Epilogue

Precious Memories

 

Epilogue

He positioned the pen on the blank, lined paper. It was decorated with pink cherry blossoms, which were drawn by a little kid.
Minho moved the crayons from the left to the right, looking for an activity so that he didn’t have to write this letter. But on the other hand he wanted to write it…
Buried in thoughts he stared at the paper and wrote the first word.
Hi.
They used to say that. But he stopped talking in colloquial, because it didn’t fit him.
“Uncle Minho, you look sad”, a children’s voice said. And soon Taesun was climbing onto Minho’s lap.
“Oh, you are using the paper which cousin Kyungmi made.”
“Yes, she said I should use it when I write a letter to your aunt.”
He the head of the 4-year-old.
“But you only wrote one word. Don’t you have to tell her something? Sooo much things happened.”
“Yes… but she can see everything.”
“Why is that?”
“She’s in heaven, and from there you can see everything.”
“So she can see Kyungmi now?”
“Probably.”
“I want to see everything too. Just like aunt Shinnie. I want to see her!”
“It’s not the time for you to see everything, my little boy.”
The little boy kept quiet with those words. He probably tried hard to understand what his uncle just said.
Minho took a crayon and doodled on the paper with the cherry blossoms. ‘I love you.’
The doorbell rang and the little boy ran towards the door and waited for his uncle to open it, because he could barely reach the knob.
“Daddy! Mommy!” the boy shouted and jumped into the arms of his dad.
The parents of the boy were wearing black clothes, Minho and the boy as well.
“Are you ready, Minho?” Taemin asked trying to get his son into a comfortable position.
Minho nodded, went back to grab the letter and left his house.
Jonghyun and Memi were waiting in front of the house, with Kyungmi.
Taesun spotted his cousin over the shoulder of his dad and whimpered so that Taemin let him down.
The two kids started chasing each other immediately, but before someone could injure oneself Memi and Seulli intervened.
“We’re driving to the restaurant… Do you want to go to the cemetery first?” Seulli asked Minho.
Minho nodded. “I’ll walk.”
And with this he started the walk to cemetery.
The gravestone was white marble and said ‘Shinnie Melody Seo. A precious memory’.
Minho came up with it.
The others already had been there. Two bouquets of flowers lay there.
Minho placed his letter under one of the bouquets and sat down in the pathway of the cemetery.
10 years. I still love you. I hope you do as well.
A gust through Minho’s hair as he touched the bracelet on his right arm…

Image

 

 author's note Annyeong, my last chapter... I hope you liked the story. ^^
Btw, Minho is not the 'real' uncle... but I think you all understood that haha

BIG thankyou to:

Seulli. You stayed with me and my story tho my phase of 'I hate my story, I'm a bad author.' thank you for all your cheering words.
Memi.
you two as my best friends... I lub you omo

Meri, my philosophy teacher who gave me the plato-idea.
You, reader. thank you that you read til now (tho veeeery slow updates. mianhae otl)
and Choi Minho. Thank you for all those ideas I have in math lesson or at home when I'm totally bored. haha >.<

See you next time~