Developing Together (part 2)

Tomorrow, I’m Coming to See You

“Yunho?”

 “I will leave.”

“Huh?”

“You don’t like it when I’m around.” Yunho fisted his hands, still looking down. “I will leave, not being around you… just… don’t…”

“Yunho, what are you talking about?”

“Don’t hate me. I’d rather not seeing you than having you hating me.”

“What?” Jaejoong’s eyes widened. “Hey! What do you mean?”

“You mean everything for me,” Yunho said, not lifting his eyes from the ground. “Having you hating me… is just too painful. Don’t. I can’t take it. I wouldn’t be able to. Please.”

“Huh?”

Yunho looked up. He glared at the elder. “I love you, and I don’t you want you to despise me. I will just leave.”

“What? That’s not what I mean!” Jaejoong groaned, palming his own face. “I just want to know why you were fighting!”

Yunho bit his lip. His glare softened. “It’s… you.”

“Me?”

“There were some of your students talking in the alley. They were talking about you. They called you ‘pretty sissy’ or ‘failed-handsome pretty face’. I hate it. So I beat them up.”

Jaejoong gave Yunho a look. “That? That’s why?”

“I hate it! Hearing someone saying such things about someone that I love, I hate it! You are so beautiful yet they made fun of you!”

Jaejoong sighed. Kids. “Let me guess, you were lost back then?”

“No. my friends were coincidentally there. They helped me.”

From his words, there was definitely something in this kid’s head. Jaejoong couldn’t put his finger on it. It was something like a honesty, and regret. Also a little bit of apologize. “Your reason for fighting is so unnatural. Unclean.”

Yunho glared at him. “That’s because I love you!”

The elder sighed. He looked inside the plastic bag of meals Yunho had brought. He took out the capped glass of iced milk tea. “I know it already. Still, you shouldn’t be this stupid to fight for thing I don’t even know.”

He fished a handkerchief from his pocket. Yunho watched as Jaejoong wrapped the fabric around the glass. He gasped when all of the sudden Jaejoong pressed the cold, wrapped glass on Yunho’s bruised eye gently.

Not giving any chance for the student to protest, Jaejoong asked, “Do you have any other bruise?”

“… My stomach, I guess.”

Jaejoong hummed. He kept the cold thing on Yunho’s eye, waiting until Yunho felt more comfortable. “Let’s go to my place. I’ll cure you.”

“Wh—what?”

“My place.”

Yunho kept his eye on Jaejoong’s. Here he was, standing in front of the uni’s gate as usual. Waiting for Jaejoong as usual. Getting the elder’s insult as usual.

But today, he got his bruised eye was relieved by the container of iced milk tea he had bought for Jae. And he saw a hint of care in Jaejoong’s wide yet cold eyes. He didn’t even know that his beautiful, yet frigid look could express such tenderness. Care. …love. Or at least sympathy.

He wondered if Jaejoong ever looked at someone with such care.

It was unusual. It was special.

“Uh… okay. Thank you.”

Right then, Jaejoong’s inside was all shook up. It was the first—he didn’t expect to see it so soon; today.

Yunho’s smile. A grateful, warm smile. “Thank you, Jaejoong-sshi”

What am I doing?

 

 

A/N: Aaargh, school's getting bursier T.T I think I'm going to need longer time for next update... Not very long, I promise ^^