♡ 19

From Stranger to Lover

*Your POV*

I lay down on my bed recalling the whole 'incident' that happened today. Surely we yelled and didn't missed to throw profanities to each other, but even I'm thick I know we're getting closer. To top it all, I could say today might be the best day I've had, oh well not exactly the best day but it might fall on one of the best days I've had. Sure I blushed tons of times today, God knows how many times but I guess it was was worth it watching every new expressions I've never really got to noticed on his face. I never know being thanked by someone can bring this much happiness. I can still feel the blush on my face as I recall how he muttered those two words, it was not anything special, he didn't have to thank me in a glamorous way with a luxurious dinner and musical playing, instead he caught my eyes in his gaze for a split second and shyly muttered 'thank you' and that was enough to errupt the volcano in my heart. It took me a while to stand up without my feet getting all wobbly and I needed 7 minutes to muster the courage to knock on his room. My heart is still throbbing like crazy but I'm positive I'll have a good night rest tonight. 
I've been living with the Angry Bird for nearly two and a half months now, I got used to our bickering and to be completely honest I am ing relieved that 'it' hasn't occurred during all these times. 
The nightmares have stopped two years ago, but the memories stayed still. Tomorrow is the day that I visit her, it's been nearly five years since the incident. I tried hard to live normally but sometimes the image of her blue eyes haunt me every night. 
I got ing lucky, she hasn't haunt me ever since I moved to this new flat. And that imbecile of Angry Bird has managed to get sick, like it or not that took my focus away from all the pain. 
My eyes start to flutter, these last two days have been tiring.

I slip away to my slumber.

Her name is Song Hee, we were best friends. She has been my friend since as long as I remember. Song Hee is a mixed Korean, her dad is American. That's how she got her pair of blue eyes.

She's very pretty, one of the most prettiest girl in my class or damn even in the whole school ground. And I'm ing proud that I am her best friend. 
We were neighbors, I went to school and went home together with her. It has been like that since we were in kindergarten. Her dad is always out on a ing business campaign, her mom is always busy with her shops. That's why she mostly spent her days with me, at my home, eat the dinner on my table, with me and my mom. Sometimes she even spends the night in my home. My dad ran away when I was 6, mom was crying almost every night. But it's good that the house is still ours. I hated my dad, he made my life a living hell. But mom was taking care of me real good. I love her.

March 24 was Song Hee's birthday. It was her 16th birthday. Her dad promised that he would be home on that day, she was so freaking excited. 
"Why are you so ing excited? Your dad rarely comes home, maybe he doesn't give a about you anymore."

"Watch you mouth, you might be my best friend but I don't mind strangling you if you are so mean."

"I was merely stating the truth, you know that. And it's not the first time he promised you that he will come home."

"I know, but I'm allowed to hope right."

"That's true."

"Anyway, you need to shut your damn mouth if you don't say something nice, one day you will get punished for that." 
"Hahahaha... that actually sounds funny you know that it's almost scary."

"I'm serious."

"Okay okay, I'll watch my words."

Song Hee is a let's say a very polite girl. She doesn't like it when I curse, and I curse a LOT. After that conversation I tried hard to tone down my cursing. Song Hee was....like my rock in the sea. She's like a damn lighthouse that shine my way to a better path. 
I've been sitting on the patio for almost the whole evening. It's her birthday, she's still waiting on her father. I know her dad won't come, I just know it. Men are ing liars, the spout nonsense from the hole they call mouth. I know Song Hee still longs for her dad. When her dad didn't show up she's broken hearted. And I hated that .

I called my mom, I could tell that she's surprised when I call her. I didn't really call anyone, mostly mom called me. And Song Hee, she's probably the only person who sticks with me even when the whole damn planet collapses. Thats why I don't want to see her sad. I asked my mom how to make a cake. I wanted to give a birthday cake for Song Hee, I wanted her to smile. Because I'm ing thankful that she was born on this day 16 years ago and befriend a like me. 
It wasn't that hard, baking a cake. I think cooking is my forte, I just never pursued it, lazy I said. But just this one time, I wanted to make my best friend happy. 
I took the cake, put it on a box. Hell I'm ing nervous. I was afraid that the cake would slide when I bring it to her. I picked it up very very carefully. Song Hee was there when that man who was supposed to be my dad ran away from my life, I want to be with her when her old man doesn't show up.

I knocked the door to her house, as usual it's very quiet. Her mom hasn't got back yet I guess. ing adults, forgetting their own daughter's birthday. Her mom is no better than her dad. Song Hee opened the door, her face beamed when she saw me and the box I hold.

"Happy birthday Song Hee!!! Be careful with this box if it's ruined I might just have to ing slap you."

"Thank you! I appreciate it minus the part where you curse and threat."

She invited me in, we opened the box. Her eyes sparkle like a kid. 
"Did you make it????"

I shyly nod. Stubbornly staring holes at her kitchen walls.

"I have to say, I'm so proud of you!! You! Bake a cake! You are actually capable of doing something girly!!"

She is still smiling happily, took a knife and fork and cut a piece of the cake, put it in . Her smile is getting wider.

"This is so good!!! You should be a patisserie! Or a chef! Whatever that is! I will be your number one customer!"

She giggled a lot, I couldn't help but to laugh with her.

"Hey, let's go out. I didn't prepare anything, thought my mom was coming back early and all."

She smiled bitterly.

"What about pizza?"

I know she loved pizza.

"Okay! Pepperoni!"

"You choose, your treat."

"Deal! Let's go!"

She hastily put the cake in the fridge and literally pulled me to the pizza shop.

It's nearly 10 pm. The pizza was good, I actually preferred margarita over pepperoni, but it's her birthday, she's got to choose and she treats. Even though her dad didn't show up again this year, today is good, the pizza was ing delicious, the cake didn't turn out to be a nasty disaster, her birthday didn't get ruined. I feel good.

It's late, we were walking back home. Usually we don't take the small alleys, but today for some reason Song Hee wants to be at home soon. She pulled me to go through an alley, it's dark and small but it's a shortcut to our neighborhood. We were walking as fast as we can. 
Suddenly I felt a hand on my mouth and on my other hand. I was yanked off, my head hit the wall hard. My eyes were heavy, I could hear Song Hee's scream. I forced my eyes to ing stay opened. My brain froze.

There were 3 men, they were as huge as ing damn bulldozers. Two of them were holding Song Hee, one of them standing in front of me. I was scared.

I was ing scared. I played the strong girl but I am not strong at all. My first tears started to fall, and I can't move my ing hands at all. I was dead frozen. The guy in front of me smiled, and his smile was so damn scary. Song Hee's scream tore through the night, snapped me back from ny trance.

"Noo!!!!!! Let her go!!!!"

I shouted so loud I thought my throat would break. The guy in front me hissed something and choked the air out of my lungs. 
My eyes widen in fear, I saw the other guys have started to pull Song Hee's skirt up. I tried to scream but only pitiful whines escaped my mouth. The guy in front me got closer.

"Watch properly, young lady."

His grip loosened, but I still couldn't escaped it. My hits looks like pitiful attempts of a five-year-old. I smelled liquor. These guys are drunk. 
My tears fell like a ing waterfall when Song Hee's screamed again. Those guys started to her in front of my eyes. And I couldn't do anything to help her. 
She kept screaming, I wondered why nobody heared her. It's not midnight yet, where the is everybody. 
It's getting harder for ne to breathe. My hands started to limp. Then I heard it.

Sirens. Police. Thank God they're here. I managed to collect every strength I had left and start hitting the guy in front of ne again.

Song Hee please hang on. I will save you. Wait for me. Keep screaming, the police, they're here. 
From the corner of my eyes I saw them running, the drunkards were panicking I know. The grip loosened more, I kicked him hard on his stomach. Finally I broke free. The other guy started to get ready to run. I tried to shout at the police to run faster to catch those damn ers. Then I heard it.

Song Hee's cries for help and a crack. That damn bulldozer has cracked her hips. I screamed in fear, my hoarse pitiful scream roared into the dark. I crawled to her, watched her face losing colors. I got more scared, her pretty blue eyes stared to my eyes. 
I crawled to her, held her hand, I sobbed violently, I screamed and screamed for help. The police came and took me away from her. I still see her eyes staring to me, asking for helps. My eyes got blurry from my tears, but I can still clearly see her broken pretty blue eyes.....

I woke up violently, tears were streaming down my face. I was panting like crazy. 
"Hey, Alien Ahjumma? Are you okay? You don't seem good."

I jumped off my bed. It's Angry Bird, he's sitting there his face shows an emotion, is that worry?

"Leave me alone. I don't have the energy to argue with you."

"It sure looks like that. You were gasping for air like a fish with no water."

I stare at him coldly. I don't need a ing angry bird when I relapsed.
"Get the out of my room."

And it happened......

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okaayyy here goes nothing! It's been what? A century since I wrote?

Yesterday I suddenly got the urge to open aff again, read a few fanfics, and then I remembered that I've got several fanfics of my own that need endings. So here I am!! Trying to find the perfect endings for my stories! I realized I have been unfair to those who read my story if I don't finish it and I'm deeply greatly sorry for taking this long to update...

Annndd there it gooeessss.. a small piece of Alien Ahjumma's past!!!! Like I mentioned last time, I don't plan to make this story very long and full of angsty drama... so yeah I figured I should start telling background stories of the main characters! >.<

I will slowly finish all my stories started with this fic! ;)

So yeah.. Enjoy! 
Happy reading!!!