Confusion

The Battle of M & K

SeHun has been keeping an eye on JongIn ever since he learned of the latter's plan to steal the trees. A week has passed since then and the younger was feeling a little relieved that JongIn has not made any attempt so far. However, he could not help but still worry as he knew how stubborn the older elite can be when he wants something. SeHun has been having a mental argument with himself whether to confront JongIn about the latter's plan or not. He knew that there would be no way he could stop the older elite when he finally acts on his plan even if he uses force on him. It would be best for both of them for JongIn's plan never to materialize. SeHun finally convinced himself to stay put for a few more days and simply watch JongIn closely.

 
However, on that same day, JongIn has decided to steal the trees. He did not tell SeHun about it since he noticed that the younger elite seems to be having second thoughts about leaving the other EXO elites. "I just hope he comes with me when I've finally stolen the trees," JongIn thought as he silently made his way to where the trees were being kept. He knew he had to be extra careful so as not to draw attention from the Argueans and Tao. As he entered the tiny room, JongIn could feel the trees' power in the air. It was almost suffocating. He decided that it would be best to teleport himself beside the trees. Once the trees are in his possession, he would quickly teleport to the deserted cave he found a few days ago. Calming himself from the excitement of finally obtaining the power he has dreamt of, JongIn teleported himself beside the trees. When he materialized, a smile wiped across his lips as he laid his eyes on the trees. He reached for the trees but found himself unable to move.
 
"What do you think you're doing?" Tao asked as he approached JongIn. His eyes were fixed on the younger elite. "I simply slowed your time so you don't get your hands on the trees but you can still hear me," he said as he saw JongIn's eyes widen in shock upon hearing his voice. Tao's fear has finally happened. "I will never allow the tress to be in anyone else's possession."
 
JongIn's heart was racing as he analyzed the predicament he was in. He thought he has been careful enough not to arouse suspicion so he was not fully prepared to face Tao. It would have been easier for him if it were one of the Argueans who discovered him - he feared Tao the most. He was thinking if he could still teleport himself away despite being under Tao's Time Control.
 
"Thinking of running away?" Tao whispered into JongIn's ear as he now stood beside him. "Shall I teach you a lesson so you'll never do this again?" he asked as his cold finger traced the outline of the younger's jaw. "Perhaps it is for the best," he said softly as his finger began to trace JongIn's jaw again, this time leaving a cut on the younger's face. He did not want to hurt him but he knew he had no other choice. This was the only way JongIn would abandon his plan of taking the trees for himself. "Painful, isn't it?" Tao whispered as he ran his finger along the length of the younger elite's arm. 
 
Suddenly, a gust of wind buffeted Tao from where he was standing. He was surprised by the attack that he  lost his hold on JongIn. 
 
"JongIn, get yourself out of here," SeHun screamed as he sent another gust of wind towards the older elite. Tao slowed down the gust of wind and easily avoided it while JongIn remained unmoving in his place. "What do you think you're doing? Leave now," SeHun shouted when he realized that JongIn was still around.
 
JongIn stared at SeHun, the anger evident in his eyes. "Do not interfere. I will deal with you later." He then looked at Tao, spite now in his eyes. "I am not a coward to run away from you," JongIn shouted as he disappeared and quickly materialized behind Tao. He immediately got the older elite in a head lock.
 
Tao simply laughed at what JongIn did. "Do you seriously think you can stop me like that?" he asked as he grabbed the younger's forearms. After a few seconds, he could feel JongIn struggling to break free of his hold. "You will never defeat me. Why don't you just go back to the other EXO elites with SeHun? Your presence is no longer needed here."
 
"That is not something for you to decide. We need him. You need him," KangTa said as he entered the room. Behind him were Luna and Krystal. "Release him now." He walked towards Tao when the latter did not release JongIn. Before he could reach where the two elites stood, Tao had already let go of JongIn. "The two of you need to learn to work together. It is about time we proceed with our plan ...," KangTa spoke then paused. "But we will only do so if both of you agree."
 
Tao looked at KangTa before he walked away from them. The time has come for him to fulfill his role. There was no turning back now. He knew that he was the only one who could return Ashvattha to its full power. "I am always ready," Tao said as he faced the other elites again. "But will JongIn be able to bring us all back to EXO?" he asked as he glanced at the younger elite. He doubted that JongIn was already strong enough to accomplish such a feat.
 
"He will be able to once we have the full power of Ashvattha. The sooner we return to EXO, the faster we can build a better nation. We shall rule a new EXO," KangTa spoke as he looked at the rest of the elites. He needed to make sure that everyone was behind him in this plan. 
 
"I am ready," JongIn said with a firm voice as he stared at Tao. He walked over to the older elite and placed an arm around the older's shoulders. "You don't need to worry about me. Just make sure you won't back down or fail."
 
Tao brushed JongIn's arm away and left the room without saying another word. JongIn simply shrugged his shoulders and headed out of the room as well. SeHun quickly followed him out leaving the Argueans by themselves in the room.
 
KangTa smiled as he stared at Ashvattha and Kalpavriksha. The time for the Argus clan to rule EXO is finally coming. Once Ashvattha is restored to its full power, nobody would be able to stop them. He can easily get rid of Tao, SeHun and JongIn as soon as they were back in EXO. There was no sense keeping them around when they have no more use. He must kill them for they will surely seek revenge if he allows them to live.
 
As soon as JongIn closed the door to his room, he heard a knock. He knew it would be SeHun. Although he was still mad at the younger elite, he had to talk him sooner or later. As he opened the door, he saw SeHun standing outside his room.
 
"Can we talk?" SeHun asked, his head bowed down as he could not look at JongIn. When JongIn opened the door to let him in, SeHun entered the room, his eyes still avoiding the older's. He sat down on the bed before he spoke. "Let's stop this, JongIn. Please." SeHun's eyes were already filled with tears. It was hard for him to always be worrying about the older elite. He had to convince him to return to the rest of the Klean elites. "Please," SeHun repeatedly said between his sobs.
 
It broke JongIn's heart to see SeHun suffering but he was still feeling a bit betrayed by the latter's actions and sentiments. He has always thought that SeHun would be the one person who'll support no matter what. "I can't do that," JongIn said before turning his back to the younger elite. He could no longer stand the sight of him crying. "I won't do that." JongIn started to walk towards the window but he felt SeHun grab his hands.
 
"Please, JongIn. Please," SeHun spoke as he tried to stop sobbing. "I'm asking you to stop because I love you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you." He squeezed the older elite's hands as he rested his head on the small of the latter's back.
 
JongIn took his hands away from SeHun and continued to walk towards the window. When he was standing in front of it, he placed his hands on the windowsill and spoke to the younger elite. "I don't need your love then." JongIn balled his fists and squeezed them tightly as he tried to stop the tears from falling. He loved SeHun but he would not give up his dreams for him. It's either he's part of his future or he's not. JongIn steadied himself as he heard SeHun's crying becoming louder and uncontrollable. He discreetly wiped away his tears then headed towards the door. "Goodbye, SeHun." JongIn opened the door and turned his back to the younger elite.
 
SeHun's eyes widened in shock. He couldn't believe that JongIn was throwing him away. It was possibly the most painful experience of his life by far. When the older elite spoke no further, he knew that he had no choice but to leave. He got up and walked towards JongIn. "I will always love you," he whispered into the older's ear as he hugged him from behind. After a few seconds, SeHun let go of him and walked out of the room with his head bowed, not noticing the tears that were rolling down JongIn's cheeks.
 
As SeHun got nearer his room, he bumped into someone. He looked up and saw Tao. His eyes widened in fear, unsure of what to say or do. However, what Tao did next surprised SeHun.
 
"I hope you don't give up on JongIn. No matter what he says or does, I'm sure he needs you now more than ever," Tao said in a soft voice as he placed a hand on SeHun's shoulder. The usual stern face he has was replaced by one full of concern and sympathy. "He may act like he's unaffected but it wouldn't hurt to stay by his side even if he says he doesn't need you." The older elite held SeHun's hands and looked at him in the eyes. "Please promise me this, SeHun," Tao said as he pulled the younger elite into a hug.
 
SeHun was both confused and unable to believe what was happening. But he couldn't the fact that he found Tao's embrace warm and comforting. It was then that he realized how similar JongIn and Tao were. They both had something they really wanted and were ready to give up everything to achieve their goals. Somehow SeHun understood how Tao was able to relate to JongIn - he was probably the only person who can say that he knew what the latter was going through. After a minute, he could feel the older elite tousling his hair.
 
"JongIn must be in a dark place in right now and you are possibly the only light left for him. I hope you don't abandon him."
 
As Tao let go of him, SeHun could see silent tears running down the older's cheeks. The sight made him more confused. Just a few minutes ago, Tao was ready to kill JongIn but later on, it seemed like he was worried for the younger elite. SeHun couldn't think of why Tao would care so much for the Klean elite. Abandoning his attempts to find a logical explanation for what just happened, he realized how the Minoan elite's words may be true. JongIn probably needs him more now. He wasn't going to abandon JongIn just like the other people in the latter's life had done. 
 
A knock came and JongIn contemplated on whether he would get the door or not. He was in a bad mood and didn't feel like getting up so he simply yelled. "It's not locked. Come in." When the door was open, JongIn saw SeHun with tears in his eyes. He hated how the sight of the younger elite crying still tugged at his heart. Trying to restrain his emotions, he spoke in a nonchalant way. "What do you need? I thought we've ended things between us already." The older elite was trying hard not to make his voice quiver. He kept his eyes on the crying younger elite, making sure tears do not escape his own eyes.
 
SeHun wiped away his tears before he spoke. "Well, it maybe easy for you to end things between us and to throw me away but I can't." The younger elite continued to look into the eyes of JongIn. "I will love you and care for you even if it's one-sided. I may not agree with what you want but I shall stay by your side to protect you." SeHun was clenching his fists, trying hard not to cry as he spoke what was inside his heart. He knew that he was the only one JongIn has since they left the other Klean and Minoan elites, and he will  not allow the older elite to be alone again.
 
"You shall stay beside me despite not agreeing with what I want?" JongIn asked, thinking that what SeHun just said sounded stupid. He did not want a companion who does not support him. "That is plain stupid, SeHun, and I will not allow it." JongIn finally turned his back to the younger elite. Tears started to roll down his cheeks as he felt disappointed. He was hoping that the reason SeHun was talking to him was to apologize and support him.
 
The younger elite approached JongIn, his steps heavy and unsure. "The decision is not up to you, JongIn. Whether you like it or not, I will stick to your side. I will not abandon you." 
 
"Suit yourself," JongIn responded before he vanished.
 
SeHun's knees gave in and he found himself kneeling on the floor. He was a mess again now that he was alone. Tears filled his eyes once more and he could no longer stifle his crying. His heart ached as he remembered the day's events. He wished they could simply go back to how things used to be but he knew that that was impossible. JongIn needed him and he knew the same was true for him.
 
That night, JongIn and SeHun did not have any further conversation. Both skipped on dinner and remained in their rooms. Tao, however, joined the three Argueans but he remained silent throughout the meal. As soon as dinner was over, he made his way to his room, sitting on his bed before he held the pictures of the most important people in his life.
 
"I love you ...," Tao began as he stared at the faces of two men. "I am sorry for all the pain I've caused you but I am afraid that I shall cost you more pain in the future."