Blinding Light

The Battle of M & K

A week has passed since EXO-K started training intensively. They all wanted to reach their maximum or at the very least increase their strength and powers. JoonMyeon suggested that they train in pairs and assigned a partner so they could start immediately. ChanYeol's Flames was to be pitted against his own Water. KyungSoo's Earth would face SeHun's Winds while Kai's Space and BaekHyun's Lights would test each other's power.

ChanYeol raised his arms as he summoned flames and aimed them at JoonMyeon. A huge column of fire approached him from his right. JoonMyeon quickly lifted his right hand causing a jet of water to erupt from the ground extinguishing the flames. ChanYeol quickly releases the column of flames he held with his left hand and it went hurling towards the EXO-K leader. JoonMyeon saw this and raised both his arms up before bringing them down in front of him. Gigantic waves rose from behind JoonMyeon and roared forward as it towered meters above him. As the waves went crashing into the huge column of fire, steam surrounded them. The surrounding started clearing and JoonMyeon recognized ChanYeol starting to summon his phoenix.
 
"Oh no you don't," JoonMyeon yelled as he sent a jet of water towards ChanYeol's chest before he can offer a sacrifice of his own blood. "If you want to be able to summon your phoenix in midst of a fight, learn to do so without that long ritual of yours."
 
ChanYeol slowly got up and tried to steady himself. "Velchanos, lend me your power," he spoke to the phoenix in his mind.
 
"I am afraid you cannot handle summoning me without a blood sacrifice," Velchanos replied with a firm voice. "Attempting so in your current condition will only drain you of energy but still end up being unable to call forth my power." ChanYeol frowned in disappointment. "Do not despair my lord. The time will come when we can finally be one."
 
"This not the time to be slow ChanYeol," JoonMyeon said as ChanYeol snapped back into attention. The leader in as much air as he could before blowing hard towards the sky. Dark clouds started forming above and in a few seconds, heavy rains started pouring down on them.
 
ChanYeol felt the hot drops of rain hit his skin. "Are you going senile JoonMyeon?" ChanYeol laughed as he enveloped himself in his flames. "Are you seriously going to fight a master of the Flames with hot water?"
--------------------------------------------------

 

SeHun was hovering a few meters above ground as he studied his opponents. Behemoth was standing near KyungSoo, his claws ready for battle. The youngest K elite was buying time to think by staying up in the air.

"You know I can always knock you unconscious to bring you down," KyungSoo called out as the earth beneath him started to rise. Boulders hovered around him like weapons ready for his disposal. "I shall train you hard SeHun," KyungSoo said with a smile as he sent the boulders towards SeHun.
 
"Bring it on!" SeHun call forth a tornado and placed himself at its center effectively creating a circumferential shield of wind. The boulders came in contact with the tornado but were simply hurled away from SeHun. He then summoned cyclones and directed them at KyungSoo. "I shall force you to become one with your Behemoth."
 
KyungSoo held up his hands at his side as four earthen walls shot up around him shielding him from the cyclones. Upon seeing this, SeHun sent a small concentrated column of wind towards the earthen wall and continued focusing his power on it. KyungSoo noticed the earthen wall shaking at the pressure but it remained intact. "You are getting stronger young one," KyungSoo said in a loud voice, both proud and worried at the power SeHun was showing.
 
With a scream, SeHun poured his energy into the expanding column of wind he had been directing at KyungSoo's earthen wall. SeHun's eyes turned green as strong winds blew all over the place. The northern wall that was protecting KyungSoo shattered into pieces as the column of wind forced its way in hitting the older EXO-K straight in the chest.
 
"KyungSoo," Behemoth screamed as he leaped into the air and grabbed KyungSoo. The master of the Earth smiled with gratitude at Behemoth as he was helped back on the ground.
 
KyungSoo looked up and saw an expanding green light enveloping SeHun. He noticed that the young elite's eyes had turned green. KyungSoo wondered whether that was SeHun's maximum. SeHun remained motionless in the sky for a few more seconds. "SeHun, are you alright?" JongDae asked as he made a disc made of earth beneath him rise up. As he got closer to SeHun, he felt the winds getting stronger until he was buffetted off his earthen disc. KyungSoo beckoned it back and he settled his feet upon the platform after a few seconds. "SeHun! SeHun!" KyungSoo continued to shout but the master of the Winds remained motionless.
 
"Is this my maximum?" SeHun thought as he watched his winds shattered KyungSoo's defense. He felt the surroundings turn a greenish hue as if someone had placed a green veil over his eyes. SeHun could feel the wind coursing through his body but he did not feel a surge of energy or power. "This must not be my maximum yet," he decided and simply took what happened as a sign of his increasing strength and power. He closed his eyes and saw KyungSoo yelling in front of him when he opened them again.
 
"Answer me!" KyungSoo shouted as he noticed SeHun opening his eyes. They have now returned to their original color. The greenish glow surrounding SeHun started receeding as well. "What happened?" KyungSoo asked as SeHun looked at him with confusion.
 
"Aren't we in a fight right now?" SeHun wondered why KyungSoo was standing right in front of him. "Is this suppose to be a handicap because you think I won't win without one?" SeHun asked, his voice with a hint of feeling hurt.
 
"No," KyungSoo quickly and firmly replied. "You were standing there or I should say floating when your eyes turned green and you were enveloped in a green light," KyungSoo continued. "And you remained motionless as if you were frozen and did not respond no matter how loud I shouted," he added.
 
SeHun looked at KyungSoo with a disappointed face. "Maybe I just spaced out deep in thoughts," he muttered as he took KyungSoo's hand and led him onto the wind disc he had just conjured. As the disc started going down, SeHun continued. "I felt the wind coursing through my body and thought that I was reaching my maximum but then I never felt any surge of energy or power." The wind disc came in contact with the ground and dissipated back into the air as they felt their feet hit the ground with a soft thud.
--------------------------------------------------
 
JongIn suddenly appeared beside BaekHyun as he aimed a kicked at the latter's chest. BaekHyun was able to put his arms up in defense but he was still forced back by the strength of JongIn's attack. Before he could steady himself, he felt a leg drop down his right shoulder as the younger EXO-K materialized above him. BaekHyun buckled and was brought down to one knee. As JongIn landed, he quickly swept his opponent's feet with his right leg before quickly moving back. BaekHyun watched JongIn fall on his back as he held his right shoulder. JongIn quickly got up and looked for his opponent who was now nowhere in sight.
 
"Hiding are we?" JongIn mocked as he kept his eyes searching for any sign of movement around him.
 
BaekHyun laughed. "I'm not. I'm simply using my power to my advantage," he answered. He saw JongIn looking around for him and decided that he would need to buy some time for his right shoulder. BaekHyun projected a copy of himself a few meters to JongIn's right and the latter immediately teleported to his right to attack.
 
"Gotcha!" JongIn yelled with glee and he teleported to his right after noticing a slight movement. However, his fist went through BaekHyun and he realized that he just attacked a projection. "Scaredy cat!" JongIn shouted in frustration.
 
Remaining invisible, BaekHyun crept up to JongIn's side and tackled him to the ground. "I believe it's the other way around," BaekHun said with a smile as quick punches rained down on JongIn's torso.
 
"Not so fast," the master of Space remarked as he teleported out of BaekHyun's reach. "That was a good move," he acknowledged. "But not as good as this," JongIn proudly said as he poped up beside BaekHyun and grabbed his waist before throwing to the ground. As his opponent fell, JongIn jumped up to deliver a drop kick which eventually connected with BaekHyun's abdomen. He winced in pain on impact but quickly delivered a ground kick to push JongIn off him. As his opponent stumbled forward, BaekHyun got up and turned invisible again.
 
"Still not done?" JongIn asked as he pushed himself into a standing position. He turned around and saw that BaekHyun was gone again. "You wuss," JongIn said with a smirk. Suddenly, three BaekHyuns materialized in front of him. The three BaekHyuns charged at him but JongIn remained in his position. "Projections again?"
 
"You wish," BaekHyun replied as he watched two of the BaekHyun's grab hold of an arm each before the third BaekHyun came forward and delivered an axe kick. BaekHyun smiled as he proudly said, "Who said anything about projections?"
 
JongIn looked forward, his arms still held by the two BaekHyuns. He saw the real BaekHyun in front of him staring at him with eyes the color of honey. His hair had turned blond. "What the hell," JongIn said loudy as he studied his opponent's appearance. He had a golden glow around him. BaekHyun was now dressed in a black wife-beater and black pants. JongIn saw his right forearm wrapped in chains connected to a sun-shaped thing that rested on the dorsum of his hand. JongIn closed his eyes momentarily, thinking that he might simply be seeing things when he suddenly felt his abdomen being squeezed by what felt like chains. He opened his eyes and confirmed that chains connected to the BaekHyun's fingers were indeed wrapped around his midsection. What surprised him was that when he looked at the chains more closely, they seemed to be made out of golden light.
 
"Beautiful aren't they?" BaekHyun asked the now wide-eyed JongIn.