Uncertainty

The Battle of M & K

LuHan was feeling down. He didn't understand why MinSeok was so cold to him tonight. "Maybe he has a lot on his mind right now," LuHan sighed as he held the door knob.

"I love you," LuHan heard JongDae say. He wondered who JongDae was with. A few minutes passed by in silence until he heard JongDae again. "Can't you just say that you still love me too?" Luhan froze but he suddenly heard footsteps approaching. He panicked. He didn't know what to do.
 
"I'm really sorry," YiXing said as he looked back to JongDae. Tears started flowing down his cheeks. He opened the door and quickly descended the stairs, keeping his head down as he tried to stop crying.
 
LuHan had his hand against his mouth as he watched YiXing. He slowly lowered himself, making sure no one would see him. He peeked into the rooftop and saw JongDae sitting on the floor, his arms embracing his knees. LuHan considered consoling JongDae but decided to give him some time alone. "I'll check up on him tomorrow," LuHan thought as he slowly went down back to their apartment.
--------------------------------------------------
 

A week has passed but JongDae made no attempt to approach YiXing again. The rest of EXO-M noticed the two giving each other a cold shoulder. WuFan tried talking to JongDae and YiXing separately to find out what the problem was but they both said that it was a personal matter between them and that they would resolve it in time by themselves. MinSeok on the other hand had apologized to LuHan and the two got along like before. LuHan however, noticed that MinSeok and YiXing were still avoiding each other.

"Shaula," JongDae said as he looked at the female scorpion he had just summoned. The scorpion was summoned the same way YiXing's Mignon had been; it required a sacrifice of the summoner's blood. 
 
"Yes young one," Shaula spoke in a melodic feminine voice. "Is there something troubling you?" The scorpion patted JongDae's head with her tail.
 
"Do you think I can ever reach my maximum with you?" JongDae asked. He looked at Shaula and saw confusion on her face. "I mean, will we be able to become one like WuFan and his dragon?"
 
Shaula studied JongDae's face. "I will be more than happy to lend my entire power to you young one but I am afraid you are not yet ready."
 
JongDae looked at the horizon as he asked the scorpion what she meant. "How do I become ready then?"
 
"Have you noticed that WuFan can summon his dragon without needing a blood sacrifice?" Shaula answered as JongDae nodded with realization. "What you seek starts with that ability."
 
JongDae sighed. "How do I master that ability?" he asked as he looked at Shaula. The scorpion looked back at JongDae with caring eyes.
 
"I am afraid you will have to increase your physical strength and your power as well. You must improve your grasp of my power as well," Shaula answered. She saw JongDae slouch as he sighed again. "Do not worry young one. I believe you will be able to achieve what you desire," Shaula added as she smiled at JongDae.
 
"Will you help me train then?" JongDae inquired.
 
"Always," she responded as she shot lightning out of her tail towards his direction. Shaula watched with pride as JongDae caught the lightning and threw it upwards, lighting the sky. JongDae spent the rest of the day training with Shaula's help.
 
Tao was watching television in the living room when JongDae entered the apartment. "Where have you been all day?" he asked as he turned to look at JongDae. "You look beat," Tao added seeing the older elite plop down on the couch. "Let me fix some snack for you." Tao smiled at JongDae and then got up to go to the kitchen.
 
"Thanks," JongDae said out of gratitude for the youngest's concern. "How was your day?" he asked as he watched what Tao had been watching.
 
Tao had brought some bacon out of the freezer and had laud down on the sink to thaw. He began washing some cucumber, cabbages and tomatoes as he replied. "I've been watching television the whole day since WuFan was busy training but did not want to take me with him." Tao proceeded to toast some buns and then fried the bacon.
 
JongDae was humming along to the group performing on the music show Tao had been watching. "Thanks," he muttered as Tao placed down a plate of bacon sandwiches on the coffee table. "Sit down and let me get the drinks," JongDae said as he grabbed Tao's hands and pulled him down to the couch. "You join me okay." JongDae stood up and got two juice bottles from the fridge. "Here," JongDae said as he handed Tao a drink.
 
Tao grabbed the drink and placed it on the table. "Were you training too?" Tao asked as he picked up a sandwich and munched on it. JongDae nodded. "Will you take me with you next time?" JongDae looked over at Tao and saw the younger guy looking at him with puppy eyes.
 
"Fine," JongDae replied in defeat. "But don't be a nuisance okay?"
 
"Don't worry. I'll work on my time control without bothering you," Tao responded with a smile. "Besides, I can always help you with your swordsmanship." JongDae rolled his eyes at Tao's offer.
 
"Whatever," JongDae said as he finished his second sandwich. "Let's start after breakfast tomorrow. I'll be sure to tell Shaula not to hold back on you." JongDae smirked as he cleared the table. Tao just stuck his tongue out at JongDae in response.
 
Tao went to his room as he left JongDae cleaning. "Hey MinSeok," he greeted, seeing the oldest EXO-M elite seated on his bed. MinSeok waved in acknowledgement. As Tao sat on his own bed and propped open a book he asked Minseok, "JongDae and I are gonna train tomorrow after breakfast. Why don't you join us?"
 
"Won't he mind?" MinSeok asked in return as he got up.
 
Tao stood up and opened the door of your room before sticking his head out. "JongDae, MinSeok will join us tomorrow. Is that okay with you?" he yelled. MinSeok lightly punched Tao's arm but the youngest simply chuckled.
 
"Shaula would love that. She gets to have a better opponent than you then," JongDae jokingly replied.
 
"Whatever," Tao yelled again as he closed the door. He smiled at Minseok brightly. "See? Easy." Tao got back on his bed and opened the book again. MinSeok approached him and also sat at Tao's bed.
 
"Thanks baby Panda," MinSeok whispered as he hugged Tao. The youngest blushed as he patted MinSeok's arms. He was just happy to be of help.
 
"It's nothing MinSeok. Anything for my favorite EXO-M," he replied. "After WuFan of course," he added as he laid the book down and turned around to hug MinSeok back.
--------------------------------------------------
 
*Meanwhile, outside of Seoul*
"Are you ready?" WuFan asked his dragon as he hovered 100 meters above the ground.
 
"I always am Dui-zhang," the dragon replied as he conversed with WuFan through their minds.
 
WuFan closed his eyes and relaxed his body. He willed his power to stop and he started losing altitude quickly. WuFan immediately grasped his dragon's power and started to join it to his own. It felt like trying to squeeze together two dense solid spheres.
 
"Have faith," the dragon spoke in WuFan's mind. He continued forcing their powers together. With a mighty roar, their powers merged and WuFan felt a surge of energy. His body felt like it was quickly heating up but it was not excruciating.
 
"I think we did it," WuFan thought. He heard both his own voice and his dragon's echo the thought. "We are now one."
 
WuFan was floating a meter off the ground, now with the wings and tail of a dragon. He opened his eyes and was a bit taken aback by his sight which seemed to have been tainted with an orange hue. He held his arms in front of him and marveled at the orange scales that covered them. Where his hands used to be, there were now claws. WuFan was now wearing a red sleeveless long vest which stopped at the knees which revealed his bare chest and ripped abs.
 
"Is this the form of our maximum?" they both wondered.