The Awakening.

Two Worlds Apart

Where…am I? She tried to sit up from her lying position. Pain shot through her entire body, forcing her to lie back down on the ground. “What happened...” She rolled over to her sides trembling uncontrollably. Using her arm as a support, she used all her physical strength to push her body up. Pain seared through her body once again, she inhaled sharply for breath. “I can’t believe…this is so hard,” she murmured weakly.

Byul Ri. You can’t stay here. A certain female voice spoke in her head.

 “Wait. Who is this?”

I am your guiding light.  You are at your weaken state. In times of danger, I will help you.

“Then, where am I?” she question, doubtfully.

I am afraid I can’t answer your question. You see, I exist in a form of memories and your survival abilities. I have no knowledge in what you don’t know.

“So much for a guiding light,” she grumbled under her breath. “Alright. Just help me get out of here,” she continued slowly. Rubbing her aching shoulders, she slowly stood up on her feet.

“Wow.” She looked around in shock. “I feel blind...” She mumbled, stretching her hands in front of her.

Please start moving.

“But, I can’t see my way in this darkness.” She d her way around.

Silence.

“Guiding light, is there anything you can do about this situation? Like light up the place or something. I can’t do anything in this pitch black darkness” she asked, with a hint of annoyance.

Your wish is my command.

Byul Ri’s hand raised instinctively as if it has a life on its own. A bright, blinding light shot out from the palm of her hand. It formed into a ball-like shape and hovered in mid-air.

“That was awesome. How did you do it?” she gazed at the floating light.

It was your power. I just tapped into it.

“My…power? “ She said, quizzically.

Could you please move on?

“Such impatience. But, please don’t go controlling my body. It is scary…” her voice trailed off, as she looked at her surroundings once again.

“Something…is moving behind these walls.” She walked slowly towards the wall nearest to her.  Out of curiosity, she probe the wall gingerly with her fingers.

 “What the hell is this?” she jerked her hands away in disgust. The wall felt soft and gooey, and she is certain that she felt a distinct movement behind the wall.

“The wall…is alive!? I am inside something that is alive!” she moved back, disgusted by the sudden realisation.

Run. Byul Ri.

It is too late. The movement behind the wall grew faster, she froze in fear not knowing what to do. “KYAHHHHH!” Black vines from the wall coils itself around her arm, and starts pulling her towards the wall. “No, this…thing is too strong,” she struggled to break free from its grasp.

 The surface of the wall turned into a slight liquid form once her skin touches the wall. Her arm penetrates through the surface of the wall easily. Soon, the darkness engulfed her arm completely. She knew that it will only take seconds to consume her whole.

“Hel..Help me…Guiding Light” she is beginning to feel faint as the wall continues to swallow her.

Repel.

A bright jet of light burst out. Before Byul Ri could comprehend what is going on, she was thrown back because of the repulsion between her and the black wall.

“Ouch,” she winced slightly, lying on the ground. “Thanks, Guiding Light,” she stood up, still shaky from what happened just now.

Be careful. That is called the Death Vines Wall. It never lets its prey go…

She surveyed her surroundings. There is a dent in the surface of the wall where the Repel hits it. Still trembling uncontrollably, Byul Ri held her shaky hand in front. “Come out now, I am not scared of you!” she yelled at the emptiness. However, the wall remains deathly still. Byul Ri stood there, afraid to blink and even more frightened to move.

Silence.

Swallowing her saliva, she lowers her hand slightly and moved forward a little. Without a warning, the black vines came diving towards her from all sides. Like how an eagle swoop down at its prey, Byul Ri is the vulnerable prey now.

Something stirred in Byul Ri. It feels as if her own natural survival instinct came back again. “You,evil creatures, I shall not be mocked!” Her eyes blazed, a white light enveloped her forming a sphere of shield around her. This shield protects her from the black vines, which cowers away from the brightness of the lights.

Destroy them. Filthy dark creatures. A vermin. A vermin…

“I am going to break these walls,” Bolts of white light shot out from the shield, hitting the black walls repeatedly. The black walls negates the power and starts to regenerate itself. “Try to repair? I will not give you a chance!” she floats up, and hovered in mid-air. “Let the brightness shine in the dark souls,” she raised both her hand, jets of bright light shot out from all angles. Giving the black walls a final and fatal hit.

The whole place shook and rumbles could be heard. Tasting iron in , she realised blood is gradually flowing down from . Cracks starts to appear in her shield, she could feel herself cracking too. “Why am I being destroyed too?” She stared at the crack in bewilderment.

The shield broke into several pieces. Each fragment disintegrated into silvery, shiny powder and disappears. Her energy ebbed away and everything seem to be happening in slow motion. Her hair flapped wildly behind her and her skirt fluttered as she fell back to the pull of gravity. ”So, is this how death feels like?” She closed her eyes gently with a smile. Bright light engulfed her, and she can hear someone calling her. She don’t know if it is a guy or a girl, but, his/her voice got clearer and clearer. Such soothing voice. Her eyes flipped open, there is a hazy figure in front of her. Hazel brown hair, and soft honey brown eyes…

“Save me,” she mouthed.

==============================================================================================

A relatively short chapter. A/N: In case of confusion, I want to explain a little bit. Byul Ri is a half reaper and half angel. Both reaper and angel have very different personality. Since, the angel have woken up. The rest of the story may be written in either the angel's pov or the reaper's pov. Please subscribe!~