Side Scene: The Perspective; "Even if You’re in the End of the Earth I Will Seek You Out" (part 1)

Tomorrow, I’m Coming to See You

I loved my mother despite how bratty I was at school.

I slept at social-related-subjects classes. I pierced both my ears and hooked two earrings on each of them. I beat people who hurt my friend. I beat my dad if he hurt my mother in any way. And I always granted her wishes to make good grades at school, making my teachers who found me sleeping in their classes getting so irritated at me.

 And I’ve never picked any flings who offered themselves at me.

That’s because my mother always told me that “there will be one human, only one of billions of human in the world who would be the right one for you, the true heart you had to keep, whose eyes were so beautiful for you that you wouldn’t be able to stand a day without gazing at them. Don’t ever taint your heart and soul before they came.”

“And don’t ever let them go as you found them.”

I kept my promise to hear every single thing she told me. Every single thing. She told me that right when I watched that cheesy romance movie at the age of 13. Until now, 4 years later, I almost gave up. I almost thought my mother could be wrong sometimes, that ‘the right person’ would never come to me.

And I thought that thingy called ‘love’ would never come to me. All I had was friends, enemies, and soulmate. My soulmate was my mother. I love her, I listened to her, I protected her, I took care of her. My friends; Junsu and Changmin, were too important to be lose for. My enemies were so many that I didn’t bother to remember them, not even their face.

That day, my mother was sick. And she ran out of medicine. So I went out to buy her cure. Her works had made her immune getting weaker. Before her sickness got worse, I had to find the right cure for her.

That, was when I saw him.

“Uncle Joongie, can I have the orange flavored syrup please?”

The little yet slightly hoarse voice got my attention. If he dared to talk to his uncle like that, then his uncle must be a gentle person. I was right. His uncle turned from the counter with a smile at him and gentle lifted the little boy into his arms.

For a split second, I thought the time was stopped. His uncle was a man made by the best of God’s art of human-creating. With a gentle voice he cooed his nephew in his arms and ordered the medicine the little boy asked.

I’ve met a fair number of those who said love at the first look doesn’t exist. They were wrong, I thought. Or maybe they had been right. Love at the first sight meant you could only like their look. Not their heart. You wouldn’t know how they were actually.

But why… I couldn’t take my eyes off of him? I’ve met so many gorgeous people before, and I could turn away so easily. Why not now?

“Jaejoongie!” I heard a woman voice, a bit high pitched and whiny. The man turned, letting out a sigh as he saw a woman approached him. “Taewon had been looking for you. Where were you anyway?”

There was a burn inside me. I hated it. I hated how he looked so good together with that woman. I fisted my hands so tightly I was sure they would bleed.

“I’m so sorry, the great professor Kim Jaejoong…” the woman chuckled. “You see that a woman needs some babysitting for her son when her husband is going abroad for business. You wouldn’t mind, would you?”

Eh? So they weren’t—

“Let me guess, the best way you could thought aside to ask your busy siblings would be your cousin?” the man—whom I knew the name was Jaejoong said. That woman laughed a little. “Sorry, I needed to check my students’ project before coming here. Have you gotten Taewon’s medicine?”

“Uh… yeah.”

“Then… Taewonnie, let’s go to that big Ferris wheel with uncle Jaejoongie, okay?” The boy—Taewon, squealed in his uncle’s arms.

I kept watching them as they went out of the drugstore. No—I was watching that Jaejoong as he went out. I wanted to see his eyes again, even just a glimpse. I want to see his smile even if it was meant for his nephew.

I needed to see him. Only him.

 

 

A/N: The title is based on a song by Shuhei Kita, Sekai no Hate Kimi ga Itemo (Even if You’re in the End of the Earth I Will Seek You Out). It’s an opening theme for Sekaiichi Hatsukoi season 2 :)

Let’s just say… sometimes I hate writing style… it’s too flat with verbs.