Glance

Melody To My Ears

 

Gongchan’s POV

“yeah… recess…” I was cheering when I heard the recess bell… “Gong Chan Shik... You are still in my class and you know that there shouldn’t be any speaking, laughing or CHEERING in here…” I was over joy that I forgot that my classroom teacher is still in the class… “eh… Mianhe, seongsang-nim… Can you forgive me?” I add some aegyo when I am apologizing… The teacher just let go me be because of he always falls for my aegyos… When he steps out of my room, I hurriedly went out and go to the cafeteria…

I spot a girl who I know and went to her to speak with her “ Chihoon-noona… Wanna go to the cafeteria together?” she turned to me and sent a smile “ sure… Let’s go…” it has been a week since we know each other, thanks to the queenka, what is her name again? Er…  H-han… Han… I forgot, nevermind… thanks to the queenka I got to met Chihoon-noona… at first I thought that she isn’t a very friendly person because she doesn’t speaks often… But we get to know each other more and she is a very FRIENDLY noona I’ve ever met, she is just a bit shy at first… She even taught me my homework, and I’m the most closest with Noona…

I know that Sandeul-hyung has some kind of ‘feeling’ towards Noona… Because he treats her differently from any other girls… and lately, the way he looks at Noona is kind of how should I say… in a loving way… ah.. Nevermind… it is his problem…

“noona… where is your friends? I always see you alone” I start a conversation… “well… he’s here… he is standing beside me…” she answered with a smile on her face… “owh… Thanks, noona… But you know that wasn’t what I meant…” I pouted. “hehe… you are so cute, Channie… She is on her library duty so she can’t came with me” she ruffled my hair a bit… “why a she? Not a they?” I asked innocently… “well I think they are coming right here right now” a smirk suddenly build on her face… a question mark pop out in my head when she said that… and now I know what she meant…

“yah! Gong Chan Shik! You didn’t wait for your hyungs and was flirting with Chihoon-ah? What a nice dongsaeng you are…” Baro hyung came and make a fake mad face and sending me a ‘you-are-guilty’ glare… “hyung… Sorry… I’m hungry and I ran up with noona… and by the way, what if I am flirting with noona? Jealous?” I said while start to cling on noona’s hand… “c-channie... l-let me ask you something… why should I be jealous? Now stop the cliging thing… let go off Chihoon-ah before her hand broke” Baro-hyung… “you’re lying, hyung… So why are you stuttering?” I let go off Chihoon-noona because Baro-hyung was starting a fight with me…

When I turn my head to search for Chihoon-noona, she’s gone… “let’s go Chihoon-ah… they are still kids… let them be…” Jinyoung-hyung was grabbing Noona’s hand and leading her to the cafeteria… noona just nodded and there comes the two other hyungs… But I can see that Sandeul-hyung is closer with Noona… I wonder…

 

Jinyoung’s POV

I think that Sandeul is a bit too much close with Chihoon-ah… But I don’t care so much cause it is his feelings… And I think that Chihoon-ah is that ‘girl’ but Sandeul says that she said it wasn’t her…

FLASHBACK

After B1A4 save Chihoon…

“so is it her?” I ask Sandeul all of a sudden as I was about to sit beside him for our rest time… “her who?” Sandeul turn his head towards me and make a curious face… “is Chihoon, the girl we met just now is the girl that we heard her singing?” I ask with a full facts… he looks down and says with a bit frown on his face “she said that book was her friends’… and my heart says that the one that sing that day is the owner of the book…” Sandeul said… I just nodded in signing that I understand what he mentioned… and I saw his frown turn upside down and he started to speak “but… I think that she… Chihoon is a special girl” he murmured by himself but it is loud enough that I can hear him… What does he means by A SPECIAL GIRL???

END FLASHBACK

When I get back to my sense, we already reach the cafeteria… I turn to face Chihoon and Sandeul who is on my right side, and CNU-hyung also was with them… When did he move to the other side? I think he was at my left side with the two little ones who are still arguing… I think that Chihoon-ah is asking CNU-hyung a question and I heard her saying a difficult question  

“What is the real value of x in the equation log345 – log35 = log7x?” chihoon asked

CNU-hyung being the top student in his form answered simply Chihoon’s question

“Wait… the answer… should be… ha this is the solution…

log345 – log35 = log7x
log3(45/5) = log7x
log39 = log7x
log332 = log7x
2 = log7x
x = 72
so… x = 49

 But this is a my type of math, in your grade you wouldn’t be learning it right now”

We all look at Chihoon in sync… we know that she is in form 1 in our highschool… She is in the same grade as Gongchan and Baro, while I’m the same as Deullie grade 2 and CNU-hyung is in third grade…

She looks down to the floor and said “Mr.Kim, my classroom teacher, make me enter the NMC” I was shock plus with amazed feeling… “Hyung! Isn’t that the competition that you will also be going this weekend?” I look at CNU, only to see a pair of widen eyes on his face but he still nodded “wow… you must be brilliant to get Mr.Kim to suggest you into the National Math Competition” he said in an amazed tone

Chihoon just shrugged and say “my result is just normal for a first highschool girl I think”. Suddenly Gongchan and Baro wer exaggerating something “Hyungs! Look at this! I just know that she is the top student in my grade” Baro said while earning other students glare at his childish act… we all went to the notice board and see Chihoon’s result… It was like 98,97,98,96,99,97,97,96,96,95… and for Math 100!!! This is so AMAZING! All of us drop our jaws when see it… “stop it… Just lets go” Chihoon keep on walking, maybe to hide her currently red face…

We all catch up with Chihoon and praised, praised,praised and praised her till we sit down…

Sandeul’s POV

Now I’m totally become more attract with her… “Chihoon-ah… You are sure one amazing girl…” I praised her and her cheeks suddenly went a bit red… is she blushing? She’s so cute… what am I thinking? I feel like my cheeks are burning and suddenly I felt a finger is poking my cheek… “Gongchan… What are you doing?” I ask him… “your cheeks are red… are you sick?” I quickly shook my head and cupped my cheeks so the others won’t see it… “no… I’m ok”

We get our food and sit at the usual table where we sit… We spoke about random stuff… And the weird thing is lately I kept dreaming about Hoonie-ah… The most weirdest thing is that whenever I’m with Chihoon, Hoonie pops out in my mind… but the only fact that I’m sure of is

I’ve fallen for her…

I came back to the reality when Chihoon-ah suddenly stands up and starting to waves at someone… the girl was kind of shock when she saw us… she comes towards us and talks with Chihoon… “c-chi-unnie… my duty at the library finished quick so I thought that I’ll find you here”

Your POV

“c-chi-unnie… my duty at the library finished quick so I thought that I’ll find you here…” Jiyoung came… “ooo… Jiyoung this is B1A4 but I think that you already know so  guys this is my friend Han Jiyoung” I introduced Jiyoung to the B1A4… she bows and greets them… and they start to talk and the when I look at Jiyoung backs she was looking at something… when I found where her gazes leads to I was a bit shock and also hurt… I don’t know why but when I see that Jiyoung is looking at SANDEUL is like something is stabbing my heart… I look down… the glance that Jiyoung had when she is looking at Sandeul is kind of like a loving way glance… I know that I’ve fallen for him

 

but I didn’t know that the guy that my friend Jiyoung likes is HIM…

I don’t want to see that kind of glance again…