Kibum

After the Day Ends

Kibum bowed, thanking the film crew for their hard work for his latest drama. He briskly walked to the parked car ahead of him driven by his manager, ignoring the line of onlookers that were watching the film process. He seated in the car, letting out a sigh. He had worked nearly all day and now he’s finally able to take a break. He looked out the window, watching the flashing lights from signs and stores the car passed by. It reminded him of the blue lights of the last Super Show he participated in. It was so long ago.

It has been awhile since he had performed on stage with the other 12 members. They were so happy despite performing for many hours to please their loving fans. He remembered how they would treasure the moments on stage together as if it was their last. All those times on stage, laughing, having fun, it was almost as if they weren’t really working at all. He smiled at the thought of watching his hyungs act like kids rather than their own age.

Even though he was the original maknae before Kyuhyun came abroad, no one really saw him as the maknae. He was quiet and very independent. Although he never really expressed much feeling towards his hyungs, he is thankful to have them as family. During his time in training, he was away from his family for so long and the only ones he depended on were the members that he sang and danced with. Simple hugs were enough for him to feel loved by everyone.

He missed being with the members. He leaned back against the seat to reminisce of the time he spent training and sleeping with them. Although he was mostly trained to sing or dance, he found a great passion for acting. Thus causing his absence in group activities due to the drama positions lined up for him. Even when he was away from Super Junior, no one would leave him out. They would teach him the dance moves that they choreograph in his absence or where to move when he sings. No one would tell him that it was a burden to help him out while the rest of the members got the moves down. They would tell him to keep fighting and keep pushing forward towards his own goals and passion. They had always supported his decision even if it will hurt them in the end.

Kibum took at his phone and looked throught his list of contacts. The most effective way of actually communicating with them would be through text messages or phone calls, but with so many events scheduled for both him and Super Junior, it’s hard to find the right time to just talk for awhile. There’s so many things that he wanted to say to his brothers. How he was sorry for not being there to accept the award with them. How he was teary-eyed with Teukie hyung called out his name when accepting an award. How happy he was when they got together as 13 to take pictures for the photobook. How sad he was when Kangin hyung got into trouble and Hangeng hyung leaving the group after the lawsuit. But even when he is on the phone with one of the members, he couldn’t really say much because the first thing he would hear most of the time would be “Kibum-ah! I missed you so much!” After hearing those words, there always seems to be a lump in his throat and his eyes would start getting watery. He always felt guilty that he couldn’t be there to share some of the burden that the group went through in the past years. He knows that no matter how long he’s been gone, the members will welcome him with open arms.

“Kibum?” Lost in thought, Kibum didn’t realize that the car stopped in front of his house. His manager looked back at him with a look of concern. “Is everything alright?”

Kibum opened his mouth at first and then closed it. He wanted to tell his manager that he wanted to go to the dorm to see everyone. He wanted to go back and hug each one of the member tightly, telling them that he missed them and how sorry he was for not being there for the latest album. He wanted to tell them he will always be Super Junior Kim Kibum and his heart is always with the group.

Instead, Kibum closed his phone and shook his head. He thanked his manager, promising him that he will get rest before the next day of shooting starts. As he watched the car leave his house, he wondered if he just lost his chance to see the members again. No, he thought to himself, I’ll see them again. And when I do, I will hug them and say ‘I love you'.

 

A/N: Yay 1/5 done with the story!!!! Sorry if some of the characters are a bit OC -__- Some of them are pretty hard to write about! Please comment if you could to make the story better or if you like the story! Thank you for reading it!