumi and showed her the paper written with his writing,

 

 Are you checking him out?  0.0

 

Yumi glared at him fiercely like how she always did and wrote back,

 

NO I AM NOT, STOP WASTING PAPER

 

Kibum smirked with joy (No he was not, he wanted to kiss her) when he read her reply and deep down he was deranged frantically on the verge of going crazy with the thought of Maya who was actually thinking about the new kid. "HOW MORE NEW GUYS ARE GONNA COME IN? After Jinyoung now him?!" he thwartedly said in his mind.  But, he had to keep calm somehow contradicting the fact that he was actually going insane inside.

 

Oh, busted. So, is he hotter and cooler than me? We are both blonde, Yumi. I'm willing to go out with you anytime.

 

This time, she didn't reply to his half-witted words. Simply, she crumpled up the paper and shoved it violently under her desk and was demonstrating her vexed way of, 'You-are-so-frickin-dead-Kibum'. Without even looking at him for a response, she transferred her attention and focus wholly towards Mr. Ryu who was teaching history. She was boiling with rage and how the hell would Kibum try to find a way to evaporate her anger towards him. Well, he always had his ways, they were friends for almost 14 years now.

 

I'm sorry that I'm not that sorry. I'm apologizing only because you would avoid me later onwards, but I'm not once or a bit sorry for my stupid jealousy. Find a guy who's not blonde.

 

She almost broke in laughter for his last sentence. You are stupid, really stupid Kim Kibum.

 

STUPID , I HATE U. APOLOGY HALF ACCEPTED. BUT I'M STILL GONNA KICK U'R LATER.

 

The bell rang indicating that class was over, and it was recess time. Time for joy and fun for every students of course. The teacher thanked the class and the students thanked him too in return. Almost all the students in the class went outside  to go towards the school's canteen and some also wanted to go somewhere else meeting with their lovers, crushes or maybe friends from another class. As Yumi was about to get up from her chair, she was assaulted by a myriad of questions from her female friends and cornered forcefully by them too. Asking multiple and never ending questions about the new kid, Kwon Jiyong.

 

"Is he really from Canada?"

"Yumi, he's so hot. Totally hot! Do you think he's taken?"

"He's originally blonde, is it?"

"What's his address, where does he live here?"

"Why did he transfer here from Canada?"

 

"YAH!! GET AWAY FROM HER WILL YA GUYS? WANNA KNOW ABOUT HIM, ASK THE NEW GUY HIMSELF, STOP BOTHERING YUMI!!!" Seungyeon shouted angrily at them, trying to cease out the crowd of fangirls obsessing about hot new guys in school. Another one of Yumi's bestest friend ever, Han Seungyeon. Yumi knew how she loathed and really detested against them since from the beginning. These guys were not some hallyu stars like Super junior, Big Bang or TVXQ to be worshipped or fascinated like they were  famous idols like them. Yet, those girls were just dumb enough to devote their time and life to be hooked by their charms and hyped about their good looks 24/7. They said no word to Seungyeon and walked away leaving Yumi alone to herself, for now.

"Don't you dare glare at me with those phony eyes. I'll rip out those eyeballs and save them from those artificial eyes!" she yelled loudly before looking at Yumi with much sincere and pityness in her adorable eyes. "You okay, babe?" she said and hugged her. 

"I'm fine.. I could've handled them too, you know. But less like a y witch than you, were you posessed?Freaked me out too." Yumi laughed and crushed hugged her too. She was really lucky to have such a supportive and loving friend like her. A friendship like this is irreplacable to Yumi, too rare and too good to be true. 

"Wait, where's Eunji? Did you leave her on purpose again?" asked Yumi strangely towards Seungyeon.

"Nah, she went to the bathroom. Yah, why would I want to leave her? Yah, have I ever left her alone? Yah,.. Where's Kibum and Bunghyun? Let's go eat together, I'm starving." Seungyeon whimpered aegyo-ly at Yumi and scanned the classroom for the sudden popular new guy from Canada.

"Kibum's by those guys at the door and Byunghyun's having an intensive training for his coming competition." Yumi replied lightly while clearing out her desk and saw Seungyeon looking around the class for someone.

"Jinyoung's not around. Again. Maybe he's sick or something. Okay, I'm done cleaning my table let's go eat!" Yumi said cheerfully at Seungyeon.

"Wait, wait... So, where's the new guy? The only blonde I see is that hideous Kibum." Seungyeon said jokingly and intentionally quite loud for him to hear on purpose. 

"Hideous Kibum? I heard that pretty loud and clear Seungyeon. And I saw you scare of those fangirls. Wicked but lovely aren't you?" he appeared beside Seungyeon before ruffling up her front bangs.

"The new guy went out just now when you drove those girls away." he said and shot a nasty look towards Yumi who wasn't paying attention to what he was saying. She was still angry at him. Kibum then put his hands over their shoulder and lead the way towards the canteen to extinguish their hunger and salvation for some fun conversation. Upon their arrival at the only loved place by the student's of the school, Kibum acted as the gentleman by treating them to pizza buns. The hotselling food of all-time at their school. While Kibum was gone, Eunji came towards them and hugged Yumi as she missed her too.

"We have chemistry together after this, right? Yumi-ah, I want to show you my latest update on the song and drawings!" she chirped excitedly then realized how she almost embarassed herself before she kept calm and waited for the right time to be all cheerful and happy.

"Are you done with the song? Let's record it at my crib this saturday, if you're free. The drawings? Damn, you're amazing!! Eunji-ah, I am excited too!" Yumi joined in her enthusiasm and hysterical news. Eunji too, was also one of those friends you want to just squeeze and spam with them on everything. Basically, both Seungyeon and Eunji are like Yumi's soulmate for having the same interest and will always look out for each other during their worst and good times. She just loved them both so much it had came to a point where she could not imagine how her life would turn out to be without having them by her side.

Kibum came back from buying the pizza buns for the girls and handed them personally with genuineness and sincerity shined through his eyes and actions when he gave them those buns. When it was time to give Yumi her buns, he looked at her and she looked back at him. Both staring at each other like their having some kind of telekenetic conversation going on between them according to Seungyeon.

 

"Am I forgiven?"

"What do you think?"

"I'm not really forgiven, forgiven."

"You ARE FORGIVEN, now gimme my food!"

"Jinja? You don't really mean that."

"KIM KIBUM, I HEREBY WOULD ACCEPT YOUR STUPIDITY AND YOU ARE FORGIVEN."

"In honor for that should we do a makeup kiss, president?" 

 

Because of that, Kibum did not only received an apology but a special hit at his shoulders, and hands as well from Yumi of course. They talked and laughed about stuffs untill the bell rang again indicating that recess is over and time for joy and fun had just officially ended. Now it's the time for studying and limitless boredom coming ahead of all the students.

"So, see you guys later for... Maths right?" Kibum asked uncertainly whether or not he does have a class together with them later.

"Yup, it is Maths. Yea, see you soon then Kibum-ah." Seungyeon said and they parted ways heading towards their particular classes. On their way to class (Yumi, Seungyeon and Eunji) they were still talking on and on about many things and giggled once in a while too.

"Yumi! There you are, I've looked for you everywhere." A guy walked closer towards her while holding a piece of paper.

"Oh, Yesung-ah... What's wrong? You've been looking for me?" Yumi asked bizarrely at him. Yesung showed the paper at her and just by the looks of it Yumi knew what was the reason he was looking crazily for her around school.

"Arasseo,.. We'll hold the meeting today, evening. Okay? Inform the rest of them. Thanks for reminding me Yesung." Yumi pinched his cheeks 'lovingly' before Yesung grunted and dodged her moves and took a step behind Eunji to avoid Yumi's loving pinches.

"Well, that's what a Vice-President of the student council should be doing, right? I'll inform them right now, later Yumi." he walked away leaving them to themselves and they rejoiced for no actual reason before jogging their way to class.

 

 

"Huh,.. Damn, when's school going to be over? I can't take on another herde of dumb es asking me questions I don't even know how to answer." Jiyong fretted irritatedly and took a sip to finish of his drink. He was at the school's rooftop, and was staring at the scenery infront of him. He breathe out heavily and thought of Yumi. 

"She... Doesn't remember who I am.. She,.. " he snorted as he couldn't really finished of his sentence and just sat there as time slowly moves from time to time.

There were many stuffs running through his mind. Firstly, about a month ago he just turned his back again Jang Gae Suk, the man who Jiyong had sworn loyalty at. Secondly, since then his life was more endangered and exposed to jeopardy. His life became a threat to him as he was constantly in hazard by many people who was associated with Jang Gae Suk. It became very challenging for him to walk on the streets without being chased or assasinated. Therefore, he had decided to move far away than where he use to live for the sake of his own life and the safety of his own friends too. He planned as far as that only, but then one of his crew, Junhyung suggested that Jiyong would be much appropriated to be enrolled at a highschool as they won't suspect him for being a student. Besides that, every student has some sort of policy where they are protected by the school authorities and so on. So, here he was glued to this school and place for his own good according to Junhyung who was fully supported by his crew. He felt betrayed somehow by them for arranging where he should be schooled at and what he should and not do during his time here. Eventually, matters became disastrous for him. It was just his first day at school and he already became unbereable and intolerable of this horrid place. But, nothing could compare to how he felt when Kim Yumi, the girl he met and saved on a rainy day did not remembered who he was. Was it because of the rain? Or was it because him wearing a hoodie? Who knows, he doesn't know the reason too.

" I've put my life on the line because of you." he murmured softly like the wind and laid on the floor beneath him.

 

Where you are, I will be there too

Where you go, I will go there too

I smile for you every day, I prayed for you 

With thoughts of you I fall asleep, I open my eyes as I call for you

You are my heaven

My only one way, I am thankful for having you once

 You thought me love in this harsh world, I am happy with you alone

Because the reason I live is you

Park Min Young shii....

 

Jiyong opened his eyes when he heard footsteps darting rapidly across the staircase near him. "," he cursed silently as he got up on his feet and was frightenedly alarmed . If someone found him hanging out up here during class  is in session, he's really in trouble. A new student who dares to skip class on his first day, he might just get expelled at the end of the day. Swiftly, he hid himself near a trash can and hopefully for a miracle the person can't see his attempt on hiding here.

 

"Class is such a drag,.. I'm feeling of dropping out of school, you know.."

"Haha, can I join you then.. Since she took the lead of the school, she took our freedom too. I mean, she's such a strict ."

"I hate her, trying to control us all the freakin' time.."

"So are we going to.. Teach her a lesson or not? We've been planning this for a month now.. "

"I'm game. Seriously, if we get expelled for this. It's totally worth it."

"Operation anihilation of the y president is on tommorrow guys, be prepared."

 

They laughed and each took out and shared some cigarattes to smoke. Jiyong, who had been observing and hearing their entire conversation had on an unsettling expression and felt pestered throughout the entire time he was there. Mortified and somewhat enraged at the same time, he wondered why the heck would they vainly wanted to do such a thing. He could just kill them on the spot at that time, like a walk in the park for him. Of course murdering them can't be a possible choice, he thought of something else for them. 

 

"Why do I care such a great deal for you?"

 

Oh, that's right. She saved you.

Shouldn't you at least repay her back?

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 Jayzayy's note: So, what do ya think of the story so far? Park Min Young?? HARU-HARUU~

                     The words on Jiyong's mind was originally by Ailee-Heaven.