ZhouMi

After the Day Ends

Zhoumi just arrived back to his apartment. He had finished filming a drama and was satisfied with how well he worked with his costars. Of course it was somewhat easier to have f(x) Victoria as a costar since both of them have common ties with groups in the SM Entertainment company. Deciding that his bedroom was too far to reach, he decided to lie on the couch for awhile and take a short nap. The next morning, he will have to go for a one on one interview and then back to more filming.

He sighed staring up at the ceiling with his head hanging back. He should be sleeping rather than thinking about other stuff. After Leeteuk Gege enlists, the subgroups’ activities will start up again. Later he will have to lead 7 members to spread their music in the Chinese market again. Although it sounds like a lot to handle, especially with 6 Korean native speaking members and one Canadian member, Zhoumi is happy to be able to spend more time with them. It could be from touring to mini-concerts to fan-meetings.

He got up and tiredly walked into his room, only to trip over a box near his desk. After hopping around in pain for a bit, he curiously looked at the box. It was a box filled some old things such as books and fashion magazines. He was about to throw out the outdated one until one of them caught his eye. This magazine was the first present that he received when he debuted.

He looked through the old magazine again. Although the book was years old, he still wanted to look page by page carefully. Each page was written with some sort of message. The mood of the messages were either something encouraging, playful, or ‘You should get this’. There were different handwriting styles therefore allowing Zhoumi to distinguish which member wrote what. He laughed heartily at the comments that the members wrote like he did in the past when he first read it. He put the magazine back into the box for safekeeping.

The last thing left in the box was a small photo album. It was an album put together by the members. It was an album that documented the times that he spent with the members as a trainee and as a member of Super Junior M. Each photo had marked an imprint in his life, telling of the hardship during debut and how he matured to help lead the other members in China.

One particular photo that he turned to had Hangeng Gege in it. He looked at it for a long time. Hangeng Gege was the proclaimed leader of Super Junior M before he left and although there was no announcement for a new leader, Zhoumi was somewhat appointed as the “unofficial leader” of the group. Still today, he refused to accept the “leader” title because he felt it should be solely Hangeng Gege’s spot. He sighed at the memory of trying to meet up with Hangeng Gege after his departure from the group. Everytime he went to the restaurant that Hangeng Gege bought for his mom, he was hoping to bump into him and talk to him as friends. Unfortunately, Hangeng Gege was almost never there.

The last photo in the album was a picture taken after one of the Super Show Concerts this year. They were posing in different poses with happy smiles on their faces for completely another successful concert for their fans. It seemed a long time ago since he was with the other members of Super Junior. Was it the last Super Show since I saw most of them he thought to himself. He closed his eyes to relive the memories that he had in the Super Shows.

Like Henry, he had come a long way from being accepted by the public, especially by the dead heart fans. He still remembered of the time when Hangeng Gege left, many of the fans were chanting his name as he and Henry sang his parts with the members of Super Junior M during a Super Show. It was hard to forget, especially performing in front of the home crowd that didn’t appreciate his presence at the time. Despite the unforgiving crowd, the ones that stood by him with the members of Super Junior. Siwon had quieted the crowd to allow Zhoumi to speak. Heechul Gege created a chant just for him and Henry so they would feel loved. No matter how hard it was to stand on stage, all the members would have their arms around him, comforting him and helping him stand up in front of the crowd. That’s what he loved most about the group. It didn’t matter if there was a language barrier between them. They treated him like one of their own brothers.

He put the box underneath the desk where it belonged and hopped on his bed. He got his phone out, wanting to call one of the members in Korea. Seeing all the old photos made him want to reminisce the good and bad times with someone. He looked at the date on the screen and closed his phone. It was only a matter of time before he will get to see everyone again. The next time he sees any of the members, he’s going to take them around to go shopping and maybe one day, just one day, be able to go to the dumpling restaurant to see Hangeng Gege.

A/N: A slightly shorter chapter! Hope you enjoy and comment your response :D! Please check out my other story also!